PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots at Miami Dolphins Week One Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Please post your comments, knee jerk reactions and insightful observations regarding today's 2014 week one game at the Miami Dolphins in this thread. Please do not start other threads concerning tonight's game as they will be merged or deleted.

Game time is 1:00 pm ET. If you don't have the Sunday Ticket it will be available on CBS throughout all of New England, as well as in Florida (except Jacksonville and Orlando), Indiana (except South Bend), northern Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Alabama, southern Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas (except Dallas and Waco), New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Las Vegas, most of Oregon, eastern Washington, Alaska and Hawaii.

Greg Gumbel will call the play-by-play and Trent Green will handle the commentary; no more Dan Dierdorf.

This is the game that we will finally find out who starts on the offensive line, who plays at safety opposite Devin McCourty, and which receivers and running backs will (and won't) get the majority of snaps and touches; we will also (presumably) get to see Rob Gronkowski take the field for the first time since week 13 of last season.

Let's hope for a good game, with no injuries, and a Patriots victory.

Whoo! It's finally here it's like christmas morning in September!

Was writing the above at same time, apologies for the deletion.

TommyBrady12 said:
Can't wait to see our new look D and how our offensive line will counter the pass rushers of Miami. I think the key to winning this game is to contain Cameron Wake.

Also, as a side note, did anyone see Michael Robinson, FB for the Seahawks this morning, come out and say that NO team can compete with the Seahawks this year EXCEPT the Patriots? He literally said that he could not wait to see Browner in our defense. Mind you, this is a current player on another team praising us.

Anyone have any interesting dishes on the menu? What jersey will you guys be wearing? I think I'll be wearing my new Revis jersey.

Here's to the start of what will hopefully be a Super Bowl season.

The wait is the worst part. Was hoping to sleep until noon and instead woke up at 7 am

Hah, I woke up at 7am too! Too excited for the first game I suppose ;)

Jesus they said 70% humidity in Miami. Its going to feel like a sauna out there

Makes me laugh hearing people talk about Miami's fast pace offense

how much will gronk play? hmmm

Hope Volin is as wrong as he usually is.

The good thing about South FL, you can have major thunderstorms for 10 minutes and be sunny the rest of the day. I have never seen a part of the country with such bizarre weather patterns. You can be sitting in the stadium and it can be pouring rain on you and the guy sitting next to you is bone dry in the sun.

Brady and Gronk are questionable with possible severe injury.

Look for Garrapolo to that TE we traded for.

Florio is reporting his sources (most likely Drew Rosenhaus) tell him Gronk will be used sparingly.
And he said randy moss was going to be released before the season started in 2007. And the PFT article also links the satire article and says "it is bogus,we are told".

Its been frustrating the whole media coverage on the pats all week. I was listening to the brady interview with jim gray before the seahawks game .All questions were about mankins, if he thinks he will be released, his calf,gronk's health. Got me thinking , no team has to answer all these questions other than football so much. Its just annoying. Like Gronk saying he will play on monday became breaking news... How does florio know the game plan today ?

************. Seeing that TJ Ward hit on Gronk

He came flying directly at his knees. That still pisses me off. That's not how you hit, unless you're a shameless ****y.

Some pre-game thoughts from this site's contributors:

Podcast: Patriots vs. Dolphins
The Patriots Fourth And Two crew previews the upcoming game between the Patriots and the Dolphins. There is also an interview with Patriots salary cap guru Miguel Benzan.

Who Has The "Razor's Edge"; Patriots-Dolphins Key Matchups | Pats Pub
Steve Balestrieri gives a detailed look at each team's running game versus the opponents front seven, their passing game versus the opposition's secondary, and special teams.

Patriots Take on Dolphins in Season Opener | Patriots Haven
Derek Havens gives his pregame thoughts and players to watch; his key matchup is Charles Clay versus the Patriots' defense.

Russ Goldman lists his Five Things To Look For: Pats vs. Dolphins

Bob George has a historical perspective of the Patriots-Dolphins rivalry with South Florida Problematic For Patriots

And he said randy moss was going to be released before the season started in 2007. And the PFT article also links the satire article and says "it is bogus,we are told".

Its been frustrating the whole media coverage on the pats all week. I was listening to the brady interview with jim gray before the seahawks game .All questions were about mankins, if he thinks he will be released, his calf,gronk's health. Got me thinking , no team has to answer all these questions other than football so much. Its just annoying. Like Gronk saying he will play on monday became breaking news... How does florio know the game plan today ?

Florio and Rosenhaus are business partners. Florio is usually spot on with Rosenhaus clients because Florio is Rosenhaus' mouth piece in the media. So anything related to Gronk is usually right. Gronk knows the game plan and that means that Rosenhaus probably does too.

Florio and Rosenhaus are business partners. Florio is usually spot on with Rosenhaus clients because Florio is Rosenhaus' mouth piece in the media. So anything related to Gronk is usually right. Gronk knows the game plan and that means that Rosenhaus probably does too.

Ya but wouldn't put it past BB to be telling Gronk this knowing Rosenhaus is gonna leak it to Florio and play Gronk more than sparingly

Ya but wouldn't put it past BB to be telling Gronk this knowing Rosenhaus is gonna leak it to Florio and play Gronk more than sparingly

It could be a red herring, but why do it on Sunday morning? The Dolphins' game plan is set and preparation is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back