PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

'The Official: "Come Back! (as a coach)" Troy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With all due respect to JoeSixPack and his thread;

Troy is an all time Great PATRIOT; for all his efforts I hope he is recognized by Pats retiring his number or something. HOF might be too much to hope. But his 'sneaky speed' just isn't getting it done there anymore. I just hope he can be replaced by someone who doesnt sit the year on IR.

But the most effective place he can help pats is to come back as the wr coach. Could you imagine having 5 'Troy Brown' clones out there with younger legs ---- that would be awesome.

Troy is an all time Great PATRIOT; for all his efforts I hope he is recognized by Pats retiring his number or something. HOF might be too much to hope.

I think the very first game after he retires should be dedicated to him including retiring his number. It wouldn't look right to see someone else in#80.

As for the Hall of Fame I don't think he has a chance but I think it is BS that they don't take into account the kind of player that he was unselfeish and very flexible. His numbers may have been better the past few years had he not stepped up to be a DB and that should count for something. He is the kind of player that the NFL should want representing its best not guys like OJ, LT, or Irving even though their stats are undeniable.

Websters definition of a Football player should include Troys picture.

Please play one more year Troy, puh puh Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back