PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Day Two Patriots Pre-Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd still like to see them take a WR although Roberts or White would be my preferences in the 3rd or 4th. Curren reported today that Brady is very high on Tate (the one we already have...). And a TE with some upside...I like Moeaki because he can block and catch. But if his durability is a concern, Pitta is there. I'm really hoping they get Misi. I think the ILB was drafted last year. I would love Asamoah but we didn't trade back for my extra picks...

VERY deep draft for WR, as evidenced by fact that Tate (Golden) is still available. If front seven of defense addressed in Round Two, followed by TE/WR/RB in 2nd, 3rd and fourth, then I'm a happy guy by Sat. afternoon.

Please oh please.... just use some of those picks today BB and don't trade down. I am a mere novice when it comes to the draft so give me something to be optimistic about and fill some of the holes on defense and offense.:D

it is as simple as this.......

with the LB's the pats currently have, they will do no better than 3rd in the division....book it

BB's failed logic is that there is no point in draftin LB's because it takes too long to develop them.......shoulda thought about that before drafting watson over dansby or bethel johnson over kawika mitchell or trading away the 2nd rounder in 2005 instead of drafting morrison or crowder.....or moving up to get chad jackson instead of moving up to get demeco ryans or dqwell jackson

this defense will not succeed without decent or better LB's and they only have one to speak of....even if the team decided to go 4-3, the LB's they have are way too slow, especially on the outside

I have a feeling we're gonna get Gronkowski. That's fine, but there SEEM to be more pressing needs at RDE, OLB and WR.

I'd just recommend that we keep in mind that there should lots of good vets available after the draft and through training camp, either for trade or just guys getting cut. That might be where we get the rest of our WR's this year.

I really like Sapp and Wooten, think they'd be great value in the 2nd.

But Taylor Mays at OLB? really? I know he's a physical freak but he's like 230... he's too small to play ILB for us.

6'3" 230 with a 4.31 40 time 24 reps on the bench

Kindle did 25 reps
Hughes 26
Washington only 17 (which I'm pretty sure I could do (or at the very least at one time could do)

I think he has the size speed and temperment for OLB, it is me thinkin "out of the box" take an elite athlete who now has a big chip on his shoulder, and unleash him on the QB. Pllus you could move him around like BB wanted to do with Tank Williams.

Pete Prisco of CBSSports posted his mock draft for round two. Obviously assuming no trades (big assumption for BB), he has the Pats drafting TE Rob Gronkowski, OLB Ricky Sapp, and WR Golden Tate with the 3 second round picks.

Pete Prisco of CBSSports posted his mock draft for round two. Obviously assuming no trades (big assumption for BB), he has the Pats drafting TE Rob Gronkowski, OLB Ricky Sapp, and WR Golden Tate with the 3 second round picks.

That would make me a happy camper.

This little bit of trivia was probably mentioned elsewhere, but it just occured to me the Pats first round draft pick streak of "M" or "W" has continued for another year.

2010: McCourty
2009: (none)
2008: Mayo
2007: Meriweather
2006: Maroney
2005: Mankins
2004: Wilfork
2004: Watson
2003: Warren

for NEXT SEASON we need:

TE
DE
OLB

for the future:

WR
RB
OG/C

hopefully we use rounds 2-4 for the 1st group, and rounds 4-7 for the 2nd group

I'd just recommend that we keep in mind that there should lots of good vets available after the draft and through training camp, either for trade or just guys getting cut. That might be where we get the rest of our WR's this year.

I've been thinking about this recently. Pair that with the fact that next year we have two first rounders, in a draft where there are a handful of nasty wrs and a bunch of conversion linebackers with perfect size, as in 6'6" 270 lbs. Holt is a stopgap type, maybe there will be some more that come available shortly....at the same time, then why didn't we get Jason Taylor?!?!?!?

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind seeing a DE taken with #44, an OLB taken with #47 (there should be a plethora of talent at the position left available), and hopefully Golden Tate with #53.

Reiss just in with his picks for the second day.....

44 - Linval Joseph
47 - Aaron Hernandez
53 - Dexter McCluster

Reiss just in with his picks for the second day.....

44 - Linval Joseph
47 - Aaron Hernandez
53 - Dexter McCluster

Good God, talk about wasting your first four picks................

Joseph, huh a maybe at best, Hernandez is not good, McCluster, I could live with in the thrid, but four picks in the top 53 and not a single pass rusher???WTF

PFT did a second round mock

They have us going

44. Ricky Sapp
47 Damian Williams
53. Corey Wootton

Personally, I'm a fan - if we come out of the first two rounds with a top notch corner, steady WR, and two intriguing DE/OLB prospects then im sold.

DE Linval Joseph
TE Rob Gronkowski
OLB Daryl Washington

Bonus Points: WR Golden Tate

PFT did a second round mock

They have us going

44. Ricky Sapp
47 Damian Williams
53. Corey Wootton

Personally, I'm a fan - if we come out of the first two rounds with a top notch corner, steady WR, and two intriguing DE/OLB prospects then im sold.

I'd like that immensely,

Bill apparently commented yesterday that the sweet spot for the Patriots this year is the second and third round.

If McCoy is available for the Pats' last 2nd round pick, what do you think about picking him up? Goes against conventional wisdom, because obviously he doesn't exactly fill a present need, but boy, to have him in reserve and develop so that in several years he could be a viable piece...I dunno...wouldn't shock me if the Pats made that kind of a move.

If McCoy is available for the Pats' last 2nd round pick, what do you think about picking him up? Goes against conventional wisdom, because obviously he doesn't exactly fill a present need, but boy, to have him in reserve and develop so that in several years he could be a viable piece...I dunno...wouldn't shock me if the Pats made that kind of a move.

If the Browns and Bills pass up on McCoy,I will run the Boston Marathon next year in my underwear...inside out

Browns to draft McCoy if the Bills take Clausen at 33 after they trade with the Rams which is all but expected

The Bills and Browns are quarterback hungry

Last edited:
Officially under way.

Rams on the clock.

6 mins per pick, if I'm not wrong.

Hopefully we get more Chucky moments out of Gruden. That'll help to pass the time.

where do you guys think Benn will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back