PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official: Junior Seau please come back here next year thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
His loss will hurt, run defense will be suspect... I think maybee he comes back one more yr, but I doubt it..

If the Patriots win a Super Bowl this year, I'd expect him to retire. Going out on top, even if he didn't make it the whole way, would put the final touch on a hall of fame career.

I was extremely disappointed about Seau. At the beginning of the year I was upset about his signing and thought his celebrating was ridiculous. At this point, I think he quickly became a leader on the Pats defense and was a great contributor.

Re: The Official:Junior Seau please come back here next year thread

I have a feeling he will be back, I hope it's in a Patritos uniform.

Mmm, I hope that you're right ... and that's a great typo! Go Patritos!

Reading this thread, I felt that I had to go to the feedback part of the Patriots' site and send my best wishes to Junior Seau. Here's what I wrote:

Dear Mr Seau,
I have watched your play this season with the greatest admiration and appreciated both the quality you have shown on the field and the attitude you have shown off it, as has been apparent in your appearances with your teammates on Patriots All-Access, for example.
I know about injuries and I have no doubt how painful yours was. But what must be worse is to have a promising season cut off at just that point when your contribution could most make a difference to the team.
Your loyalty to your team-mates and to your team, even though you have only been here for a relatively short time, has been widely appreciated.
On my own behalf, and behalf of my fellow Patriots fans on the Patsfans.com message board, thank you very much indeed. I hope that you have a winning team to cheer for from the sidelines for the rest of the season and that you will come back to play for our team next year.

I hope that a lot of other people will write in and express their appreciation. Perhaps he'll even come and take a look here ...

Would like to see a LB drafted in the higher rounds to be an understudy to Seau next season. We'll still need to see a FA or two, plus Gardner will be back. We need youth at this position.

Couldn't have said it better. Until next year, thanks Junior-a true inspiration. C'mon TBC, Alexander and Woods. A star is born. (Mays?)

Reading this thread, I felt that I had to go to the feedback part of the Patriots' site and send my best wishes to Junior Seau. Here's what I wrote:

Dear Mr Seau,
I have watched your play this season with the greatest admiration and appreciated both the quality you have shown on the field and the attitude you have shown off it, as has been apparent in your appearances with your teammates on Patriots All-Access, for example.
I know about injuries and I have no doubt how painful yours was. But what must be worse is to have a promising season cut off at just that point when your contribution could most make a difference to the team.
Your loyalty to your team-mates and to your team, even though you have only been here for a relatively short time, has been widely appreciated.
On my own behalf, and behalf of my fellow Patriots fans on the Patsfans.com message board, thank you very much indeed. I hope that you have a winning team to cheer for from the sidelines for the rest of the season and that you will come back to play for our team next year.

I hope that a lot of other people will write in and express their appreciation. Perhaps he'll even come and take a look here ...

Very well said Mike and I'd echo that 100%!!! Jr=another full tilt, full time guy!!

Sorry to hear the news about Junior. I was wrong about him and glad that I said so a few weeks ago.

He has shown me that he still has something left in the tank. He did a great job with the Patriots and it was more than I had expected.

So, let's swallow our pride and beg him to come back next year. He will still have something to bring and next year he can be in uniform and on the field when he gets his SB Championship ring. This year he has earned and desrves a ring for his contribution but sadly he won't be playing in the big one.

JUNIOR SEAU, please don't "graduate" now. Come back and be a part of the Patriots next year. You still can play the game at a high level, you proved that!

:agree: He brought more than most expected and seemed to be just getting geared up too! Had this not happened I believe he would have come up BIG at some point down the stretch. Don't retire yet!

I am all for Seau coming back assuming he gets that arm fixed. He's been great especially against the run. The motivation he brings to this defense is awesome and its not like the D was lacking any passion in the first place. I hope he gets better and decides to stick around one more year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots