The official damn NBA trade deadline thread

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Let's start it off with your guys' hometown Celtics...

Mike Petraglia@Trags

Green Street » Report: Celtics called Clippers about Blake Griffin http://ow.ly/YoI0n

Also, apparently the Heat have contacted the Rockets about trading for Dwight Howard. I think I would officially give up if that happened.

Yeah I was all-in for Howard a couple of years ago; now, not so much.

Yeah I was all-in for Howard a couple of years ago; now, not so much.
Like Rondo, he's a guy I could never bring myself to root for. Not to mention he's as soft as a baby wipe on a baby ass.

Also, apparently the Heat have contacted the Rockets about trading for Dwight Howard. I think I would officially give up if that happened.
Are you a heats fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, apparently, the Clippers are not interested in trading Griffin.

Ainge is pissing me right the frig off with this Kevin Love **** ... I'd rather keep the pick.

Brandon Ingram will make a great Celtic IMO.

Also, apparently, the Clippers are not interested in trading Griffin.
Could be the Clips are saying that because 1) they're trying to raise the price on Griffin, and 2) they'll need to make him feel welcome if he isn't traded.

Ainge is pissing me right the frig off with this Kevin Love **** ... I'd rather keep the pick.

I wouldn't trade NJ's #1 for Love either.

Greetings fellow Celts GMs.
So many Celts assets to whip around...almost as good as multiple #1's in a Pats draft.
So here's what I'm thinking. Do not trade the Brooklyn pick...ever. Back when the Celts finagled Garnett and Ray Allen....they bought themselves a 3 year window and one title....a great result for such a narrow window. But buying aging stars will never create a dynasty and Ainge is now flirting with a similar strategy....a 30 year old Horford, a 30 year old Howard, etc. For these rental players on the back end of their careers.....no Brooklyn pick...EVER.
Let's think longer term...and swing for the fences. Horford for the Celts pick plus some fillers....sure.
Lately, popular sentiment on talk radio is...teams can't win without a couple of "stars"....and the rest of the roster is basically irrelevant. Yet Houston, with their bonafides, are irrelevant....ATL is irrelevant......but the 1/2 star Celtics are outperforming many of the star stacked pretenders of the NBA. Yes, the Celtics will also be pretenders come playoff time as currently constructed and I'm happy to accept their improvement and wait for next year's added layers that will make them even better....but........with big cap space this offseason and a top 5 draft pick this year, and maybe the next couple years, gives the Celts a hell of a lot more hope than most every team....almost guaranteed.......what other team has such a guarantee.
The only question is how Ainge will dispense with all those #2's that have become worthless in the trade up market.
Stay the course..........don't be rash.......don't aim for stars...just the right guys.

aren't you the one who would give up 2 first rd picks the celtics pick the dallas pick Jerebko and david lee for dwight howard? that's what you said in another thread. i would rather have kevin love over howard. love is in his twenties and has several years left on his contract. Howard is a bum. wait and see what happens before you get pissed off. I would hold onto the Brooklyn picks until the draft. you can get more for them then if you are inclined to trade them. if danny does trade before the dead line i hope they get love. Horford is 30 and hes a free agent next year. i wouldn't give up the nets picks for him either

Last edited:
Kevin Love is terrible. The sentiment is that the Celtics will not win **** without a franchise player, I say BS, while they tend to not go very further in the playoffs, it's a work in progress with all these young players, I think they could benefit from a couple mid veterans without throwing picks around.

Some great news for you guys...

Adrian Wojnarowski@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: So far, Boston is sitting out the Dwight Howard talks.

The Celtics have NINE draft picks this draft. 4 first rounders, 5 second rounders. They got screwed last year stuck with 4 draft picks

Please Ainge trade these picks now, any but the nets pick

The Celtics have NINE draft picks this draft. 4 first rounders, 5 second rounders. They got screwed last year stuck with 4 draft picks

Please Ainge trade these picks now, any but the nets pick

Celts will have the best D league team ever next year....cue the duck boats.

PS.....now we know why it was so easy for Ainge to accumulate so many #1's........they're worthless

PSS....Anyone been watching Providence College hoops this year? Their stud guard Kris Dunn gets so much press as a likely top of the 1st draft pick...yet I see a hugely flawed player often overwhelmed and wonder if this is the best college has to offer.....no thanks.

But despite my current college view, drafting at the top of the draft gets you a better college player than the rest of the league and that's a gain.

Goal......long term build that creates long term success.....See San Antonio.

Lance Stephenson to the Grizz.

Good job Ainge ... keeps the Nets pick we'll see how that goes.

If there's a role/development player in the draft in the teens he can trade later round picks to move up a few slots.

Grab 2 round 1 guys and 2 round 2 guys and send the 2nd round guys to the D-league.

Anderson Varejao was traded to Orlando and then Portland. The rumor is that Portland will waive him. He's 33 and has been dealing with injuries but he's good for some defensive basketball for 15 min per game, was not being used in Cleveland, wrongly according to some fans.

Anderson Varejao was traded to Orlando and then Portland. The rumor is that Portland will waive him. He's 33 and has been dealing with injuries but he's good for some defensive basketball for 15 min per game, was not being used in Cleveland, wrongly according to some fans.
When engaged he's an animal ... 15 minutes of animal would be great ... agree with your opinion.

I think an obstacle to Ainge this trade period was he did not want to make a move to help the Cavaliers. Their window will be closing ... may be closed already we'll see.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back