PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The Official Day 1 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember what time the draft started last year? For some reason i think it was 7pm not 8

If there is a QB run, we may trade up from 28 and get 2 guys we had targeted at 17.......
I also expect that at 28 and 33 we may have a chance to move back, stay mid 2nd and pick up a high pick next year too.
Trading up may make a lot of sense this year, but trading back 10-15 spots to pick up another pick next year may be a steal given the uncertainty. I am sure someone will overpay with a 2012 pick thinking there may not be a draft. If anyone thinks that way, BB will find them and fleece them.

I have to agree with Lombardi and La Canafora on NFL Network: I don't see the Patriots moving up, but I do see them moving the 28th pick for a first next year and another pick to someone who wants a QB.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Lombardi and La Canafora on NFL Network: I don't see the Patriots moving up, but I do see them moving the 28th pick for a first next year to someone who wants a QB.
If its for a 2012 1st and a 2011 2nd in the 40-ish range that would be like robbing a bank IMO.

I have to agree with Lombardi and La Canafora on NFL Network: I don't see the Patriots moving up, but I do see them moving the 28th pick for a first next year to someone who wants a QB.

I still think the Pats move up with their first pick unless Tom E Currran is right and six QBs do actually get picked in the first 12 picks. I only see them moving the 28th pick for a first rounder next year if it comes with at least a third rounder this year. Lombardi and LaCanfora are probably basing their predictions on what the Pats' history is rather than any intel.

Last edited:
I still think the Pats move up with their first pick unless Tom E Currran is right and six QBs do actually get picked in the first 12 picks. I only see them moving the 28th pick for a first rounder next year if it comes with at least a third rounder this year.
I dont think they do it for a 3, I think it has to be a 2, and a 2 in the first half of the round.
A 1 next year is the equivalent of a 2 this year. I wouldn't trade 28 for a 2nd and 3rd this year, would you? And I don't think a 1 next year equals a very high 2 this year either.
would you trade 28 for say 52 and 84?

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is a QB run, we may trade up from 28 and get 2 guys we had targeted at 17.......
I also expect that at 28 and 33 we may have a chance to move back, stay mid 2nd and pick up a high pick next year too.
Trading up may make a lot of sense this year, but trading back 10-15 spots to pick up another pick next year may be a steal given the uncertainty. I am sure someone will overpay with a 2012 pick thinking there may not be a draft. If anyone thinks that way, BB will find them and fleece them.

Yes we could see both 28 and 33 get traded this time both for QBs. Could be epic.

I still think the Pats move up with their first pick unless Tom E Currran is right and six QBs do actually get picked in the first 12 picks. I only see them moving the 28th pick for a first rounder next year if it comes with at least a third rounder this year. Lombardi and LaCanfora are probably basing their predictions on what the Pats' history is rather than any intel.

I'm sure you're right about the speculation and just to make my post more clear, the line about the first pick next year and another pick was added my me; it wasn't their opinion.

Just watched the McCourty pick last year.
And all the experts were like "did they really pick this guy this early?".
I don't know who we're picking, but I don't think the reaction will be good.

Yes we could see both 28 and 33 get traded this time both for QBs. Could be epic.
I think its more likely that we want to move up from 28 if there is a run on QBs early as is being floated out there, and more likely we move down, if only 2 QBs are off the board by then. Its a matter of who falls or rises in contrast to the QBs

I still have the memory of Kiper after the Mankins pick. He just shook his head and said, "... what can I say? it's Bill Belichick." That was back when I still watched ESPN, of course.

Seems to happen fairly often with the Pats picks. I distinctly remember Mel Kiper lamenting that they didn't have any tape of Sebastian Vollmer when the Pats grabbed him and also saying Mankins was a reach.

Precisely my reasoning in yesterday's discussion.
Chaos = opportunity for the prepared

Almost time to open de presants. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye