PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The official Day 2 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five picks tonight, even if there is a trade out of the top one. We should slide only a few slots.

Da'Quan Bowers seems like a good kid. Faced a lot of tragedy recently in his life, speaks well and does the right things off the field (plays in a gospel band). Would be thrilled if he was picked at 33.

That knee is supposed to be a disaster area. I'm not sure if Belichick is going to want to take a chance on that.

The bengals were on the phone with the Packers for Dalton, I expect they want to hop the Bills. If we trade down from #33 to #35 I wouldn't mind.

Yeah, I like that scenario. But, I would also be psyched if we can roll it into a future 1st and a third this or next year.

Having 3 first round picks + Rookie Scale Salary = Closest chance of the patriots trading up in draft.

Another night of chatroom mayhem

That knee is supposed to be a disaster area. I'm not sure if Belichick is going to want to take a chance on that.

Im no James Andrews but I think he will return to playing form around mid season. He said that his workouts were lack luster because he couldn't train after the surgery

A rb and a good pass rusher would be a good night. No more watching Sanchez sit back there for an hour.

Second Round Potential

Brooks Reed
Stefen Wisniewski
Sam Acho
DeMarco Murray

This may have already been said but there will be 23 players off the board between 33 and 56. Thats a lot of uncertainty. A team in the 40s like the Niners at 45 would be perfect trade partners if they want a QB.

Drafttek's updated live sim gives me a little insight. If BB wants Reed he needs to take him at 33. If he wants another Brandon on D (Harris) he needs to stay in front of the Titans and Cowboys at 39 aqnd 40, who need DBs. If he wants Wisniewski (sp), Allan Bailey and Ryan Williams. A trade back to the Niners would work. and then stand pat ;) at 56 and 60.

Right now at the end of round 2 with 56 and 60 we are proper position for a few highly scouted players on the contact list. There are several others in between that we would have to "reach" to take at 33.

Second Round Potential

Brooks Reed
Stefen Wisniewski
Sam Acho
DeMarco Murray

I agree though we should identify what other teams want these guys.

Last edited:
This may have already been said but there will be 23 players off the board between 33 and 56. Thats a lot of uncertainty. A team in the 40s like the Niners at 45 would be perfect trade partners if they want a QB.

Drafttek's updated live sim gives me a little insight. If BB wants Reed he needs to take him at 33. If he wants another Brandon on D (Harris) he needs to stay in front of the Titans and Cowboys at 39 aqnd 40, who need DBs. If he wants Wisniewski (sp), Allan Bailey and Ryan Williams. A trade back to the Niners would work. and then stand pat ;) at 56 and 60.

Right now at the end of round 2 with 56 and 60 we are proper position for a few highly scouted players on the contact list. There are several others in between that we would have to "reach" to take at 33.

It's clear from last night's 17 pick that BB was well aware of the Giants and Colts competing interests.

TRADE DOWN!! :rocker:

calm%2Bdown%2Bbro.jpg

Trade Down.

Trade Down.
:cool:

I'm really looking forward to watching the draft tonight because I missed last night, going to bed really early last night so I could get up early to watch the Royal Wedding. Fab!

I'm really looking forward to watching the draft tonight because I missed last night, going to bed really early last night so I could get up early to watch the Royal Wedding. Fab!

Did you watch it on Lifetime or that new Oprah network?

According to Schefter:
"Since Bill Belichick took over as Pats HC in 2000, NE and Philadelphia have made at least 1 draft-day trade each year. Sides talking again."

Doesn't mention which Pats pick is on offer
FWIW Eagles have the following picks: 54, 85, 104, 120, 149, 153

no excuse! I actually stayed up til midnight for the draft AND got up at 4 to watch the wedding with my wife.

Give me 54 and next year's #1.

Let's say we trade down and take back a 2011 second round pick in the middle -- let's say like 45 to 50. What would be reasonable compensation for that? A second next year? A third?

In short, if we trade number 33, what do you want back?

I think 33 is a massively great pick. It should draw a lot.

Looks like Pats trading w/ Eaglea

According to schefter. Yaay to late 2nd round picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back