PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots Draft (Day 1) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Says the BB interview is still to come but does not hint at what time.

I am really interested in listening to BB being as vague as humanly possible.

Last edited:
I am really interested in listening to BB be as vague as humanly possible.

"We might trade up, if we think there's value in a pick."

"Well, if we think the value is a little bit lower, we'll look to trade down."

"Yeah, that's a good point. If we like the value at 22, we'll just stay there."

Maybe he's told Holley again this year who they'll pick if he's there.

"We might trade up, if we think there's value in a pick."

"Well, if we think the value is a little bit lower, we'll look to trade down."

"Yeah, that's a good point. If we like the value at 22, we'll just stay there."

"Well, you know, we have a lot of areas on the team where I think we could improve. We're pretty deep at a number of areas, but less so at some others. In terms of compiling our draft board, there are a number of factors we take into consideration. So I think we'll be looking to take someone who can come in and contribute and hopefully make us a better and more complete team."

Last edited:
For those of you desiring a running back, it's being reported that the Raiders would be open to trading McFadden.

Have at it. ;)

McFadden-bust
Dorsey-can not find his role on Chiefs
Vernon Gholston-bust
Have at it.

McFadden-bust
Dorsey-can not find his role on Chiefs
Vernon Gholston-bust
Have at it.

Chris Long is an average DE
Derrick Harvey is even less than that
Sedrick Ellis is good, but not worthy of a 7th pick.
Overall, I think six of the top 10 picks were misses. Jake Long was the right move. Ryan is solid. Mayo was great his rookie year and probably had a set back last year due to injuries. Keith Rivers was a good pick up.

WAYYYY too early to call a 2008 draftee a bust. Two years from now, if they haven't done anything, then yeah, I agree, busts.

Jets realized they had a bust as soon as training camp.
Just think about it those players were marked as 'can't misses '.

WAYYYY too early to call a 2008 draftee a bust. Two years from now, if they haven't done anything, then yeah, I agree, busts.

If guys like McFadden and Gholston are playing for different teams this upcoming seasons, they are busts. Especially if all their original teams get is like a 5th rounder. How can you not call a 4th overall pick that gives you 856 yards and 5 TDs in two years and nets you a fifth rounder two years later anything but a bust for the Raiders?

If trend continues JaFat Russell will be on the trading block in 2011,Darrius heyward-Bay in 2012,Mike Iupati in 2013...
Ithink we did Oakland a favor and spred them from drafting in top 10 in next year's draft.

Overall, I think six of the top 10 picks were misses.

From this I guess we can take:
-- Other teams occasionally miss too
-- High first round does not guarantee impact

If at 22 one of the following players is there; Kindle, Graham, Bryant, Hughes, Odrick ( math says that it's likely ONE will be there) and we pass on him, I will go absolutely ape****.

I have a vision;
@22:Kindle
@44:Alalau (spelling? Idk)
@47:Damian Williams
@53:Gronkowski

It's too perfect to happen; I'm trying to come to terms with it now.

Weird! I have an identical vision! And yes, it is too perfect but why dream in dribs and drabs? :cool:

From this I guess we can take:
-- Other teams occasionally miss too
-- High first round does not guarantee impact

Lies! First round guarantees impact, and if they don't have immediate impact here then it's because BB screwed up AGAIN!!1!

:rolleyes: <----- Because some people here actually think like this

I hope that nfl.com accully does show the draft live like they are adversting this would be the first on i miss in years hell 3 years ago i watched in a hospital room 3 days after my son was born

Guys,I know I am a relatively new to this message board and can't start new threads so just to kill the time before NFL Draft starts,I'd like to share little nugget about our #44 pick.Yesterday I was burning up twigs,dead wood, when my wife brought me an old box filled with junk mail ,old newspapers etc.In it I found a printout from CBSSports.com dated 3/17/2009.Two names cought my eyes ; George Bussey OG from Louisville rated as 510th player ( 28th in OG category ) taken by Patriots with 170th overall pick AND Derek Cox DB from William & Mary rated as 509th player ( 48th in CB/DB category ) drafted by Jacksonville 73rd overall with Patriots' pick.
It shows you that if a team falls with love with a player they will trade up no matter what.And that happened exactly a year ago.

Heads up: BB is now on NFLN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey