PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official beginning of "let's grab so-and-so" threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I must add my IN SEASON favorites.
1) Any time a pass is completed against one of our corners he sucks and cant cover anyone.
2) Anything worse that zero 3rd down conversions means we 'cant get off the field'.....
You forgot
6) One memorable dropped pass means the receiver sucks and we need an immediate upgrade (unless it's Randy Moss, he's allowed a couple drops)

Being that this is the OFFICIAL thread;

Anyone know if this guy is any good. The Jests just released him. He's a former starter, and might make for some good depth.

Jets release DB Barrett - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

No thank you. Barrett was torched regularly. He would be Duane Starks part II around here. Hell, I would rather have Poteat back, and he's what... pushing 40 years old now? ;)

You forgot
7) Any player who leaves the Pats and signs with another team really sucks and always did.
8) Any player on a division rival sucks. Then he becomes a FA and we must have him 'he killed us'. I we dont get him we never wanted him, if we do he is great.
9) The HOLE CARD. If you don't agree with me then you don't agree with BB. (Curcular logic to perfection. I will make a point, I will include in my point that clearly BB would agree, so to disaree with my point is to disagree with BB and if you disagree that BB concurs, then you just don't know how BB thinks)

Please add: the Corey Dillon Argument.

10) X is a talented player but a wastrel/locker room cancer/criminal/alcoholic and has been cut from Dallas/Oakland/Cincinnati for that reason. This DOES NOT MATTER and IS NO REASON NOT TO SIGN HIM because the Patriots once signed Corey Dillon.

You forgot
6) One memorable dropped pass means the receiver sucks and we need an immediate upgrade (unless it's Randy Moss, he's allowed a couple drops)

No thank you. Barrett was torched regularly. He would be Duane Starks part II around here. Hell, I would rather have Poteat back, and he's what... pushing 40 years old now? ;)

I'd rather O.T.I.S. come back at age 50, than another duane starks :D

Mora mentioned him last night on Total Access, Antonio Bryant. The guy is big and has great hands. Not the best attitude, but we brought in Moss and that worked out just fine. I've mentioned it before but I was bummed when he went just ahead of the Pats to Dallas in that draft in which we took Branch.

Last edited:
10) X is a talented player but a wastrel/locker room cancer/criminal/alcoholic and has been cut from Dallas/Oakland/Cincinnati for that reason. This DOES NOT MATTER and IS NO REASON NOT TO SIGN HIM because the Patriots once signed Corey Dillon.

10a) ... or Randy Moss

Mora mentioned him last night on Total Access, Antonio Bryant. The guy is big and has great hands. Not the best attitude, but we brought in Moss and that worked out just fine. I've mentioned it before but I was bummed when he went just ahead of the Pats to Dallas in that draft in which we took Branch.
Even though he hasn't put together consecutive quality seasons, I think the payday Bryant will be getting puts him out of reach. He was one of the NFL's best receivers last year despite playing with a QB with one of the weakest arms in the league. Besides, there are more critical areas than WR that should be addressed. While it would be nice to see him here I just don't see it happening.

BryantCatch.gif

Mike Brown may be released soon.... COUNT MEZ INNNN

The Jacksonville Jaguars have released WR Jerry Porter and CB Drayton Florence could Porter be the other receiver the Pats could go after now?
Also could there be an interest in Drayton Florence?

Florence is a good talent but I think he has bad memories of New England. Whenever I hear his name this is what I think of.

2007 playoffs

On Sunday, January 14, 2007 in the AFC Divisional Playoff game against the New England Patriots after a muffed punt by wide receiver Eric Parker at the San Diego 31 yard line, Florence committed a personal foul, head-butting Patriot TE Daniel Graham following a 3rd and long play. During the play, the Charger defense had stopped the Patriots for a 7 yard loss putting the ball at the Charger 37 yard line (apx. 53 yard field goal range). The result of the penalty was a Patriots first down on the Charger 18. The extension of the drive led to a Stephen Gostkowski 34 yard field goal. The Patriots went on to win the game 24-21

Brett Favrevrah is available, er, retired. :)

HEH.

Dan Morgan is healed up and unretired. Does anyone think his unretirement means he's already been contacted?

Bill and Bill (B and P) both seem like guys who would make those kinds of calls.

Might not mean anything, but I wonder if he becomes an affordable one-year-deal LB for the Pats in camp.

Last edited:
Mike Brown may be released soon.... COUNT MEZ INNNN

If he can stay healthy I am in as well.

Bryant is going to be too expensive and will get a huge contract somewhere.

Porter might thrive with the Pats and we could get him at a good price after last season. I always like this kid in Oakland and would add a dimension to our receiving core for TB.

Florance I think would be alright depending on the price.

I saw somewhere that tuna is going to dump samson satele because he's not physical enough.......the same tuna who pinned his SB hopes on max lane

I think satele would be good depth

Nobody has any opinion on Antwan Peak?

Derrick Ward has escaped the franchise tag. Whatdya think?

We won't get into a bidding war for Ward some team will sign him to a big contract most likely. As for Dan Morgan per rotoworld, "Saints GM Mickey Loomis says LB Dan Morgan will be kept on the roster after he was reinstated from the retired list Thursday."

I LOVE all the cliched statements THANKS!!!!! That should be a MUST to anyone who starts any of the what about threads....as well as some good bye threads and others....THANKS!!

Any interest around here in Cory Chevous? I know he's not what we're looking for in a safety age-wise, but he's certainly worth at least thinking about. Just saw on PFT that St.Louis saved 1.2 million by releasing him.

Any interest around here in Cory Chevous? I know he's not what we're looking for in a safety age-wise, but he's certainly worth at least thinking about. Just saw on PFT that St.Louis saved 1.2 million by releasing him.

Yeah I was coming into this thread to talk about him. I think he might be a great option at S depending on Rodney's health. Though ultimately, it would leave us pretty "light" at safety, as I don't think he's all that big of a guy. But a rotation/combo of Sander, Chavous & Meriweather might be alright.

Heck, Sanders might not even re-sign, then safety will really be a priority ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back