PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Matt Cassel Apology Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Official Matt Cassel Apology Thread

This is something I've never understood. Most will agree that BB and co. are the best at what they do, and are very good talent evaluators (and most teams can properly evaluate players they get to see in their system over time). However the same people would accuse Matt Cassel of being completely incompetent, with 0 ability to move the offense at all. Not seeing that is indirectly calling BB and co. stupid by putting such an incompetent worthless QB as the patriots backup.

This was the first time we saw Cassel with the first stringers in an actual game that was meaningful. He did pretty well, like I'm sure the coaches EXPECTED since he is the BACKUP QB.

He's not Brady, no one is, but he's as good as any other BACKUP QB in the league.

Cassel played as Belichick and a few of us and virtually no other fans thought he could. He runs the Patriots Offense, not an "ad-hoc running around and creating-something-thing", that a raw QB would do.

It DOES make a difference when you play with your first stringers against their first string.

progress.gif

Re: to all the Cassel haters

www.townienews.com

You don't listen to fizzy, what is wrong with you?

I was hit too many times in the head with rocks when I was a kid. ;)

Seriously tho thanks for the link. I just watched the "Let's Go Pats 2008" video. Great funny stuff. Bookmarked.

I was glad to see this thread here & glad so many posted on it. I was going to have to start one of my own.

Dear Matt - I am sorry I said you stink over and over again this preseason. You played really great today, coming in cold, not making any bad mistakes and making several really great plays. Luckily when I and a lot of other fans doubted you very loudly you did not listen and kept your confidence up. That throw to Randy Moss when you were backed up against the goal line on 3rd down was a thing of beauty, and was the turning point of the game. Until then the stadium was pretty silent. Thanks and keep up the good work!

(and please don't stink against the Jets!)

Cassel gave us what we wanted. To win. To connect with Moss and Welker.
And he got his first career win in the NFL. That's more than can be said for KC's starter.

I hope Tom comes back, but I wouldn't be shocked if, in the event that doesn't happen as quickly as we'd like, his game got better after a few full-speed, meaningful game situations. Trial by fire is where you make or break an NFL player.

Cheers, Matt. I didn't give you the credit you deserved. Thanks for getting it done today.

Even with the game far from over, the guy has far exceeded my expectations of what he could do. Sorry Matt for doubting you.

On a side note congrats to the offense and Josh McDaniels for helping to put the guy in a position to succeed.

Let's not crown him king just yet.....this was a decent performance against a pretty WEAK defense.......OUR defense played well to also seal the victory.....

I am in NO way convinced that this guy is the answer should god forbid Tom's injury be serious (which from all reports it is).....I like the idea IN THAT CASE......of bringing in Culpepper for a look (for one)....He has experience with Moss and could possibly get it done....LETS ALL GET SERIOUS....IF Tom Brady is OUT for the year like so many are talking about.......We are in some serious sh## and may not get out of it no matter who steps in in relief........Not saying the sky is falling....But as I and others have said....With Brady in there.....Playoff team.....Without....slightly above average team.......

Whatever, we suck now. It's all about hurting other teams chances. This year will be about the Colts and Steelers and Cowboys.

Let's not crown him king just yet.....this was a decent performance against a pretty WEAK defense.......OUR defense played well to also seal the victory.....

I am in NO way convinced that this guy is the answer should god forbid Tom's injury be serious (which from all reports it is).....I like the idea IN THAT CASE......of bringing in Culpepper for a look (for one)....He has experience with Moss and could possibly get it done....LETS ALL GET SERIOUS....IF Tom Brady is OUT for the year like so many are talking about.......We are in some serious sh## and may not get out of it no matter who steps in in relief........Not saying the sky is falling....But as I and others have said....With Brady in there.....Playoff team.....Without....slightly above average team.......

Culpepper has experience with ONE receiver on our team, and that was YEARS ago and not in the patriots system. SERIOUSLY, cullpepper is not good for the pats (nor 31 other teams BTW) and BB agrees by NOT calling him.

Let's track what every QB does against the Chiefs this year, and watch Cassel grow if Brady is out significant time. Then we can come back and watch you eat more crow.

With Brady in there... amazing team, best in the NFL no doubt.
Without Brady in there... very good team, WELL above average.

Whatever, we suck now. It's all about hurting other teams chances. This year will be about the Colts and Steelers and Cowboys.

I never knew the game of football was played by ONE man and ONE man alone. 31 teams have no Tom Brady. The patriots TEAM is still very talented, moreso than the 2001 patriots team.

Let me just say this: Eli Manning won the superbowl last year against the Patriots. If that is not my mind playing tricks on me, then I vote for Cassel and O'Connell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes