PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Devin McCourty Fan Club Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D-Mac is the only nickname suitable for him.

D-Mac is the only nickname suitable for him.
I'm not African-American and will not be ordaining him with the same nickname as a crappy American import who played in the Australian Basketball League (NBL) Darryl McDonald.

It goes against every bone in my body to let him share a nickname with that Melbourne Tigers person comprende? :p

Last edited:
Too early to annoint him as the NE Revis. But so far, three months into his first NFL season, Devin McCourty is simply the best CB selected in the first round (or any round), Hayden, Jackson and Wilson all have had problems. Hayden and Wilson are not even starters.

I'm not African-American and will not be ordaining him with the same nickname as a crappy American import who played in the Australian Basketball League (NBL) Darryl McDonald.

It goes against every bone in my body to let him share a nickname with that Melbourne Tigers person comprende? :p

Fine then. "Run DMc" it is.

There's McCourty's nickname.. The Judge.

I dunno about The Judge. Sounds too discriminating. I'm thinking more like Gitmo - doesn't matter who you are, he's gonna beat ya like ya stole something.

But then again if we want to keep it light, the whole McCourty thing reminds me of Mayor McCheese and that lot. Seems like what with the picks and whatnot we could just call him the Hamburgler.

For fans of horror movies, maybe The Basement - as in what you scream out loud in the movie theater - "No girl, you don't NEVER go to the basement!!!" That's what ya scream at your quarterback when he looks McCourty's way.

The Great Recession, because of all the shutdowns.

Okay I'm done.

He continues the legal precedents set by the Patriots secondary under BB. First Lawyer Milloy and Ty Law set up shop, and now Devin McCourty presides. Opposing players can just refer to him as "your honor" while in his courtroom.

:rofl: Good point.

Thanks for the link CheeseMonkeys, missed that when I was on ESPN. Looks like Suh should run away with DROY, but at least our guy gets into the conversation a bit.

And lots of excellent suggestions for nicknames. But I think of the old-school Golden State Warriors with Run DMC though, and don't they call McFadden that as well?

I have to hop on this nickname discussion. How about Tasmanian Devin?

Now thats a tough name. No one in their right mind wants to throw in the vicinity of a tasmanian devin now.

The "Dev-A-Stater"????????

Last edited:
Week 12 at Lions
2 solo tackles, 2 assists, plus 3 more tackles on special teams. 2 passes deflected and 2 interceptions.

The first interception was a game-changer. Patriots come out to start the second half and the offense does nothing, giving the ball back to Detroit with a chance to go up two possessions. McCourty was matched up with Calvin Johnson and cut under him to make the pick and return the ball to the Lions 23 yard line, setting up the offense on a short field to tie the game up.

The second pick combined with a 50-yard return helps ice the game, setting up the offense in the red zone. 4 plays later, they score to go up 3 TDs with 3 minutes to go.

He also had a huge tackle on special teams on a kick-off early in the first quarter that drew gasps from the crowd.

a great great game

the first INT changed the game...

Bravo Devin !!!

Devin ought to change his name by deed poll to McCaughty

Sorry...
Outta here...I'll get my caught....

McCourty is a difference maker!

McCourty looks like a 5 year vet shutdown corner out there. How awesome that teams are going to fear throwing to his side--as a rookie. Let the Champ Bailey/Darrel Revis comparisons begin.

BB needed to come up aces in the draft this year and it looks like that's exactly what happened. Just for starters, both Gronk and McCourty have stepped in and immediately become pro bowl caliber players. Cunningham, Spikes, Mesko, Hernandez and Deadrick all look like keepers. Anything from Tate and Price in the future will be gravy.

McCourty is a difference maker!

He's done well, so far. He will get better with experience.

With Bodden coming back next year, our CBs should be better than past years.

One thing I noticed in todays game against the Lions.

Why was Arrington covering Calvin? Arrington was burned many times. Wouldn't you think McCourty be Calvins cover, always?

IMO - I don't think Arrington is any better than Bulter. Should bring in Bulter to see if he has fixed his problems...

The Jets game, will be the biggest challenge for McCourty and CB#2...

Today during the game, I had to get up from the couch twice to go to the bathroom. Both times, McCourty got the pick.

I guess I amgoing to have to drink more before the game starts every week now.:D

I remember the second pick very vividly. As soon as Shaun Hill dropped back to pass, I said to my dad, "Pick." Then it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots