PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Mangini Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Yeah, I know technically this should be in the NFL forum - but when it comes to MangIdiot, Patriots fans seem to take a special interest in his welfare and job security for some reason.

Here's one from the NY Daily News noting that Woody Johnson's *giggle* noting "ominous" no-comment on MangIdiots job security. I'm sure there will be more to come.

Jets owner Woody Johnson mum on Eric Mangini's future

Bill Cower is mentioned as potentially having interest in the Jets job - though I don't take much from the NY Daily News seriously. Let's hope they can at least hold things together to beat the Fins.

Last edited:
How about a three day moratorium on Mangini hating?

J-E-T-S! Go Jets!

Last edited:
I agree we should show Mangini some love this week. When he told the league about the Pats illegal filming I think he was just trying to put BB in his place and let him know not to mess with him. That whole thing blew up much more than Mangini thought it would. He now feels contrite for smearing the Pats so badly and is going to go full out this week to make sure his team wins in order to beat Pennington, keep the hated Dolphins out of playoffs, possibly get the Jets in the playoffs and securing his job, and to try to make up for besmerching BB (even though they seem to have had a falling out in recent years, Mangini has gratitude in his heart for the man who mentored him).

Jets 21-17!!

Assuming the Pats win, we obviously want the Jets to win so the Pats win the division. If that means we would have to wait one more year until Mangini gets fired, than I'm down with that. However, I have been waiting for the day he gets karma shot right back in his face by getting fired for screwing over his former boss.

Typical Jets myopia. A Coach whether we like him or not, that has upgraded the roster, and had winning seasons two out of three seasons might get fired.

They DESERVE to get a **** Kotite as a Coach.

Meanwhile Jets fan pages are full of, "Lets rebuild the Defense for three years, to go BACK to the 4-3! ". If they fire the Coach they are committing to a another 4-12 year, with no QB and complete disorganization in 2010... Go JETS!:p:p

I know a lot of people want to see Mangini get fired. If it did happen I certainly would not feel bad for him. But, I d not really see it happening. Has he done a bad job with the Jets? I don't think so. As much as I do not like him I think he has made the Jets a better team. I would be surprised to see him get fired.

Mangini should want to be fired and go work for a more appreciative organization and fan base. Jets fan deserve Kotite. Mangini has done a fine job this year. Personally, I think they would have been a better team with Pennington still there. However, none of this matters.

For this week,

GO J - E - T - S

SQUISH THE FISH!!!!

Next month we can learn to hate Mangini in his new job.

BTW, Mangini has every incentive to win. It will help his resume, especially if Baltimore loses.

Last edited:
How about a three day moratorium on Mangini hating?

J-E-T-S! Go Jets!

Huh? Do you want to see Mangini be told the job is his even if he loses?

Reports like this are GOOD news for us. It reaffirms to Mangini that his job is on the line. Win and keep a job - lose and he's gone.

Remember we WANT the Jets to win this week. Why wouldn't you want to see him reminded of his personal consequences if he loses?

Last edited:
It might also be interesting to note that Jerry Jones went out of his way to let the media know that his coaching staff is secure, win or lose.

ProFootballTalk.com - JONES REITERATES THAT WADE WON’T GO

No such luck for Mangini with Woody Johnson

I guess there's a flip side of the coin in Johnson's silence on Mangini. I guess if the players want to get rid of Mangini they could lie down and lose. The irony here would be that they'd be getting rid of a coach and possibly GM who many players were able to manipulate into getting contract extensions or trades.

But if they want to win in the long term, they might think losing a game will ensure a new coach and, they hope, a new winning tradition.

The further irony is that they'd be passing up a chance to win and make the playoffs if they chose to go that route.

Let's hope the Baltimore game is close for four quarters, otherwise the Jets players choice might be made clear for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back