PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs. Bills Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.... what a surprise. Another negative post from you. :rolleyes:

I'm actually not all that worried about the D play today for a couple reasons.

Overall, I think they played pretty well. They actually made the 3rd down stops they needed to early on, but Buffalo threw out a couple gimicky "go for it" prayer plays that caught us napping. Teams WON'T be doing fake punts and going for 4th and 4 in the post-season unless it's desperation time. 14 points came off those two plays which we can say wouldn't have happened except Buffalo had nothing to lose. Beyond that, we held them to 7 points, which we then got back with a pick 6

Next, our defense is what it is. Might as well get used to it. It's gonna give up gobs of yards but then come up with a timely Interception, fumble or otherwise big play when we need it. Might as well embrace it. I almost think that the giving up all those yards early seduces mediocre QB's and OC's into getting a little too greedy. Fitzpatrick was playing all world in the first quarter and then just kept slinging it downfield and eventually it caught up to him in a major way. That's happened a few times this year.

I actually feel good headed into the playoffs this year. One, I think this team has some moxy that it has lacked in years past. Also, I'm looking to the Divisional round, we're gonna face either Cinci, Denver or the squeelers. The first two don't scare me even a little bit, and this Steelers team is sketchy at best. They have at least as many issues as we do. Plus we own them in the postseason.

You're delusional, no surprise. Arrington lacking ball skills isnt debatable by the way, when Belichick gets shown screaming about it, it should tell you something.

Just as a minor point, the CBA generally does not cover game rules; that is the doing of the Competition Committee, whose proposals are subject to votes by owners. It may have been done at the same time, but I don't think it was something the NFLPA demanded during negotiations.

Yes you're right. I worded it badly. I should have just said it was a new rule for this year.

You're delusional, no surprise. Arrington lacking ball skills isnt debatable by the way, when Belichick gets shown screaming about it, it should tell you something.

So lacking in ball skills that he had 7 interceptions and would have had an 8th if not for the idiotic call by the referee.. :rolleyes:

Of course, it's amazing how you ignore the fact that BB was saying it about McCourty, Molden and Jones too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back