PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official disapproval of Matt Cassel thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting tired of the (appropriate) overflow of Cassel topics on this board? Let's keep all Matt Cassel criticism in this one thread. That will whipe out 98% of Cassel topics since there hasn't been any threads praising him save for the "Well, he hasn't made mistakes" topics.

In my opinion, this will be the week where Cassel completely implodes and a serious QB controversy begins. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm going with my gut here. If I'm wrong I'll own up and admit to being wrong. If I'm right, well the homers will just continue to support Cassel until we're mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. Fight the power guys.

Cassel can not lead this team to the Super Bowl and this team has Super Bowl expectations. If this year does not end in a Super Bowl championship, it is a failure in my mind. Unless you're willingly able to say "Tom Brady's injury killed our season" which would really be a hit on Belichick. This team does is not in the position to have a development QB, because (obviously) he's not the QB of the future and we're looking for results now.
dont you ever stop complaining :rolleyes:

5mfj48.jpg

thanks for posting this film of Michelle Obama. Was she in college at the time?

Apparently so did the Bill Bilichick and the rest of the New England Patriots coaching staff thus the reason they drafted him in the 3rd round. Drafting a QB in the 3rd round showed their obvious concern regarding the current backup.

Also pats1, just to avoid having to take this matter to the PMs, is there anything I'm doing wrong? If so I'll stop, but I'd appreciate if Kondtradiction didn't have the freedom to refer to me or any other poster as "Gay and ******ed". Such immature bigotry should be prohibited on a board that represents our fanbase

Simply saying "O'Connel gives us a better chance to score" allows you to join the club.

Again, cut with the word ******ed. It's offensive to people who have mentally disabled members in their family.
The problem with your argument is that it is completely baseless. There is absolutely no evidence out there to prove that O'Connell would give our offense a better chance to score than Cassel. Not only that, but there is absolutely no basis for you to assume that Cassel will blow up on Sunday, which is a statement I find highly presumptuous. He has played as well as anyone should expect thus far. If O'Connell were playing instead, I'd expect about what we got from Cassel--if that.

You need to have some patience. It's completely unreasonable not only to expect Cassel to come in and play like the pro bowl QB he has not yet become, but to expect us to win the Superbowl this year. Even with Tom Brady, that is an exceptionally luxurious and arrogant attitude to possess.

The season could be described as a failure if we don't make the playoffs. But even posting a winning record without our starting, hall of fame QB, around who our offense has solely been constructed, should be considered a successful season.

If O'Connell were to start, how would he be any less of a developmental quarterback than Cassel?

By the way, don't tell people what words they should or should not use. Any word that describes a sensitive topic eventually becomes "offensive" to a small group of hyper-sensitive people. "******ed" was the 'politically correct' term for the mentally "disabled" (which, by its definition, ought to be even more offensive as it implies uselessness) as little as thirty years ago--until the language police showed up.

Last edited:
Top 5 QB's of all time

1. Kevin O'Connell
2. Joe Montana
3. Tom Brady
4. Johnny Unitas
5. John Elway

Could we make an "official disapproval of Jets trolls pretending to be Patriots fans thread", too, or would that be offensive to you because it hits you too close to home?

Could we make an "official disapproval of Jets trolls pretending to be Patriots fans thread", too, or would that be offensive to you because it hits you too close to home?

Dead center

The poster strangely believes that an NFL team should be able to have not one but TWO starting caliber QBs each able to win a SB. Unrealistic...unless you're ******ed or a Jets troll trying to stir up the fanbase.

Wendel......you best come on back here Sunday night, I sispect you wont have the courage though.

In the meantime, wend along you little Jet troll.

Can we combine all threads started by Wendel and move them to the appropriate forum either Jetsinsider.com or theganggreen.com?

...and suddenly all the other anti-Cassel trolls are nowhere to be found...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back