PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official "Matt Light" is TERRIBLE thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, high school football is a little different than pro football. QB calls out protection and specifically signal who to block.

Yes, false start happens, but this season I just see it more from Light. Much of our problems have come from penalties and he's become infamous for drive-killing.

Exactly I'm betting that even more to think about and all it take is a shiver and the refs will call it

24 hours later and much, much more sober, my opinion of Matt Light is unchanged. Not only will this guy continue to cost the Pats games, he's going to get Brady killed someday. His pathetic effort vs. Taylor was simply laughable.

The Bills bailed out the Pats big time yesterday by beating the Jets. If they can beat Houston, maybe they'll be able to hold on to the division afterall, but the truth of the matter is this: NE has a lousy left tackle, they are injured, and can't hold onto the ball. That's a troika that will mean a quick exit from the playoffs barring something miraculous.

I have to say, when I heard the "Light sucks" rumblings a few weeks ago, I wasn't convinced. After paying specific amounts of attention to him yesterday though, I am 100% in favor of ditching him. Awful, just God freakin' awful. He was Tina to the Dolphins' Ike Turner; the abuse was unrelenting. I agree that his play MUST improve now, or he should be gone.

Last edited:
I have to say, when I heard the "Light sucks" rumblings a few weeks ago, I wasn't convinced. After paying specific amounts of attention to him yesterday though, I am 100% in favor of ditching him. Awful, just God freakin' awful. He was Tina to the Dolphins' Ike Turner; the abuse was unrelenting. I agree that his play MUST improve now, or he should be gone.

He's far too laid back for an offensive tackle, PARTICULARLY on the left side. Nice guy, I'm sure, but lacks the aggressiveness and persistence needed. Nobody fears him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBruinz
Maybe because Brady is responsible for calling out the protections. If he called them wrong and the O-line is not lined up properly, then its his fault.

Yeah, OK...he can call out protections, but if they can't protect, what the hell good is it?

Brady doesn't call out the protections; he only identifies the hot blitzers or hot reads.
Koppen then calls out the protection for the OL. At least that was story according to a ?globe? article-puff piece on Koppen a couple of months back.

Yes...we do have Gabriel...who runs a 7-minute 40, has a terrible attitude, and can't read...brilliant solution.

Do you have anything to substantiate this post? Or is this more baseless garbage?

You are just a stupid Troll.

And your comments on Light give no credit to Jason Taylor. Someone whom Belichick said is the DEFENSIVE MVP of the LEAGUE in his opinion. And Belichick didn't just say it to inflate Taylor's ego. Taylor is playing amazingly.

Light is not nor has he ever been a TOP TIER LT. He's been a 2nd tier LT who has always had problems with Jason Taylor. A LOT of LTs have problems with Jason Taylor.

You and all the other chicken little's in this thread are clueless and obviously don't rmeember Grant Williams or Kenyatta Jones or some of the winner's that were opposite Bruce Armstrong.

Instead of blaming Matt Light, why not blame Belichick and Scarneccia for not putting Graham opposite Taylor full time. That way Taylor gets double teamed and they are able to keep Brady free of some pressure. Its not like they haven't done that previously.

Thank you. Finally the voice of reason. It's funny that the people excoriating Light don't seem to be giving Taylor any credit. It's not like Light has struggled against him in the past or anything...

Bring back Max Lane!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back