PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Brady sucks and the defense has been carrying him Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
I used to think Tom Brady was one of the top 3 QBs in the NFL and one of the top 5 to ever play the game. I used to think the Patriots defense was horrible and that only Brady was keeping them a contender. But knowledgable Patriots fans have turned me around on this. Despite the heroic efforts of our rock solid defense the last few years Tom Brady has held the Patriots back with his sloppy play. I say enough excuses. This organization has given Tom Brady a great defense, terrific receivers,and the best set of running backs in the league and its time to start producing, otherwise it may be time to give Mr Hoyer a shot.

I used to think Tom Brady was one of the top 3 QBs in the NFL and one of the top 5 to ever play the game. I used to think the Patriots defense was horrible and that only Brady was keeping them a contender. But knowledgable Patriots fans have turned me around on this. Despite the heroic efforts of our rock solid defense the last few years Tom Brady has held the Patriots back with his sloppy play. I say enough excuses. This organization has given Tom Brady a great defense, terrific receivers,and the best set of running backs in the league and its time to start producing, otherwise it may be time to give Mr Hoyer a shot.

I thought your post "Brady sucks" in the other thread was a joke, apparently not. Coincidently, if the Pats lose tonight, I'll make sure I avoid your posts.

I sense a dosage of sarcasm...:bricks:

I sense a dosage of sarcasm...:bricks:

I posted a thread indicating how much his turnovers were hurting the team, but nowhere did I suggest that it was permanent, or a growing problem, but his involvement in the offense has to be scaled back and managed properly because the facts speak for themselves:

Patriots' Record by Called-pass pct. (2009-2011, including playoffs)

Called Passes --- W-L

Over 60 pct. ..... 11-11
Under 60 pct ..... 18-2

In other words, when we pass for under 60%, and run on over 40% of our snaps, we are almost unbeatable.

Last edited:
cut him, Cut him Now!!!!!

Last edited:
Better yet let's call this the "Patriot pinkhats unite" thread. This is a thread where no one can truthfully and honestly analyze the performance of Tom Terrific. Any fan posting here must breathlessly cling to the past and pay homage to # 12 regardless of the REALITY of his performances. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I would trade him to the Raiders for a lifetime of #1 picks.... :nosmile:

Is it too early to start the annual "Brady has gone Hollywood and lost his passion for football" and "he just doesn't show the same fire on the field or sidelines anymore" discussions? Or should we wait after tonight. These discussions are fun and based on a lot of "facts" and I would hate to miss out.

Is it too early to start the annual "Brady has gone Hollywood and lost his passion for football" and "he just doesn't show the same fire on the field or sidelines anymore" discussions? Or should we wait after tonight. These discussions are fun and based on a lot of "facts" and I would hate to miss out.
You forgot to add married to a Super Model, who has sapped his passion and made him grow long hair.

You forgot body language.:(

:wha: What planet were these "knowledgeable patriot fans" from?

I know it's Sunday, but it's a little early to be drinking. Slow down killer, we play the night game tonight.

I thought your post "Brady sucks" in the other thread was a joke, apparently not. Coincidently, if the Pats lose tonight, I'll make sure I avoid your posts.

You are dense.

And Lifer, you're trying to hard. Every post in every thread is a sarcastic 'brady's bad' post. It wasn't funny the first time, and it's not funny now that you made a thread either.

I posted a thread indicating how much his turnovers were hurting the team, but nowhere did I suggest that it was permanent, or a growing problem, but his involvement in the offense has to be scaled back and managed properly because the facts speak for themselves:

Patriots' Record by Called-pass pct. (2009-2011, including playoffs)

Called Passes --- W-L

Over 60 pct. ..... 11-11
Under 60 pct ..... 18-2

In other words, when we pass for under 60%, and run on over 40% of our snaps, we are almost unbeatable.

I have noticed an equally alarming trend since you started attempting to analyze football in depth your threads here have become borderline nonsensical...perhaps because they are increasingly one dimentional. You claim to not believe you are smarter than anyone posting on this board...just smarter than the guys who have been doing this for a living for decades... I fear you've caught the overanalysis bug like a lot of fans and mediots who have watched the game on TV for years. When the team fails you, you look for an easy scapegoat to blame and then become obcessed with your personal quick fix for the problem... There is no quick fix. The team isn't executing consistently in all three phases. That is why Bill and Tom know that while it remains a fixable flaw there is no guarantee will in fact be. Some of the talent on this team may be insufficient (due to roster composition and nagging injuries) to overcome flawed execution consistently. But that isn't an issue they can address at this juncture. And running the ball isn't the obvious quick fix as a fan you want it to be.

Let the Mallet era begin :rocker:

I hate saying this but at this point of his career he definitely isn't on the same level as Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees.

Let's face it. TB is 34 and he's finally getting old.

I have noticed an equally alarming trend since you started attempting to analyze football in depth your threads here have become borderline nonsensical...perhaps because they are increasingly one dimentional. You claim to not believe you are smarter than anyone posting on this board...just smarter than the guys who have been doing this for a living for decades... I fear you've caught the overanalysis bug like a lot of fans and mediots who have watched the game on TV for years. When the team fails you, you look for an easy scapegoat to blame and then become obcessed with your personal quick fix for the problem... There is no quick fix. The team isn't executing consistently in all three phases. That is why Bill and Tom know that while it remains a fixable flaw there is no guarantee will in fact be. Some of the talent on this team may be insufficient (due to roster composition and nagging injuries) to overcome flawed execution consistently. But that isn't an issue they can address at this juncture. And running the ball isn't the obvious quick fix as a fan you want it to be.

That's funny you're accusing me of being one-dimensional, because that's what I'm accusing the team of being.

Yes there is a quick fix. Every time our offensive balance has been balanced, they've been 18-2. That's very impressive, no matter how you spin it.

Somehow you've take this to mean that I am saying Brady is getting old and inefficient and that we should cut him. I'd like you to point out where exactly I said that.

The fact is I've suggested that a balanced attack isn't only very effective, but it will save on the wear and tear that Brady is experiencing and would, in fact, lengthen his career and effectiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes