PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official: Jumping off the bandwagon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The official: Jumping off the bandwagon thread.

*looks around*

I think I kinda like it here.

Staying pat and if I liked beer I would crack open a cold one.

Ahhh nice and roamy here on the bandwagon again thank god.

Bottom line is if they dismantle SD in a big way there wont be much talk about "unfair advantage" going forward. If the Pats look bad.. :eek:

If the Pats look bad.. :eek:

The last thing I want to see is San Diego killing us on national TV in an empty stadium after this week. 11/7/05 was bad enough.

I love the Pats more today than yesterday.

But not as much as tomorrow.

I love the Pats more today than yesterday.

But not as much as tomorrow.

If you work on that a little, PJ, you may be able to come up with a song.:rocker:

Not me. Am I disappointed, sure, a little, but they made their bed now let's kick some charger butt!

If I am bellicheck here is my motivation: They think we cheat, ok, let's win the next 19 games under immense scrutiny and show them we are still the best. :D

Richard Nixon was a shrewd politician who had things under control.
He wanted to know what the other guys were thinking so he authorized
Watergate.

Bobby Bonds was an excellent baseball player. He wanted to bulk up
and be a prolific home run hitter so he started taking steroids.

Bill Belichick was the best defensive co-ordinator in the business. He
wanted to be a HOF head coach with Superbowl rings so he started
looking for gimmicks to give him an advantage.

No matter how much we love the Patriots, Bill did something that
was wrong.

Question::

Is it "jumping off the bandwagon" to question why the Pats simply couldn't have put Mark Estrella in the stands, dressed as a civilian, with a small high-tech video camera?

Not to sound disloyal, or anything, but I'd be questioning my beloved country if it outfitted our brave troops in the mountains of Afghanistan with flashing neon U.S Flag Yarmulkes.

Exactly!

Actually, video cameras might not be allowed in stadiums. I'm trying to remember the language on the back of a ticket, or on the boringest part of a team's website.

OK, Benedict.... then why are you posting here?

The Pats were a team before Belichick. They will be a team after Belichick. We have Brady and we have Pioli and we have the best owner in the NFL. I'll take my chances.

Watergate.

was wrong.

Thank you.

Woohooo - I'm loving this bandwagon ride - a few bumps make it that much more challenging to hold on.

Now we go from role model franchise to hated cheaters - thats a good thing, we always do better as the 'dogs.

When you're at the top, someone is always trying to knock you down. Everyone does it but the Pats take the heat, and so it goes.

**In BB I trust.

***Waiting for week 5 so Rodney can knock someone's head off.

Last edited:

Exactly!

Actually, video cameras might not be allowed in stadiums. I'm trying to remember the language on the back of a ticket, or on the boringest part of a team's website.

Cellphones are allowed. See Youtube.com. I bet 31 other teams use them.

Once again, this situation was as discreet as Bin Laden shopping at Filene's Basement.

Watergate.

was wrong.

Really, your attempt at being "evenhanded" lacks total perspective on what has actually occurred here. The Pats are not being punished for any "violation". Goodell is appeasing the media monster kicked to life by Mangini and his cohorts on the competition committee. That is all. These grand moral judgments are laughable and reflect poorly on your knowledge of the situation. Competitors are jealous of the Pats and grasping at straws to humiliae and bring them down. Read Kraft's statement from yesterday. Who do you believe, the Jets, the Titans, or Kraft. I know who I believe. Everything else is rumor, innuendo, hearsay, and par for the course in big business politics and war, of which the NFL is a microcosm.

Last edited:

F**k the whiners. Go Pats.

Really, your attempt at being "evenhanded" lacks total perspective on what has actually occurred here. The Pats are not being punished for any "violation". Goodell is appeasing the media monster kicked to life by Mangini and his cohorts on the competition committee. That is all. These grand moral judgments are laughable and reflect poorly on your knowledge of the situation. Competitors are jealous of the Pats and grasping at straws to humiliae and bring them down. Read Kraft's statement from yesterday. Who do you believe, the Jets, the Titans, or Kraft. I know who I believe. Everything else is rumor, innuendo, hearsay, and par for the course in big business politics and war, of which the NFL is a microcosm.

Oh, so Belichick didn't ask Estrella to videotape the signals? The Pats weren't warned about this already? Other teams haven't complained to the league office about the Pats doing this? You are exactly like a Nixon apologist.

Oh, so Belichick didn't ask Estrella to videotape the signals? The Pats weren't warned about this already? Other teams haven't complained to the league office about the Pats doing this? You are exactly like a Nixon apologist.

Friend,

And you sound like all the other democrats suffering from "Nixon Derangement Syndrom". The only FACTS we know are that "something" was reported to have happened, the league is looking into it, and Coach talked to the league regarding his side of the story. EVERYTHING else is pure b@llsh*t speculation.

It doesn't matter what ANY of the paid assasins at ESPN, NFLN, or any other media whore says. Unless and until the official word comes down from the NFL offices, then it's just a bunch of hypocritical old bitties talking gossip. These folks crying and gnashing their teeth over whatever may have happened are worse than fair-weather fans. They are chicken-littles, acting like lipjacking beauty-parlor gossip mongers.

In short, they aren't worth a bucket of warm spit.

When the Commish addresses things, then we can discuss it. Until then, let's get back to football.

I've been a fan all my life and will remain firmly in my seat! I see no problem with it at all. I am not ashamed of the rumors and IF they prove to be true, I will not be ashamed of it and it will take NOTHING away from the Pats in my eyes. It has already been pointed out that every team does this, even by former cameramen who have done it for other teams.
If it turns out to be true, we just pay the price and move on to the next game. True or not mangini hurt himself more then he hurt Belichick and it will be more motivation for the Pats players for every week but especially for the weeks we play the jets, packers et al!!

The posers can hop off and give me some more leg room. Been with this team through the Rust/McPherson/Kiam era, I am not getting off now. Let the media hate us, just because our QB doesn't make 40 commercials a year and we do everything to win.

To all wagon jumpers:
SEE YA! I hope you break your ankle when you hit the ground!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back