PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots at Miami Dolphins Week One Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Edelman at no.1 will not cut it

Thank you. Ive said for 2 years now Edelman is a very good slot WR, but is nowhere near a # 1 WR. Patriots GA felt the need to insult me, but if he watched the game, he would have realized we lack a true game changing WR that can breakout a long TD at any moment. Miami's defense had no respect for our ability to beat them deep, so they were able to adjust and easily contain our short game.

We need a deep threat, to prevent us from becoming one dimensional on our offense. We need a WR with some size, speed, physicality, and good hands.

Wow the team looked slow, wilfork was missing on half the plays and I don't understand that, gronk looked slow, they couldn't run the ball and I'm not blaming the mankins thing because pressure was coming from everywhere. TB looked terrible and should have sat in the 3rd quarter, he quit in the 4th. Never been so disappointed in them ever. BB didn't Prepare his team, defense against the run holy **** they get Peterson next week? Just wow.

But maybe a good thing in the long run I don't think they are are as bad as they showed today.

How was his play in the first half?

How many times we he hit during the game?

Decent. About what I would expect an avg QB to do against a below-avg defense playing with backup LBs.

Thank you. Ive said for 2 years now Edelman is a very good slot WR, but is nowhere near a # 1 WR. Patriots GA felt the need to insult me, but if he watched the game, he would have realized we lack a true game changing WR that can breakout a long TD at any moment. Miami's defense had no respect for our ability to beat them deep, so they were able to adjust and easily contain our short game.

We need a deep threat, to prevent us from becoming one dimensional on our offense. We need a WR with some size, speed, physicality, and good hands.

They won a SB with Troy Brown as a number 1, and they won two more with Deion Branch as a number 1.

I really think the heat and humidity played a role in why they were so much worse in the 2nd half than in the 1st half. Revis' absence due to cramping seems to buttress this theory.

I wondered how much team conditioning and the humidity played a role in the 2nd half collapse. Rubber legs will lead to poor tackling.

There was nothing wrong with Edelman, hE had 95 frigin yards and was in postion twice to make huge plays. And Brady stunk it up, let's face it Brady looked like **** today. This Edelman thing is the dumbest thing I have see here all day. Edelman was in position twice to make big plays open and Brady screwed him. The reason that Miami didn't respect the long passing game is because they knew Brady couldn't throw that ball. The only long ball caught was by Edelman and that was short by Brady anyway. Brady sucked face it.

Why is it people cannot see the difference in a QB looking bad and a QB's o-line failing?

Why is it people cannot see the difference in a QB looking bad and a QB's o-line failing?
Because Brady stood like a statue most of the time...sorry calling how I see it.

Look this is a rare day for Tom and the Pats but don't just blame the line TB didn't look good. But I expect I wouldn't want to be the team play in the pats next week.

You're not wrong, but the guy who said Brady is a "sacred cow" is right. People need to open their eyes. I remember reading an anonymous scout s quote saying that with guys like Brady, watch out, because when they start to erode, they go straight off the cliff. Just watch him play
That's totally rad brah :cool:. Does this "anonymous scout" have any hot stock tips? Cuz he's totally awesome, dude. Cuz we all know how totally awesome " anonymous scouts" are.

You must have missed the bomb Brady threw to Edelman in the first half then. And that "game-changing WR" you speak of was inactive today. Not every deep threat can play like Randy Moss so if you ever expect a WR to come in and beat triple coverage like he did then you're going to be greatly disappointed.

Your argument was that the Pats passed up on the likes of Patterson, Thomas, etc. and instead settled for LaFell. LaFell was not brought in to be the #1 WR on this team. He's maybe the 4th best, if that. And with regards to this game how would having any of those guys made a difference? Brady had no time to get rid of the ball with the turnstiles that was the O-line.

If you feel the need to continue to make your case for acquiring a "game-changing WR" then that's fine, but doing during a game in which the problem for the offense was unquestionably the line is just stupid.

Because Brady stood like a statue most of the time...sorry calling how I see it.

As opposed to how he usually stands like a statue? Are you confusing him with a mobile QB? He never moves around much.

No matter how you slice it, that O still put up 20 points in rough conditions. I don't see where the TFB blame comes from. Looked like run-D, O-line, and a few ST errors to me.

Can someone find this out...

Is there any of our o-linemen who DIDN'T give up a sack today? And who?

So Brady said he would quit when he sucks...he sucked today so......

That's totally rad brah :cool:. Does this "anonymous scout" have any hot stock tips? Cuz he's totally awesome, dude. Cuz we all know how totally awesome " anonymous scouts" are.

When you see a company failing, you don't need a tipster to tell you to sell. Brady was a sell last year, and with this OL it's only going to get worse.

Was it just me, or even with back ups, did Miami's D seem about twice as fast as ours? It really seemed like the slowest Pats team I can remember.

As opposed to how he usually stands like a statue? Are you confusing him with a mobile QB? He never moves around much.

No matter how you slice it, that O still put up 20 points in rough conditions. I don't see where the TFB blame comes from. Looked like run-D, O-line, and a few ST errors to me.
Look he was standing way too long and you know it, I had a stop watch out during the second half and was seeing 6-7 seconds, at some point throw it way. He looked terrible and I love the pats but I ain't no homer.

Wow, are you guys watching the cowboys? The 49ers just scored in Dallas and the crowd roared! The place is at least half nines fans!

Oh, in case you didn't know already, Tony Romo sucks!
Yes. Oh the humanity!!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye