PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Jets at Patriots Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh...a pretty brutal win against a team i thought we should put away by atleast 14.

I never assumed anything about this game after last weeks collapse to Seattle.

players up, Brady, Ghost, cunningham/ninko formerly known as stinko, O-line, players down arrington, Lloyd, lloyd ( I thought he deserved 2), coaching staff!!

I will say one good about this game, other than the win of course.

In crunch time, on D, our only hope is the front 7.

If they pressure the QB, we have a chance. When its all on the secondary its a complete *****storm.

Everyone who has been dogging Brady, Ghost and the D and calling them chokers apologize here NOW!

Please. I haven't been that hard on the D but we won because they got lucky. Biggest play of the game and Hill was open by 5 yards; he dropped the ball and we went on to win. The secondary is just aweful.

The two played called at midfield when we were 10pts up in late in 3rd was worst play calling ever. Wake up JMCD

Thanks god for Brady and Ghooost

Last edited:
the 30th ranks passing offense made bill look like rookie.

No they didn't. The players on the field made Sanchez look good. Particularly Arrington. I don't know what happened to him, but he went from being pretty good last year to being absolutely horrible this year. He's extremely slow/late out of his breaks in coverage. He was abused all day long. I'd rather see Moore out there than Arrington.

Glad 57 started this thread. I had to go change my pants.:D

A win is a win. Would I have liked it to be a blowout? Yes! But the NFL is not Pop Warner and each week is another trial- even against the Jets.

Pretty amazing to watch Brady work on that last drive of regulation when they had no momentum and although it would not have been an easy catch, Lloyd could have won it with that perfect throw.
Nice job Ghost! you needed those.

Brady on the Pats' last two drives: 9-12, 95 yds, two huge scoring drives

Not bad.

Lloyd is a mess

McDaniels loves losing 5 yards on WR screens

McCourty WTFFFFFFFFFF

We lucked out.

we had this one coming. Things even out. Now's the time to start playing up to capabilities.

Great to see Brady getting the credit he deserves. Aside from some throws in Seattle, he has been playing like an elite QB all year. He led the team down to get into OT and then led a GW drive.

Kudos to the defense stepping up after the McCourty fumble to hold the Jets to a FG. Defense did its job in overtime by making a big play.

Great job Ninko and Cunningham. Great hustle. Heads up play by Ninko just to land on the ball.

Great kicking by Ghost.

The only real negative is the questionable play calling and abundance of drops by the WR.

A win is a win. A win against the Jets is even better.

It is good to win ugly sometimes. I am still hoping for an 11-5 finish and go into the playoffs under the radar and pull a NYG and win the whole thing.

I hope all the jackasses who were jonesing for come from behind wins are happy now...

Thank god we were playing the JETS after all. Belichick has some work to do or maybe he just has to step back and let them play. Ditto his genius OC. Welker must feel like he's in some bizarre form of witness protection. Too many weapons at McDaniels disposal... The offense has been out of sorts with few exceptions so far this season, and those few were when Josh had little choice.

The coaching staff didn't deserve a win today, but the players found a way to in spite of them.

Considering everything we should be frustrated with, I think what they're doing to Welker is what frustrates me more than anything else, even the secondary. They don't target him. They don't call anything for him. They relegate him to the role of cheerleader on the sidelines. This is all until Edelman and Hernandez both get hurt or when it's crunch time and they really need some plays.

I don't know what's going on with the NE braintrust right now, but they are pissing me off. They got lucky today. A better team would have put them away. It's hard not to feel satisfied with a win, but I'm on the lowest end of satisfied right now. This team, should they continue to play this way, will remain a .500 team.

Really glad that the Pats pulled out the W. Of course, it could've ended wrong with that fourth quarter collapse that we've seen happen in the past 3 losses. Although, its good to see some pressure on the Pats O and D making plays.

Brady led a game-winning drive and closed out the game to tie it, which we haven't seen him do in the past few games. Ghost kicked two clutch field goals, definitely redeemed himself. And the front 7 is stout and clutch when it matters most. Of course... our secondary could improve, I mean allowing Sanchez to throw 328 yards is pretty embarassing.

Just remember we don't even have a chance without McCourty's TD.

Yeah, the fumble was a huge play. But the 9 points we got from the D and ST were the only reason we even had a chance to win it.

I don't care. I honestly think when you count them all up he has had twice the negative plays than positive ones this year.

I will say one good about this game, other than the win of course.

In crunch time, on D, our only hope is the front 7.

If they pressure the QB, we have a chance. When its all on the secondary its a complete *****storm.

the jets are the 30th ranked pass offense :eek:

imagine what a top 10 qb would do....

I am not thinking clearly right now, I am going to step away before I type out of emotions from this game.

a win is a win pulled it out divisional opponents are always tough nice to shut rex up for a week or so.

Agreed. Division games are always dog fights.

Once again I see complaints from the doom & gloom crowd who are, by my count, mostly band wagon kids from the B&B era.

I count a win as a win and however we got it is fine by me. :cool:

TO The F*** TROLLS : Do u agree that Brady brought this team from jaws of defeat to a victory ???

Wait no of course, you will not- coz ur Ravens/Jets lost

Last edited:
Can this team ever just win a game going away....with no need for nitro tablets, cpr, copius amounts of alcohol to get a victory these days? The fact is that Belichick has FAILED in his area of expertise....DEFENSE!!! How many years have we had the league's WORST Secondary personnel? How many years have we been unable to muster a F'in PASS RUSH!? Our coach is legendary....I get that.....he is one of the greatest defensive masterminds in the history of the game. But can someone please tell me why we have had such a piss poor secondary and piss poor PASS RUSH year after year for the Pats???? It seems to me like we need something better there. This team will NOT be able to compete with a Houston or SF with this kind of INEPT defense......

Congrats to Brady on bringing them down the field......Great job Gost.....redeeming yourself with a clutch kick.....I am just frustrated that our defense (ESP secondary and Pass rush)continues to be this terrible achilles heel for this team....and BB, one of the greatest defensive masterminds in the game....continues to "create" it.

Flame away guys.....I am just frustrated....tired......had CPR done twice on me to keep me going..........diehard pats fan looking for some damned answers.....flame away....

The Game Is Over

Please post all of your insightful thoughts, viewpoints, breakdowns, dissertations, observations, scrutiny, rants, raves, and knee-jerk reactions right here.

Have at it ... just keep in mind that anything you say can and will be used against you at a later point in time.

Lucky win but the jets have won some lucky games like one @miami this yr so we will take.
About the D, they really need to pressure more and the secondary will improve other wise they cant cover this very very average pass rush. Hopefully BB evalutes our D scheme in the bye and changes it to blitz and pressure more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back