PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots Chargers POST game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Please post your POST game comments on this thread.

That was a good win against a very good team. The defense came with the big plays when they had to. It's silly to think they could hold that team under 21 points.

Personally I think the NFL officials had the worse day of anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The offficial Patriots Chargers POST game thread.

I was in disbelief that Brady wasn't carted off the field after that hit on his legs the way his knee bent. He/we are Very Lucky.

Its always a slug fest when NE and SD play, but per usual we came out on top.

Last edited:

Great win against a very good San Diego team.

Injury report might be a tad long this week.

This game showed why people always say you can't make mistakes against the Pats.

McCorty's island has been washed away.

The defense has been taking a beating after the 1st 2 weeks, but once again the red zone defense was immense.

Its tough to defend... catches where the ball is so high ....

we did what we could and slowed them down enough..... but like any other game....turnovers was the true indicator....

I was in disbelief that Brady wasn't carted off the field after that hit on his legs the way his knee bent.

I didn't see the hit, but I read it was pretty bad. This shlt should not be tolerated. Injuries ruin the game.

I can't even get the stats Brady is putting up in Madden.

Good game devin needs to get his **** together though. Wasn't just size guys were wide open a few times. Hope the real devin returns next week an shuts down Stevie Johnson. Overall good game by the d and great game by Brady again.

I want to ***** about the lack of pass rush, especially on Rivers TD pass to Jackson to make it 20-14, but who knows maybe it was more of a containment style D in the game plan and they held them to 21 with it. Turnovers were the difference.

The offficial Patriots Chargers POST game thread.

A win is a win is a win. I'll process this more when I've had a chance to get some sleep and work out this schizophrenic defense of ours. They make you pull your hair then totally redeem themselves the next.

TB12... he is something isn't he?

I thought plays like when Garay came in low on Brady just after her threw it were very illegal now? But the officials didn't even blink. That was bleepin scary. I hope Goodell fines the crap out of Garay.

I was in disbelief that Brady wasn't carted off the field after that hit on his legs the way his knee bent.

Dude my life flashed before my eyes on the replay. He looked like the number on his jersey.

I didn't see the hit, but I read it was pretty bad. This shlt should not be tolerated. Injuries ruin the game.

I can't even get the stats Brady is putting up in Madden.

Classy post. And I can but there's gonna be like 4 picks to go with it :p

McCorty's island has been washed away.

He's still a young player. 2nd year. He made some good plays as well too. We should try and focus on the good as well as the bad.

Brady had an unbelievable game again. He stepped it up and drove this team when the Pats HAD to respond.

The secondary still has issues. The passrush still has issues. But we did take away Antonio Gates completely. I mean dude became a missing person. Norv Turner could be seen passing out milk cartons with Gates faced on it during and after the game. "Have you seen this person?"

All in all, it's still a win against a very talented club who put a lot of pressure on this defense. But the defense did respond with some crucial takeaways. Hopefully next game the Pats patch up the issues to the point where they won't need to rely on the turnovers to keep the game out of reach because turnovers can't always be counted on.

I'm just glad to get out of this with a W and hopefully the injuries are minor but they were piling up on our D - Dowling, Ihidigbo, Arrington, etc.

Good offense, with some struggles in the 3rd quarter. Fortunately it wasn't like last year, when our offensive struggles covered the whole second half. The offense today picked up again in the 4th quarter.

Ocho is coming along.

Very low pressure from our side today, Rivers made an awful lot of quick throws though and we might have game-planned not to bring the full heat.

Awesome red-zone defense on critical plays in the 1st half.

Very concerned about all the injuries. Arrington will be out for sure with a concussion, can't be that he hasn't got one on that hit. They were looking at Dowlings hamstring or such, didn't come back. The hit on Bradys knee scared the crap out of me. Same goes for Meskos knee...I think that very few give him credit for what he's done to our opponents field positions. Our safeties are banged up (Chung, Idehigbo)...yes Bill, now it's the time to bring a vet for depth purposes!!!

Would like to see more of Edelman.

Last edited:

I was very surprised that the Pats didn't adjust and start shadowing the RB on passing plays. I lost track of the number of dump-offs that Rivers was able to do on 3rd downs..

The one official who called the PI on Brown seriously needs his head examined. Brown looked over his LEFT shoulder and was using his left arm to knock away the pass. That is text book pass defense.

I have to say that Chung did a fabulous job against Gates today. I don't remember the last time Gates was shut down like that.

I know people are down on McCourty, but lets get real. McCourty was going up against one of the best WRs in the league with a top 5 QB throwing to him. Jackson made 2 spectacular catches and made 2 others that were perfectly thrown and that there was no way McCourty could have made a play on them.

On a different note, it was good to see Mesko back out there for the one PAT. Though his knee was definitely tender from the way he was limping. I thought for sure, when I saw the way that the trainer was moving his knee laterally, that his ACL was done.

Antonio Garay needs to be fined for going low on Brady. He intentionally went at Brady's knee, contrary to what Jim Nantz said.

The offense continues to be amazing. Good to see Chad get in on a couple of good plays. The TEs continue to be amazing. The run offense has clearly taken a hit with Connolly in there, but not as much of one as I thought. The Pats just need to use it more..

Excellent win by the Patriots today.

I expected the D-line to get more heat on Rivers - kudos to the Chargers O-line doing a great job of keeping him upright.

Rivers to Jackson is almost unstoppable when they are both on like today - I think V Jax's TD catch wasn't even meant to go to him - it was underthrown to the guy at the back of the EZ and Arrington was right there for pick....if VJ hadn't swooped in - awesome playmaking.

Brady was majestic, as usual, his command of the tempo and timing of the offense is like watching a conductor directing his orchestra.

More big plays on D - eventually people will realise that these turnovers aren't just luck but the results of good situational coaching.

Its a shame that the gameday thread often becomes unreadable once the opposition make a play or two.

Its the same posters every week who only show up to post negative BS, when we score a TD or get an INT suddenly they are nowhere to be seen - hopefully our mods can boot these trolls.

espnfail.jpg

ESPN fail

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey