PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Good-on-ya GOSTKOWSKI APPRECIATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Stephen Gostkowski was perfect on all his FGs today, including what was, at the time, a critical 45-yarder - his longest of the season. In addition, his kickoffs were the best of the entire year, often in the EZ and always with a lot of hang-time. Helluva job, possibly his best as a Patriot to date.

Amongst all the Brady, Welker, Stallworth, Faulk accolades - all deserved - it's easy for Stephen to get lost. He shouldn't be. He did a great job today in a pretty big spot.

Last edited:
Before we get all excited about Gostkowski I want to see him in the last seconds of an AFCG or SB and kick the game winner from 48 yards out or so...

Then officially AV will be replaced adequally in my mind at least anyway

Although don't get me wrong, Gost is a very good kicker anb he is looking good enough to be here awhile,But I want to see him in a big clutch do or die situation before I declare him AVs adequate replacement and forget AV was ever here.

Stephen Gostkowski was perfect on all his FGs today, including what was, at the time, a critical 45-yarder - his longest of the season. In addition, his kick-offs were the best of the entire year, often in the EZ and always with a lot of hang-time. Helluva job, possibly his best as a Patriot to date.

Amongst all the Brady, Welker, Stallworth, Faulk accolades - all deserved - it's easy for Stephen to get lost. He shouldn't be. He did a great job today in a pretty big spot.

Nah, in my book that still goes to the playoff game against Lady Tom's team.

I submit that Gostkowski's most crucial kick to date was the 50-yarder he kicked in the first half; I truly believe that missing that kick might well have led to a score like SD 35, NE 14 (if not worse).

All of that said, Gostkowski did more than earn his pay today. :robot:

I think he has proven to be a 'reliable' FG kicker. He has consistently hit not only the gimmee 20-30 yarders; but has a pretty respectable rate on the 35-50 yards too.

But where he has excelled compared to AV has been on kickoffs. Barring the one short one today taht was run back way too far; he put almost all of them into the EZ and at least half too far into the EZ for them to be run back and at least 2 of them they did run back they got tackled before the 20.

Got to love that field position football.

Nah...we should have broke the bank and drafted the "NUGE!!!!!", sacrificing high draft picks....but if we have to settle for the Gost...then...well....oK...I guess...still think the world beating best team in history, the Rats, made the steal of draft history...that and drafting Crud Throwington and paying him 69 million dollars to throw mallards

Last edited:
Chris Hanson didn't suck today either. Nailed a pretty important punt there at one point.

On Dallas' long return, he did give a valiant tackle attempt. Decent angle, true effort. He just got out ran. He dove and swiped, just missing the legs.

He dove and swiped, just missing the legs.

sounds like my ex-wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back