PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official off-season Patriots Fans Confessional Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Official off season Patriots Fans Confessional Thread

My confession the same as alot of other's i.e. we'll get killed in S.B.36, a big mistake letting malloy go. ButI have an annual one.
The front office is screwing up the draft.I read up on all the prospects in area's we need, get the day to my-self,have the draft on t.v., radio, the net.I'm surronded by remote controls.Then the draft starts I wait in anticipation of a big pick,then it starts to fall apart.we start picking people I've never heard of,or are in the back of my draft books. I end up screaming at the tv, what are they doing? Pick so and so. It's like watching a car wreck, where everyone walks away ok. It looks and sounds bad but in the end it usually turn's out allright

Last edited:

Hmmm - no one wants to confess that they felt the team was well stocked with Caldwell and Gaffney?

Or that they felt the lack of a deep game last season was no big deal?

Another one- I couldn't envision the Pats going into SD and beating the Chargers, unless Schotty pulled the worst coaching performance of his career (which did happen).

When they hired BB, after the no hcnyj napkin fiasco, thought we were getting a head case for a coach.

Yup. Me too. Also I thought we were done after Mo Lewis knocked out Bledsoe in 2001. I didn't even know who Tom Brady was. I remember screaming at the radio (I was driving,) "Tom Brady? Where the f**k is Damon Huard?"

First a Belichick confessional (sort of). At the Q and A part of the "Dinner with Belichick" somebody asked if he ever considered cutting Tom Brady his first year. BB said he did and was very close to doing so. He wanted to put on the practice squad but "he was glad he didn't" which brought laughs .He was definitely 4th on the depth chart and said they were the only NFL team that year to carry 4 QB's. My confessional is (like many others)I thought the Rams were going to kill us in SB 36. It didn't stop me and my buddies from making the trip to what would be one of the best weekends of my life. Everyone got in face value or LESS . Anyone on the this board who went can verify how ****y the Rams fans were. Over and over we heard "the only thing that can stop the rams is the Rams" The win was way more special than just beating the Rams but shutting those clowns up made it even more special.

1. When Bill Belichick was announced as our new Head Coach I was very Happy. I always thought he was a big reason for Parcells success.

2. Brady Takes over Bledsoe. I wasn't concern not because I had a crystal ball, but because I had given up on Bledsoe some time back.

3. Super Bowl 36 thinking back to the job the Giants defense did against the Bills in the Super Bowl I felt Belichick could get it done. He did.

Not much of a confession.

4. I did think we would beat the Colts in the AFC Championship Game last time. I thought we were going back. Oh Well

There was this one time that I got REALLY drunk at a friend of a friends' house. The house was something like 4 floors. I woke up with this incredible urge to pee and had no idea where I was. I had to go SO bad that I almost went as I was walking to find a bathroom. Not knowing where I was (what floor) or where a bathroom was, I walked into the nearest room (which happened to be a bedroom that someone was sleeping in) and let loose on someone's hamper and all of their clothes in that hamper.

AHHHH! I feel much better getting that off of my chest!

Oh yeah and as far as the Pats go, I thought the loss of Milloy was going to doom us and the addition of Starks was going to be good. (That last one really hurts)

There was this one time that I got REALLY drunk at a friend of a friends' house. The house was something like 4 floors. I woke up with this incredible urge to pee and had no idea where I was. I had to go SO bad that I almost went as I was walking to find a bathroom. Not knowing where I was (what floor) or where a bathroom was, I walked into the nearest room (which happened to be a bedroom that someone was sleeping in) and let loose on someone's hamper and all of their clothes in that hamper.

Oh yeah and as far as the Pats go, I thought the loss of Milloy was going to doom us and the addition of Starks was going to be good. (That last one really hurts)

Is too bad you were not Starks roommate.

Another one- I couldn't envision the Pats going into SD and beating the Chargers, unless Schotty pulled the worst coaching performance of his career (which did happen).

Ah. I need to add that one to my list, as well. :bricks:

:eek:. I cringed at reading that; it reminded me of far too many misspent evenings in the college bar.

At least it wasn't in your room ,in your bed or out the window onto a cop.:eek:

And all of this time I was wondering who pissed in my hamper; thanks for solving that mystery, I can now sleep better at night............

Nice to see Najeh Davenport is posting on these forums.

SD was a no brainer win. I was surprised it was as hard as it was. They were ripe for the pickens.

1) Marty had not won a play off game in 14 years.
2) LT had not ever won a playoff game.
3) LT was NFL MVP. That is the kiss of death for the playoffs.
4) NE wins and they go to Indy for Peyton's possible coronation. Just what the networks dreamed of.
5) A mediocre Jets team went into SD 2 years earlier and beat them in the playoffs.
6) My coworker did not talk trash all week. He is a big Chargers fan. He even had doubts because of Marty.

Last edited:

SD was a no brainer win. I was surprised it was as hard as it was. They were ripe for the pickens.

But damn our offense looked horrible all day. If Brown didn't make that strip, Brady would have received a lot of the blame for the loss.

1. I believed that Bethel Johnson would be a great deep threat wide receiver if only he were healthy.

2. I thought that Dan Klecko was the future at inside linebacker.

3. I also had a hunch that Cedric Cobbs would be a star.

:bricks:

1. As most of you I didn´t give the Patriots a chance in SB 36. When Adam nailed the final kick I was in total shock.

2. After the Pats won in SD last season I was 100% sure they would win the Superbowl - I thought there was no way the would lose in Indy :( (or against Bears/Saints for that matter).

3. Living over here I was only able to watch the Superbowls prior to 2000 (yeah thats right - one game a year). This made i difficuelt to pick a team to root for and I finally picked the Patriots because of a) the Tom Brady cindarella story in 2001 and b) I prefer to watch hard-hitting defesive teams. In the beginning I wondered if I would stick with the Patriots once TB is gone, but following the team I soon found out they have so many other qualities that there is no way I could ever root for another team.

4. I was sure the team would 3-peet in 2005. I thought Beisel and Chad Brown would be ok at ILB mostly because of BBs coaching skills. BB is the best coach in the league but even he can´t create miracles I guess.

Here's my guilty confession...

This past November, I won a trip to Australia (long story, don't ask) and the flight home would be on AFCCG Sunday... I knew I would be pissed to miss the Patriots in the AFCCG, but I said to myself "Be reasonable... you can't reschedule that flight and pass up free airfare on the chance that they might be in the AFCCG..."

The rest is history... of course, in hindsight, it's probably best that I missed that game...

I had this really bad feeling in my stomach after the Colts beat Baltimore in the playoffs. I knew if we somehow pulled off a miracle in SD then going into Baltimore would be easy. I never expected Indy to beat the Ravens.

I got weird playoff hunches this time too...

I expected the Colts' run defense to absolutely shut down LJ - no joke. I knew it was going to happen.

I also thought thr Colts would rape Baltimore in every facet of the game. I was surprised it was that close.

I thought we'd sweep the Chargers like we swept Pittsbugh a couple years back. But they put up a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back