PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Matt Cassel Apology Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Official Matt Cassel Apology Thread

I love Matt Cassel. And I'd like all of you to love him too. And so tonight, when you hit your knees, please ask God to love him.:cool:

they dont trust him to throw the ball

Awful post. They trusted him to throw on 3rd down from the goal line. If that's not good enough for you, you've got issues.

This is something I've never understood. Most will agree that BB and co. are the best at what they do, and are very good talent evaluators (and most teams can properly evaluate players they get to see in their system over time). However the same people would accuse Matt Cassel of being completely incompetent, with 0 ability to move the offense at all. Not seeing that is indirectly calling BB and co. stupid by putting such an incompetent worthless QB as the patriots backup.

This was the first time we saw Cassel with the first stringers in an actual game that was meaningful. He did pretty well, like I'm sure the coaches EXPECTED since he is the BACKUP QB.

He's not Brady, no one is, but he's as good as any other BACKUP QB in the league.

you're exactly right, but it was (and still is) fair to speculate about cassel's ability to lead, or his lack thereof, based on the fact that until today he'd shown exactly nothing on that score--college, nfl, preseason or otherwise. (we can all agree that we fans don't have 1/100 the access or knowledge that BB and the coaching staff has)

You can only beat who is out there in front of you. Cassel and the Patriots beat them. No turnovers and some good throws made. Looked far more composed today.

Reasonably pleased with this outcome, however lets's hope the number one player in the NFL isn't injured too seriously and is back sooner rather than later.

The throw to Welker on his hip to pick up the first late in the final quarter drive was money.

Cassel only surpassed expectations because everyone expected the worst. He wasn't bad enough to lose the game, but I wouldn't say he played a good game, either. He was good enough to beat the Chiefs. Regardless, a win is a win, so I can't complain. I still think we'll beat the Jets as long as our secondary plays a little better.

Assuming that Brady will be out for a while, I fully expect Matt Cassel to have his ups and downs this season, as all young QBs do.

I look forward to reading the screaming and clawing on this board when this occurs. After all, you deserve better than some late-round preseason backup at QB.

Cassel only surpassed expectations because everyone expected the worst. He wasn't bad enough to lose the game, but I wouldn't say he played a good game, either. He was good enough to beat the Chiefs. Regardless, a win is a win, so I can't complain. I still think we'll beat the Jets as long as our secondary plays a little better.

When did 13-18 (72%), 8.4 ypa with a TD, and no picks for a backup pressed into service who wins the game for you become anything other than a good game?

Type his name in on eBAY, there's a bidding war going on for a autographed card. The seller even had Cassel's game stats as a sub-header. Makes me laugh. I got a auto'd Cassel card this summer off eBAY for $4.

When did 13-18 (72%), 8.4 ypa with a TD, and no picks for a backup pressed into service who wins the game for you become anything other than a good game?

In the fantasy land (that sadly many posters here live in) that has all other 31 teams have a Brady/Manning as a backup qb on their roster.

Matt, I was one of those haters, and I appologize. Now go out there next week and beat those RATS.

Lets see Matt up against a team that's a Super Bowl contender,not a KC team going nowhere but top 5 draft pick in 09

If Tom is gone and there is no real decent vet brought in then just enjoy the season and the pats games without those SB aspirations that you had last year,just hope the team can sink into the #6 seed

Matt Cassel will take this team nowhere far and if you want to put this little tidbit in your signature please do so....

Lets see Matt up against a team that's a Super Bowl contender,not a KC team going nowhere but top 5 draft pick in 09

If Tom is gone and there is no real decent vet brought in then just enjoy the season and the pats games without those SB aspirations that you had last year,just hope the team can sink into the #6 seed

Matt Cassel will take this team nowhere far and if you want to put this little tidbit in your signature please do so....

It's a real shame you don't have a coaching or scout position somewhere in the NFL. I mean the amount of absolute bull**** you can come up with by simply watching meaningless preseason games is absolutely amazing. But keep calling BB etc. stupid, and claim that you know more than them.

He's....

the....

BACKUP....

There's not a quarterback available anywhere who's the equal of Tom Brady. Deal with it.

You know I was on the Cassel hating bandwagon much like most of the forum was during the preseason. After today however I have more faith in Matt. Yes he's no Tom Brady and he will never be. But however he did show some good playing today. It wasn't the greatest win ever but a win is a win regardless of how its won.

So to Matt Cassel... I do apologize. Now let's beat those Rats next week and make Lord Farvequad cry on the sideline.

to all the Cassel haters

and you know who you are

GFY

rant over

Dear Matt,

Short of dragging this team to Tampa, you're going to get a lot of crap no matter what you do.

Great throw to Moss to get us out of the endzone.

Thanks for managing the game and not making mistakes.

- BJ

I always rooted for Cassel to do well but never had faith in him, nothing has changed. That being said, he played well today, better than i ever thought he could, if he plays within himself and keeps mistakes to a minimum then thats all we can ask. The whole team stepped up today and that kind of effort is needed every week for any chance of winning games.

Get well soon Tom.

Dear Matt,

Short of dragging this team to Tampa, you're going to get a lot of crap no matter what you do.

Great throw to Moss to get us out of the endzone.

Thanks for managing the game and not making mistakes.

- BJ

What he said.

Re: to all the Cassel haters

and you know who you are

GFY

rant over
Well said, I had my doubts watching him in the preseason and last year as a mop-up, he did seem to be a pick machine, but he stepped up and did his job quite well today. Hopefully Tommy is bent not broken, but in the meantime, go Matty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes