PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Bills Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree about the pass rush. Why would they need more of a pass rush against a guy that would've killed them with his legs if they over pursued? The line held the pocket well all game and even collapsed it at points, which forced Manuel to beat them with his arm. Besides the two touchdowns, the majority of Manuel's other passes were check downs to the RBs or TEs because they forced him to stay in the pocket.

I'd be let down if this was how the pass rush performed against a veteran passing QB like Manning, Rivers, etc. However, this was the perfect strategy against a rookie running-threat QB that may have defaulted to running the ball if his 1st or 2nd read wasn't there.

Fair point.

Still one sack would have been nice. Just a little one. I'm not asking for too much am I? :)

Understand, this is what BB always does against a running QB. Stay in your lanes and confuse him in the secondary.

But did anyone even SEE our "athletic freak" "superfast and quick" 1st round choice anywhere on the field today??????

Seriously, WTF? Why did we draft Collins??????

Did BB bench him?

He was on special teams, watching from the sidelines as Robert Woods was catching a TD pass. Where were the new and improved Chandler Jones and Don't(do anything)Hightower ? We have no studs on D, just guys who rush the passer and get nowhere near the QB.

You need to watch the game again and reassess your opinion of Jones.
As far as the rest of your opinions, I'll just pass on commenting and say I disagree with just about all of it.

I actually thought Jones played well Buffalo was just calling a bunch of quick plays to the backs. Manuel had 18 completions and 9 were to Spiller/Jackson. You arent going to get to the QB if that's what they're doing.

Today is my birthday. A blowout would have been a nice BD present but a tough win is just as good.

It's ok man, you're just upset the Pats won, I get it I won't take anything you say personally and I'll just wait for you to calm down.

I picked the Patriots to win, and I said Amendola would be back after he tweaked his injury.

You're barking up the wrong tree. Thompkins was lousy. Attacking the messengers isn't going to change that.

He was on special teams, watching from the sidelines as Robert Woods was catching a TD pass. Where were the new and improved Chandler Jones and Don't(do anything)Hightower ? We have no studs on D, just guys who rush the passer and get nowhere near the QB.

Yeesh. This is just really bad stuff.

Not that I want to accept your premise which I don't, but Vince Wilfork isn't a stud?

Still confident in Chandler Jones and Kyle Arrington looked pretty studly out there.

Great win, great win with a ****ty offense. Hats off to the guys who put it all on the field... Vereen, Dola, and Edelman.

Special kudos to the defense for keeping us in it despite some snafus

Thrilled for the W, but how on earth are we going to compete with this motley crew offense? This was the Bills, led by a first-timer QB, and they had us on our heels. The team looked all-pro against us.

I disagree about the pass rush. Why would they need more of a pass rush against a guy that would've killed them with his legs if they over pursued? The line held the pocket well all game and even collapsed it at points, which forced Manuel to beat them with his arm. Besides the two touchdowns, the majority of Manuel's other passes were check downs to the RBs or TEs because they forced him to stay in the pocket.

I'd be let down if this was how the pass rush performed against a veteran passing QB like Manning, Rivers, etc. However, this was the perfect strategy against a rookie running-threat QB that may have defaulted to running the ball if his 1st or 2nd read wasn't there.
Football. This guy gets it.

You can't just pin your eyes back against QBs with Manuel's mobility. The defense did a superb job today. Coverage was excellent save for a few plays and the run defense was stout.

If the offense played up to the defense and stop shooting itself in the foot, the Patriots would've won this game by 21+ points. That's a fact and not an opinion.

And why the hell when the other team blitz's, it works and when we try it (which is never), it never works. People are talking about play against a running QB, hell I remember Lawyer Millor crushing Michael Vick on a safety blitz when Vick was a rookie, and Vick was 10x the runner Manuel was in his rookie season. Where is this defensive wizardry BB used to throw at QBs ? Especially rookie QBS ?

Yeesh. This is just really bad stuff.

Yeah I thought Hightower played a really good game actually. He was in on several tackles. Do people not realize that Buffalo only drove the length of the field one time? We handed them 14 points.

Today is my birthday. A blowout would have been a nice BD present but a tough win is just as good.

Happy birthday! Tomorrow is mine. And Dennard's, and Slater's.

I picked the Patriots to win, and I said Amendola would be back after he tweaked his injury.

You're barking up the wrong tree. Thompkins was lousy. Attacking the messengers isn't going to change that.

"Thompkins was lousy"

Your post game focus after a tough win with a lot of bad breaks and some great play down the stretch belies what is important to you - being right. No need to get in a huff about getting called on it.

You got Morris and Martin? Are you in a 6 person pool?

Close but not quite! My receivers are Julio Jones/Demaryius Thomas/Amendola/Welker/Decker :D

Football. This guy gets it.

You can't just pin your eyes back against QBs with Manuel's mobility. The defense did a superb job today. Coverage was excellent save for a few plays and the run defense was stout.

If the offense played up to the defense and stop shooting itself in the foot, the Patriots would've won this game by 21+ points. That's a fact and not an opinion.

The expression is pin your ears back.

Let's save pinning eyes for the JEST fans. :p

I agree manxman. To that point, the following is a quote regarding Calvin Johnson's first NFL game:

"Although he did not start the game, Johnson had an impressive NFL debut on Sunday, September 9, 2007, catching 4 passes for 70 yards and his first career touchdown in Detroit's 36–21 win over the Oakland Raiders."

So, in his first game, Calvin Johnson had four receptions (admittedly for 70 yards and a touchdown instead of 40), and it was considered a "impressive NFL debut".

We have a undrafted free agent playing in his very first NFL game who gets four receptions and the board starts flipping out because of his so called disappointing performance.

Aren't we expecting a lot from an undrafted free agent in his first NFL game? Plus, he hasn't been the center of attention all the way through college like a first round receiver. If he was a little nervous in his first game, so what?

Four receptions seems like a good start to me in his first game.

Funnily enough I did. I saw a rookie WR make four catches. If you were going to tell me that an undrafted WR was going to do that in his very first game, I'd have taken it. What were you expecting? Randy Moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots