PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots Draft thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyson Jackson is no Richard Seymour. Ty Warren, maybe, but Ty Warren wasn't worth the #3 pick.

The right move for KC is Eugene Monroe. If he's not healthy, take Curry. It's all about the blue-chip players.

Why go with Monroe? Are they going to move Albert to RT? They need DL or a skill player.

I don't see Aaron Curry on his cell phone - don't think he's the pick here.

Why go with Monroe? Are they going to move Albert to RT? They need DL or a skill player.

Yeah, that's my thinking. Big protection for Cassel. Or maybe take Raji? Who knows.

Cmon Curry drop to us!!!

Man, Jackson's getting booed hard.

KC takes - Tyson Jackson, DE. I think they reached for Jackson, but he fits their system and Pioli knows 3-4 DEs. I think they should have taken Monroe.

Seattle is on the clock. Bakes781 has guaranteed that Aaron Curry goes no later than #4, so he must be the pick here. I say they go with Mark Sanchez here. Eugene Monroe or Andre Smith would be my backup choice. Still too expensive for a LB, and Seattle has bigger needs.

Pioli just kicked Mayock in the boiz.

Wow they picked Jackson. I thought that they would have picked Curry. Good pick, IMO.

Wow!! They pulled the trigger on the guy they liked.

Currys gonna drop now as the run on OT's starts soon

Berman says that Curry goes to Seattle....?

What the hell is he on....

If Curry drops to 8, do the Pats attempt to trade up?

I think Seattle picks Monroe here - Would be best for them IMO

I think KC reached for Jackson. He's not a top 5 player IMHO. But they obviously couldn't get someone to give adequate value to trade down, and they preferred a true 3-4 DE over a more talented player like Curry who didn't fit as well, at a position of less value.

If it weren't Scott Pioli I would be all against this. But I have to assume Pioli knows what he is doing.

I like the Jackson pick. Gotta get your big boys when you can.

I think KC reached for Jackson. He's not a top 5 player IMHO. But they obviously couldn't get someone to give adequate value to trade down, and they preferred a true 3-4 DE over a more talented player like Curry who didn't fit as well, at a position of less value.

If it weren't Scott Pioli I would be all against this. But I have to assume Pioli knows what he is doing.

I bet they spent 8 minutes trying to trade down ..

Going all Matt Millen on us already aren't you? :p

Eh, he fits what they want to do, so you draft him. Right out of the Richard Seymour playbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes