PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Let's Talk Trades To Amuse Ourselves Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Yes, the trade deadline is next Tuesday 10/30 so if the Pats plan to nab someone for the secondary it's going to happen soon. I'd like to see who people think could be available and for what (realistic?) price.

Looking at a couple bad teams that may want get a draft pick to build for the future:

Panthers - they're finished for this year and they know it. I bet veteran Chris Gamble could be had for a mid range pick. He's not a star but he's big and skilled and has been around the block so to say. I think he could help, right away.

Lions- They're cooked too. How about making a play for Louis Delmas? The Lions may feel he's been a bit of a disappointment after taking him in the 2nd round 3 years ago. But he has talent and may just need a real coaching staff to guide him the right direction. To note - I've heard a number of Lions mention Delmas as the steadying core of their secondary.

Other names to consider maybe? How about savvy vet Quitin Mikell? The Pats and Rams could pull the swap in a Soho pub while draining a pint or two! Joe Haden? Pipe dream right?

Last edited:
Trade Devin McCourty to Ten for Jason McCourty

Yes, the trade deadline is next Tuesday 10/30 so if the Pats plan to nab someone for the secondary it's going to happen soon. I'd like to see who people think could be available and for what (realistic?) price.

Looking at a couple bad teams that may want get a draft pick to build for the future:

Panthers - they're finished for this year and they know it. I bet veteran Chris Gamble could be had for a mid range pick. He's not a star but he's big and skilled and has been around the block so to say. I think he could help, right away.

Lions- They're cooked too. How about making a play for Louis Delmas? The Lions may feel he's been a bit of a disappointment after taking him in the 2nd round 3 years ago. But he has talent and may just need a real coaching staff to guide him the right direction. To note - I've heard a number of Lions mention Delmas as the steadying core of their secondary.

Other names to consider maybe? How about savvy vet Quitin Mikell? The Pats and Rams could pull the swap in a Soho pub while draining a pint or two! Joe Haden? Pipe dream right?

I believe Chris Gamble was placed on IR with a shoulder injury.

I've suggested Pat Chung for Aqib Talib.

Trade Devin McCourty to Ten for Jason McCourty

Hopefully this is a joke.

If not, I suggest you familiarize yourself with the contract Jason just signed.

Jason has at least appeared to improve where Devin has been regressing imo.

I think after their rookie years, devin played defensive rookie of the year worthy its been all down hill.

With regards to a 5 year extension for 43 million If Jason continues to improve seems like a smart deal, when you consider Revis who is on his third year in a row with injury issues on the cusp of another contract holdout.

With regards to a 5 year extension for 43 million If Jason continues to improve seems like a smart deal, when you consider Revis who is on his third year in a row with injury issues on the cusp of another contract holdout.

Revis is the best corner in the NFL and it isn't even close.

McCourty is a decent defender. I wouldn't want to pay him $8m+/year or be on the hook for a $20m guarantee.

That's a terrible deal to trade for.

Not even worth discussing IMO since there is NO Chance Belichick makes moves at this point in the season.....never has and never will.

The only move I could see for the rest of the season would be a JAG out of work if injuries mount.

Dreams are free so go at it if you must,but don't get excited over thoughts of grandeur.

Revis is the best corner in the NFL and it isn't even close.

McCourty is a decent defender. I wouldn't want to pay him $8m+/year or be on the hook for a $20m guarantee.

That's a terrible deal to trade for.

I'd have to check the stats but the jets have been better without him this year.
as for the Best CB in the league, I would say the CB that gets away with the most holding and interfering.

I'd have to check the stats but the jets have been better without him this year.
as for the Best CB in the league, I would say the CB that gets away with the most holding and interfering.

If it goes uncalled it didn't happen.

As far as the game goes that it.

He has earned the star treatment and maybe he doesn't get flagged for DPI like a ****** over and over because he is actually playing the ball.

Not even worth discussing IMO since there is NO Chance Belichick makes moves at this point in the season.....never has and never will.

There you go again. Facts be damned. Didn't we trade for Deion Branch two years ago? Helped the team tremendously down the stretch.

There you go again. Facts be damned. Didn't we trade for Deion Branch two years ago? Helped the team tremendously down the stretch.

we also traded away randy moss.

If there is a deal out there, and a player Bill wants he WILL make a move. Just because he doesnt(and most other teams dont as well) doesn't mean it wont happen.

O.K. Got me there,but Deion was practically already set since he knew the Pats offense so well, lets say its VERY RARE when its just once out of 12 seasons and that one was with a former Pat who only needed to slide back in the offense he was born to be in.

But I wouldn't bet on anything next week.

Last edited:
we also traded away randy moss.

If there is a deal out there, and a player Bill wants he WILL make a move. Just because he doesnt(and most other teams dont as well) doesn't mean it wont happen.

I would think the Jets or Bills will be more apt to doing something since Revis is gone and Mario Williams is having surgery on his wrist.

Trade Chung for a different safety? I'm not sure if it would be best to keep him and draft a new SS next draft, or to just trade him now.

While true, the Pats will save a small fortune on keeping the same uniform for Jason if he agrees to his brother's old number.

Whatever.

:bricks:

Based on my extensive experience running Madden 2013 franchises,

Trade Chung for a different safety? I'm not sure if it would be best to keep him and draft a new SS next draft, or to just trade him now.

Maybe the Ravens will trade us Chung for James Ihedigbo?

Trade Brady for Matt Cassel?

Sorry this is 2008 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill