PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots offseason thread [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the tough part is finding guys who are big enough to clog runs yet smaller, athletic enough to pass rush. Guys who can do both is rare

And when we have them, we trade them for a draft pick two years off in the future.

Re: ***The offseason thread***

Yes to block!!!! Why do you want a Tight end so bad? It isn't one of our huge problems at all. We can address in the late rounds of the draft or in free agency. There is no need to take one in the first round!! You are the only one here who thinks it is.

Read my OP, I never said anything about him in the first round, you brought it up first, Im just making an argument for why he is AN OPTION in the first.

I was thinking of OC's who may available, and one guy who really is intruging to me is Mike Leach out of Texas Tech. He did a great job with the offense at Texas Tech and is known as an offensive guru. I wouldn't mind seeing him here. What do you guys think?

Anyone worried that this team has too many holes that cant be solved in just one offseason?.....I am

Yes there are far too many problems with this team it will take 2 years. This team needs a RB, WR, OG, OT, C, DE, 2 OLB's MLB, CB, and Safety.

Read my OP, I never said anything about him in the first round, you brought it up first, Im just making an argument for why he is AN OPTION in the first.

Where do you think he will go? He is a highly skilled tight end. He will be gone by the second round barring a set back from his injury which kept him out all last season. He isn't option for us with all our problems we have. I'm getting tired of explaining this to you.

Before I start tossing players off the bus, I would like to know who was playing hurt and how badly they were hurt. Because the Pats are not interested in telling anyone how significantly their players are hurt it is difficult to distinguish between a player who lacked the physical ability to play at a high level and one who lacked the talent to do so.

A player who has been playing through a serious injury should be praised, not disparaged.

So you are saying that the injuries by the Patriots players were the cause of the loss?

I would find that hard to believe.

Where do you think he will go? He is a highly skilled tight end. He will be gone by the second round barring a set back from his injury which kept him out all last season. He isn't option for us with all our problems we have. I'm getting tired of explaining this to you.

Its highly possible he makes it too the second round. He is an option for us, maybe not the first or second but hes an option non the less. Honestly who pass rush was a problem last year and we didn't address it, so I'm not ruling anything out.

And when we have them, we trade them for a draft pick two years off in the future.

???

Seymour had a one year contract and he wasn't going to be a Patriot beyond that. Guys like him have moved into a 12 to 14 million a year range, but Richard doesn't bring it enough to justify that, and this is the exact reason why Peppers won't sign for that kind of money either.

Yes there are far too many problems with this team it will take 2 years. This team needs a RB, WR, OG, OT, C, DE, 2 OLB's MLB, CB, and Safety.

Why didn't you add coach and QB?

didnt think we should be talking about this now... but guess it was coming this week or next ... so there is a laundry list of things to do...

1 Franchise Wilfork
2 Resign Mankins and Ghostkowski
3 find 2 pass rushers...
4 say good bye to Adailus thomas, Ben Watson, and Laurencne maroney...
5 Find 2 WR
6 Get a new Punter
7 2 more lb
8 a shut down corner is needed, and its not Darius Butler...

Why does Darius Butler fail your test?

???

Seymour had a one year contract and he wasn't going to be a Patriot beyond that. Guys like him have moved into a 12 to 14 million a year range, but Richard doesn't bring it enough to justify that, and this is the exact reason why Peppers won't sign for that kind of money either.

Completely agree with your thoughts on Seymour and people just dont understand why we traded him. It was a move for the future, not this year. Also, people are really up playing just how good he really was. Look at his stats this season...4 sacks, 31 tackles. Mike Wright had more sacks than Seymour, 5. Two of which came on opening night. And 25 tackles. Seymour's loss wasnt as severe as people think.

Its highly possible he makes it too the second round. He is an option for us, maybe not the first or second but hes an option non the less. Honestly who pass rush was a problem last year and we didn't address it, so I'm not ruling anything out.

The D-Line with Seymour last season was one of our strongest points. We got pressure from them every single game last season. Our problem was we had guys like Ellis Hobbs and Deltha O'neal as our corners. The pass rush wasn't a major problem at all last season. Did you watch the games? We need guys on the defensive side of the ball period!1 Not a position that we don't use often.

Just heard Floyd Reese interviewing for the Seattle GM job. The defection continues. Let's hope BB doesn't pull an Urban Meyer and decide to take a leave of absence.

The D-Line with Seymour last season was one of our strongest points. We got pressure from them every single game last season. Our problem was we had guys like Ellis Hobbs and Deltha O'neal as our corners. The pass rush wasn't a major problem at all last season. Did you watch the games? We need guys on the defensive side of the ball period!1 Not a position that we don't use often.

Thats your opinion on the defensive side of the ball part but let me just say that maybe if we had a TE that could consitantly stretch the field we would use them more, did you see the end of our week 1 game? I think the TE position played a huge part in that game. WTF are you talking about "The pass rush wasnt a major problem at all last season"? Really, I think if you ask every one of the posters other than Brady being out Pass rush was our biggest problem last year and our pass rush isnt supposed to primarily come from our D-Line but our linebackers.

I wonder if BB decides to move upstairs and become Director of Football Operations leaving teh door open to hire a new coach and staff

I wonder if BB decides to move upstairs and become Director of Football Operations leaving teh door open to hire a new coach and staff

That sounds crazy and probably would never happen, but that is an interesting idea.

Thats your opinion on the defensive side of the ball part but let me just say that maybe if we had a TE that could consitantly stretch the field we would use them more, did you see the end of our week 1 game? I think the TE position played a huge part in that game. WTF are you talking about "The pass rush wasnt a major problem at all last season"? Really, I think if you ask every one of the posters other than Brady being out Pass rush was our biggest problem last year and our pass rush isnt supposed to primarily come from our D-Line but our linebackers.

No it wasn't, it was the fact that our secondary was so bad. It was horrendous and hence the problem we had last season. It wasn't a primary issue on defense last season at all. Did you watch how bad our secondary was? I agree with you're notion about the linebackers getting pressure, which was inconsistent, but wasn't the main problem with the defense such as you are stating. Point me out another game that the Tight Ends were used or targeted affectively? Oh wait, there wasn't one. IT ISN'T ONE OF OUR PRIMARY NEEDS!!! WE WON"T BE DRAFTING HIM!!!

There are alot of key holes that need to be filled. Oline is a big one, Light needs to go keep Mankins and add some help. Pass rushers are needed Mclain from Alabama would be a great pick but we probably would have to trade up to get him considering we probably pick in the early 20's. And as far as Maroney he can't get the job done 2yds a carry isn't enough. Welker hurts cause getting him back next year is wishful thinking. And these are just some things I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back