PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots Draft thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rams pick - Jason Smith, OT, as expected. Good move - build the lines first.

KC up next - I think they go Eugene Monroe at OT if they can't trade back. It's too high for Tyson Jackson, and too expensive for a LB.

No surprise there Rams taking Jason Smith

KC up next - I think they go Eugene Monroe at OT if they can't trade back. It's too high for Tyson Jackson, and too expensive for a LB.

I disagree, I don't think it's too high for Jackson. They may try to move back a few spots and still get him, but if they can't move back, I think they take Jackson.

now the last part of the Cassel trade comes into play ... Pats go Curry!

Good pick. It will be interesting to see how he fairs vs Andre Smith and Monroe.

What's your take on Jackson?

WTF, it's been less than 60 seconds and Kiper already gives the Rams a B+ for the pick?

now the last part of the Cassel trade comes into play ... Pats go Curry!

Don't want Curry at 3 - too expensive. Love Curry at 8-10 - fabulous value, fair price.

WTF, it's been less than 60 seconds and Kiper already gives the Rams a B+ for the pick?

I think that's the grade for Smith, as in that particular player.

I think that's the grade for Smith, as in that particular player.

I know what it is he meant. My comment was directed at how ridiculous it is to give a grade to a pick within one minute of the selection.

What's your take on Jackson?

If KC thinks Jackson is another Seymour, then they should take him at #3. If they think he's another Warren, then it's too high for him. I lean more to the Warren side (I prefer Warren).

KC could go Jackson at 3, but I think Monroe is better value. Monroe and Brandon Albert at bookend tackles protecting Matt Cassel would be sound sense.

A trade here??????

I wish Jason Smith had pancaked Deion Sanders, that would have set the right tone for me.

They're going Curry here no doubt.

The right move for KC is Eugene Monroe. If he's not healthy, take Curry. It's all about the blue-chip players.

Last edited:
Gotta be Curry, if they cant trade out

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes