PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Bills Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Please post your comments, knee jerk reactions, and insightful observations about today's first regular season game vs the Buffalo Bills, on this thread.

The weather for today's game is suppose to be: Mostly sunny, with a high near 64. Northeast wind around 14 mph.

Welcome to Ralph Wilson Stadium http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-.../id/4748234/welcome-to-ralph-wilson-stadium-4
BTpJ-TmCMAA8Fvx.jpg

Gronk did not make the trip which is not shocking news to anyone.

Let's hope for a good game, with no injuries, and a Patriots victory.

Last edited:
Can't wait until the patriot rookie receivers shock the world.

Everyone thinks the offense will under perform.

I for one would NOT creep up behind a Buffalo, expose myself, and... Just sayin'.

As usual I have first game jitters. I gave the dogs a bath this morning hoping one would head but me so I got the first hit out of the way.:D

Can't wait until the patriot rookie receivers shock the world.

Maybe only one will play unless we're counting Studfeld, which I count. With Washington back on the 53 I wonder if we'll see Boyce take a KR? Then again, we might only get kicked to once today. :)

I'm a little ill at ease too.

Totally new receiving crew.

That bad performance against the Lions.

The Bills have some good offensive weapons and a QB who could run and throw well.

Our D didn't really add a monster pass rusher, as I wanted them to do.

Now let me be clear. I think they are going to win and win big today. But I am somewhat nervous given all of the above.

Anyone know who the TV announcing crew is?

i'm allready ready - AVANTI PATRIOTI DEL NEW ENGLAND !!!

VAI !!!

Who do you you think will catch the first touchdown from brady this season? i think kenbrell

NFL gameday said the Pats had the 31st ranked defense. Which is odd because they haven't even played yet, nor was it 31st last year.

Who do you you think will catch the first touchdown from brady this season? i think kenbrell

I'll go Sudfeld short, Vereen long.

NFL gameday said the Pats had the 31st ranked defense. Which is odd because they haven't even played yet, nor was it 31st last year.

well, at least they didn't call them "old and slow."

nfl network analyst are
0007103800139_500X500.jpg

Real excited to see how tha Patriots D-line plays this season. Hope for a great season !

Never let facts get in the way of a good story.

A few days ago I heard Cris Carter (I know, big mistake) say 'the Patriots had the 29th ranked defense in points allowed', and then he quickly corrected himself to say yards allowed.

I found it ironic because that slip would have been a perfect opportunity for either Carter or one of the other panelists to jump in and point out the discrepancy in the two rankings.

Very predictably, not a single one of them did so. I presume it was equal parts of that line not being in the script, and their being so superficial in their preparation for their analysis.

Jairus Byrd has now officially been ruled out, in case there was any doubt.

Based on the roster and players already known to be inactive thus far, the Patriots will be going into today's game with just 3 safeties, 2 tight ends, and 3 defensive tackles.

3 DTs could come back to bite them, the Bills run the no huddle now so getting stuck with Kelly & Wilfork on the field for a long period of time will be trouble late in the game.

So force lots of 3 and outs please :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing