PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Let's Talk Trades To Amuse Ourselves Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the trade deadline is next Tuesday 10/30 so if the Pats plan to nab someone for the secondary it's going to happen soon. I'd like to see who people think could be available and for what (realistic?) price.

Looking at a couple bad teams that may want get a draft pick to build for the future:

Panthers - they're finished for this year and they know it. I bet veteran Chris Gamble could be had for a mid range pick. He's not a star but he's big and skilled and has been around the block so to say. I think he could help, right away.

Lions- They're cooked too. How about making a play for Louis Delmas? The Lions may feel he's been a bit of a disappointment after taking him in the 2nd round 3 years ago. But he has talent and may just need a real coaching staff to guide him the right direction. To note - I've heard a number of Lions mention Delmas as the steadying core of their secondary.

Other names to consider maybe? How about savvy vet Quitin Mikell? The Pats and Rams could pull the swap in a Soho pub while draining a pint or two! Joe Haden? Pipe dream right?

So besides Mikell, we have options for each teams' #1 player in their secondary..

Gotcha.

Joe Haden, Chris Gamble (who is out for the year), and Louis Delmas.

Why don't we grab them all? That's probably the best way to go.

So besides Mikell, we have options for each teams' #1 player in their secondary..

Gotcha.

Joe Haden, Chris Gamble (who is out for the year), and Louis Delmas.

Why don't we grab them all? That's probably the best way to go.

Honestly, friend, is this what you have to offer the forum? A nasty mocking put down? It's a shame that's what we've come to. You could have taken pains to notice how I made the thread to "Amuse Ourselves" and that I called trading for Haden a "pipe dream." A pipe dream BTW is another phrase for drug induced fantasy. Instead you seized upon the opportunity to put me in my place. All I was doing was trying to have a little fun. Geesh....

Umm, It's not like you think BB checks out these threads and is sizing us up for a potential position with the club - is it?

I didn't know Gamble was IR'ed, my apologies. As for Delmas - at least I picked someone who is on the field, eh? :D

Last edited:
Honestly, friend, is this what you have to offer the forum? A nasty mocking put down? It's a shame that's what we've come to. You could have taken pains to notice how I made the thread to "Amuse Ourselves" and that I called trading for Haden a "pipe dream." A pipe dream BTW is another phrase for drug induced fantasy. Instead you seized upon the opportunity to put me in my place. All I was doing was trying to have a little fun. Geesh....

Umm, It's not like you think BB checks out these threads and is sizing us up for a potential position with the club - is it?

I didn't know Gamble was IR'ed, my apologies. As for Delmas - at least I picked someone who is on the field, eh? :D

No, I'm being totally serious. We should replace them all.

No, I'm being totally serious. We should replace them all.

I'd like to pick up Patrick Peterson on the cheap from Arizona. And maybe Charles Tillman from Chicago. :D

Trade Brandon Lloyd for Randy Moss.

Just kidding.

from what i understand....talib and delmas are players those teams dont actually want to part with

also, NO ONE wants someone from our secondary...we'd have to give up picks, offense, or front 7 to get someone

from what i understand....talib and delmas are players those teams dont actually want to part with

also, NO ONE wants someone from our secondary...we'd have to give up picks, offense, or front 7 to get someone

I don't know about Delmas, but the Bucs were reportedly shopping Talib in April prior to the draft, and have reportedly shown interest in trading him again:

Report: Bucs shopping Aqib Talib for trade | ProFootballTalk
ProFootballWeekly.com - On thin ice, Bucs grant Talib a reprieve

BB has enough of a relationship with Greg Schiano to at least open a dialog in that direction. It looks fairly likely that the Bucs will at least part way with Talib after this year if not sooner, so the asking price may be low. Talib is very talented, so it might be worth a shot. If it doesn't work out, the Pats could still explore other options in FA.

Usually only "change of scenery" type trades happen this time of year. Plus, the Pats don't exactly have a whole lot of people excited to do business with us. Chiefs, Falcons and Bucs are really the only teams.

Talib, while troubled, has appeared - to me anyway - as a player with some impact. But I doubt Schiano would want to send any sign he may be looking to next season. I might give 4th for Talib but seeing the Pats are low on picks already for next year they'd have to be talked into a 2014 pick, probably unlikely.

Any chance the league would catch on if we offered Scott Pioli and maybe Romeo their old positions back here..

.. in exchange for acquiescing to a little harmless trade rap- err ravaging?

Something along the lines of Tamba Hali for Trevor Scott, Justin Houston for Niko Koutouvides and Dwayne Bowe for Deion Branch.

:D

Talib, while troubled, has appeared - to me anyway - as a player with some impact. But I doubt Schiano would want to send any sign he may be looking to next season. I might give 4th for Talib but seeing the Pats are low on picks already for next year they'd have to be talked into a 2014 pick, probably unlikely.

It all depends on what Schiano and the Bucs want to do. Their job is doing what they think is best for their team, after all. But if they've given up on Talib and are going to move on after this year and want to get something for him while they can, trading him outside of the division makes sense. BB and Schiano have a relationship, so there would probably be talk. It's a long shot, but not out of the question. Talib has had issues, but he seems more like an immature kid who needs structure than a truly bad apple, and he might do better in a more mature system like New England. It's just a guess. I think it would be worth a shot, if the Bucs would be willing to listen.

Any chance the league would catch on if we offered Scott Pioli and maybe Romeo their old positions back here..

.. in exchange for acquiescing to a little harmless trade rap- err ravaging?

Something along the lines of Tamba Hali for Trevor Scott, Justin Houston for Niko Koutouvides and Dwayne Bowe for Deion Branch.

:D
Why stop there? How 'bout Pat Chung for Eric Berry, Arrington for Brandon Flowers and maybe throw in Hoomanawanui just to sweeten the pot.

O.K. Got me there,but Deion was practically already set since he knew the Pats offense so well, lets say its VERY RARE when its just once out of 12 seasons and that one was with a former Pat who only needed to slide back in the offense he was born to be in.

But I wouldn't bet on anything next week.

It was also rare for BB to actually keep all of his first rounds picks and be aggresive and he broke that mold last year as well.

I'd like to pick up Patrick Peterson on the cheap from Arizona. And maybe Charles Tillman from Chicago. :D

You stole my thunder. This freagin guy single handedly shut out Calvin Johnson Monday night. I'd give the whole secondary for him alone. ;)

Not even worth discussing IMO since there is NO Chance Belichick makes moves at this point in the season.....never has and never will.

The only move I could see for the rest of the season would be a JAG out of work if injuries mount.

Dreams are free so go at it if you must,but don't get excited over thoughts of grandeur.

Nice call.

Generalizations are free so go at it if you must,but don't get excited over thoughts of grandeur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes