PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots at Miami Dolphins Week One Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have missed the bomb Brady threw to Edelman in the first half then. And that "game-changing WR" you speak of was inactive today. Not every deep threat can play like Randy Moss so if you ever expect a WR to come in and beat triple coverage like he did then you're going to be greatly disappointed.

Your argument was that the Pats passed up on the likes of Patterson, Thomas, etc. and instead settled for LaFell. LaFell was not brought in to be the #1 WR on this team. He's maybe the 4th best, if that. And with regards to this game how would having any of those guys made a difference? Brady had no time to get rid of the ball with the turnstiles that was the O-line.

If you feel the need to continue to make your case for acquiring a "game-changing WR" then that's fine, but doing during a game in which the problem for the offense was unquestionably the line is just stupid.
You mean the one that hung in the air forever and he underthrew by 10 yards?

You mean the one that hung in the air forever and he underthrew by 10 yards?

If you mean the one that went for 44 yards then of course. Brady under threw bombs to Moss sometimes and he would come back and grab them, but you were complaining then too I bet?

So many things wrong today that can't be fixed in a week. When I watch the other games, gol me all on here, I see guys breaking tackles, defense wrapping up and QB's throwing well along with receivers getting open, nothing the pats could do today.

I'm sure they do well next week but dam I thought this would be a tough game but didn't think they would get owned like that in the second half.

Has this defense shown any type of innovation in the last ten years? We all know the league had changed to an offensive passing league. Have we shown the ability to adapt to that? For awhile our offense was able to compensate for that, but with a diminishing Brady skill-set and a lack of talent, I think we could be in for a rude awakening this year.

If you mean the one that went for 44 yards then of course. Brady under threw bombs to Moss sometimes and he would come back and grab them, but you were complaining then too I bet?

If you are not able to see Brady's fading ability, I don't know what to tell you.

What about Gronkowski wide open up the seam? What about the 5 or 6 out routes that either floated or he just couldn't get it there? What about the balls at the feet of Vereen? One of the main reasons Brady is facing so much pressure is defenses can blitz the crap out of him with any fear of his arm beating them. That is the opposite of how things used to be.

Last edited:
Any idea how much Bill has to do with the defense, compared to Patricia?

(example: 40% Coach A, 60% Coach B)

Every single QB in the NFL can lob a ball 44 yds in the air. That throw was pathetic.

Look he was standing way too long and you know it, I had a stop watch out during the second half and was seeing 6-7 seconds, at some point throw it way. He looked terrible and I love the pats but I ain't no homer.

HARDO

Why is it people cannot see the difference in a QB looking bad and a QB's o-line failing?

Why cant people bring themselves to accept the fact that it was indeed a combination of both?

The oline blows chunks...true. But I think it's time that we start to take off the blinders and realize that TFB is much,much closer to the end than any of us want to admit. It sucks, but time waits for no man. Not even Tommy.

When you see a company failing, you don't need a tipster to tell you to sell. Brady was a sell last year, and with this OL it's only going to get worse.

Was it just me, or even with back ups, did Miami's D seem about twice as fast as ours? It really seemed like the slowest Pats team I can remember.
Really??? The 1st game on the road in what, 100 degrees? In Miami, where they always struggle? Come on. they sucked today. They have games every year where they stink it up. they cant be world beaters every game. A lot of people seem to forget that the Pats suck occasionally. Concern yes, panic no. We've seen it before.

Really??? The 1st game on the road in what, 100 degrees? In Miami, where they always struggle? Come on. they sucked today. They have games every year where they stink it up. they cant be world beaters every game. A lot of people seem to forget that the Pats suck occasionally. Concern yes, panic no. We've seen it before.

Don't feed the troll, put him on ignore.

TFB needs to play within his abilities. He has never been a deep passer(except 07). Our OLine sucked dirty dog nuts and we payed for it. We did nothing to upgrade our O this past offseason and our D still looks like crap. They basically added Revis to the D and said ok D is fixed.

It's not a matter of sucking today for me. It's a general lack of creativity on defense, combined with players who don't win one on one match ups. The Patriots used to compensate for this with superior offensive production. An aging QB, recovering TE, below avg WR core, and below avg OL will not let that happen this year.

Let me explain what happened in Miami's locker room at half time.

"This guy cannot complete a pass beyond 7 yards. We are going to blitz the crap out of him, double Gronkowski and all you DBs have to do is jump the blitz hot routes."

"They do not have a dominant pass rusher, and their defensive schemes are from 1989." "We will have all the time in the world to get open, so all you receivers have to do is keep moving." "You'll eventually come open, and we'll have big plays." "If we don't turn the ball over, we will blow these guys out in the second half."

Miami is a below avg football team and they should have beat us by 40.

lets talk football? ok, your new savior geeNO threw a pick and fumbled on the goal line
thanks, first football response, off topic , but that's ok. Geno needs to clean that up. We controlled the game . Check the stats. But you are correct. I will judge him vs a better D

Every single QB in the NFL can lob a ball 44 yds in the air. That throw was pathetic.

It's actually pretty close to how you are supposed to throw on a back shoulder fade.

First game guys. No need for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots