PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official "Father Forgive Me For I Have Sinned" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Consider this the official 'mea culpa' thread. If you doubted the Patriots, or didn't think they would win in Pittsburgh, sign up here. Be the Big Man and 'fess up. It'll be cathartic.

For the record, I predicted we'd win comfortably, and return to #1 in the Power Rankings. So there. POW.

Last edited:
I am just depressed that we won't have a week of "This offense really is missing Moss" threads. Those are so cool.

Personally, I didn't think the sky was falling last week and I am not booking plane flights to Dallas today. Like every other team since there is no great team in the league, the Pats will have some more ups and downs the rest of the way.

Last edited:
...It has been many year's since i have been to confession.

Not only did i think they would lose, I figured it would be ugly. Clevland Part II... and since I am confessing, I figured 9-7. Now, I figure 13-3, 12-4 are real possibilities. That would outstanding. I can't wait until Sunday. CUT THAT MEAT!!

*bows head* forgive me, Saint Stingley, patron saint of non-believers.

I had them winning in the predict-the-score thread but I wasn't super confident. Brady, as is now well documented, has owned the Steelers; but the big question was how the young guys would respond after a bad week, and once again they came through.

As far as #1 in the Power Rankings, you might be disappointed: Peter King has the Pats third, behind only the Jets (he declined to pick a #1). Touts their gutsy wins over the Lions and Browns. Apparently those count for more than trouncing the Steelers.

Im just trying to use reverse logic, and hope that works.. I will say they lose every game the rest of the season, if it means winning down the stretch... I admit i thought they would struggle, but i guess the cleveland game was just ex pats ganging up on the pats...

the plus side of the Browns game is that the coaches and leaders like Brady and Big Vince will use that to keep pushing this team. It's very handy to be able to contrast how bad last week felt and how good last night felt.

there's no 'mea culpa'. the pats played great against the steelers, no question, but the previous week against the brown still happened.

next week is the colts.......

Pure BS Illegal Contact and you know it

With so many rookies and second year players, a fubar game was certainly going to happen. The critical point was the response.

If that's "our team" as per last night, the Jets will be lucky to stay within 3 TD's.

I'd have to go back in read my original post, but I think I probably owe a mea culpa.

I believe what I said was that on paper, it looked like a comfortable win of 4-7 points for the Steelers unless we could do two things: go at least +1 in turnovers and win the red zone battle.

We did both. I think I'd argue that the pick six was the play of the game. It's hard to say that when the score was 23-3 going into the fourth quarter, but the reality is that by that point in the game, they'd figured out our defense and they were shredding us without using hardly any clock time at all. At that point in the game, we still didn't have enough points to win. That play changed momentum.

But, I most certainly did not expect our defensive line to so totally own their OL for 45 minutes. Not sure what happened in those last 15 minutes, but at least for 3 quarters, it was great.

I would never nor will ever lack faith in a Brady and Belichick led Patriots team. They've done everything to get 100% confidence out of me and if they can't make someone feel secure about their NFL team, no one can nor ever will.

(Oh alright, I was pretty nervous going into the first game post-Moss...)

Last edited:
Please forgive me Father for I have sinned. It has been a long time since my last confession. I thought the Pats would get smoked in Pittsburgh coming off that awful performance in Cleveland, but man was I wrong. Have to give the3 Patriots a TON of credit. That was a fantastic all around game in a hostile environment...

Awesome. Well Done!!

I have also sinned and I am truly sorry. This season I have wore my Mayo jersey for almost every game the only times I have not have been wearing it were vs jets the first half of the fins game all of the browns game and then the last 8 mins of last night. Next time I will just sleep in it if I have to on prime time and have work.

I had no doubt the Pats would, as they always do, rebound hard after that Browns loss; one of the reasons why I love being a Pats fan. However, I must confess I was too harsh on Brady last week, Im glad to see he still has that fire.

I figured they would win. It was a disappointment that they didn't make the browns game more competitive. Nice to see them bring the A game again.

I also set low expectations to protect my emotional well-being. That said, I'd like games like this where you can be in the underdog, but still know you have a good chance of winning.

i have been down on Brady this year as he didn't seem to play big when needed.
Father, i have sinned.
I picked against the pats as usual in tough games. Boy was i glad i stayed up last nite. That was a clinic mr Brady.
I will pick the colts over the pats, why??? i have lost all picks when i pick against the pats. :D:D:D:D:D:D

I was sure they would rebound because it was clear to me early that the Browns game was just one of those games where nothing goes right. They happen. But I thought the game last night would be cose, maybe even flirting with OT, like the Ravens game.

I'll take 3 Our Father's for not believing BOB had it in him to call a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back