PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Bash the Red Sox Thread.

wave your flag red sox.

Nice. Hammered by the Yankees again. The Yankees are now off to one of the best starts in this series in their entire HISTORY. The emphasis on run prevention was well placed this offseason. Excellent job, front office. :rolleyes:

the redsox are 1 and 8 against the rays and the yankees this year going into tonights game. pathetic.

That was a really disappointing effort by Papelbon. The team finally got going against the Yankees and to throw the crap that he was and give up 4 is really really disappointing. Defense and pitching as the team mantra this season is a complete wash. Neither exist.

**** this season is a pain in the arse.

Last edited:
that was rough hahahaha:D

that was rough hahahaha:D
It was just stupid closer pitching. Throwing fastballs over the meat of the plate to hitters hot zones. Not high or low but right in the hitting zone. I couldn't believe what I was watching.

Last edited:
Pitching sure is the strength of this team! :bricks:

I am one that has defended this team so I guess I need to post something....

Positives -

Big Papi is getting it going and even when he gets out he is hitting the ball hard...Not a reason to jump for joy yet but if he keeps it up we can be optimistic....

We have been able to score runs against some of the better pitchers in the league with ellsbury and cameron out of the lineup.....

Bucholz is actually pitching pretty well this season so far...

Negatives -

We banked on pitching this season and it has been pretty freakin terrible...

We banked on defense this season and it has been pretty freakin terrible...

Our catchers couldn't throw out Cecil Fielder stealing 2nd base with prince on his back......

I know this pertains to pitching but our bullpen has been terrible also.....

We can't win the games we "should" win against lesser teams.....

We just don't seem to have "it" so far this season....The guys don't seem to be having fun and have good team chemistry which is carrying teams like the reds, Padres, heck even the nats are playing decent ball.....

We have tough next couple of series as we have 1 more against the yanks, Min, Phi, and TB.....If we don't come out of this stretch over .500 I will have to say we will be in BIG TROUBLE.....

In closing I will have to say that I think if Bard keeps his stuff under control I have more faith in him closing games then papelboner now.....Does paps think he is rivera throwing 1 pitch and can get everyone out.....Get your **** together guys.....

I am one that has defended this team so I guess I need to post something....

Positives -

Big Papi is getting it going and even when he gets out he is hitting the ball hard...Not a reason to jump for joy yet but if he keeps it up we can be optimistic....

We have been able to score runs against some of the better pitchers in the league with ellsbury and cameron out of the lineup.....

Bucholz is actually pitching pretty well this season so far...

Negatives -

We banked on pitching this season and it has been pretty freakin terrible...

We banked on defense this season and it has been pretty freakin terrible...

Our catchers couldn't throw out Cecil Fielder stealing 2nd base with prince on his back......

I know this pertains to pitching but our bullpen has been terrible also.....

We can't win the games we "should" win against lesser teams.....

We just don't seem to have "it" so far this season....The guys don't seem to be having fun and have good team chemistry which is carrying teams like the reds, Padres, heck even the nats are playing decent ball.....

We have tough next couple of series as we have 1 more against the yanks, Min, Phi, and TB.....If we don't come out of this stretch over .500 I will have to say we will be in BIG TROUBLE.....

In closing I will have to say that I think if Bard keeps his stuff under control I have more faith in him closing games then papelboner now.....Does paps think he is rivera throwing 1 pitch and can get everyone out.....Get your **** together guys.....

I really can't see us coming out of this gauntlet in good shape. IMO, we'll be battling the Orioles for last place in the division when all of these teams get done with us. We just got hammered by the Yankees, Minnesota is the series we have the best chance of winning (but don't count on it), Philly is on a hot streak and will most likely drill us, and Tampa Bay... hell, we had a tough time beating them when we were actually good. They're on fire now. Hopefully Old Man Henry doesn't pull the same crap he did with the Marlins and just sit on the team now that's he won a couple of World Series. The **** won't fly in Boston.

i cant wait to see what the sox are going to do come the trading deadline this year when they are out of it. they have a lot of guys with one year contracts or on there last year of there current contract. teams that are still in a playoff race will be putting theo on speed dial looking for that guy to put them over the top. mike lowell- Adrian beltre- victor Martinez- mike Cameron . am i missing anybody? the sox could set themselves up nicely for next year and beyond. it ain't happening this year.

Phuck sake Red Sox hold this late game run tonight would you! I beg of you close this out for my own sanity!

Comeback completed tonight, HUGE win. Would of been deviatisiting to lose in the same fashion two nights in a row.

Now 5.5 behind the Rays who will be fighting the Yankees next.

Comeback completed tonight, HUGE win. Would of been deviatisiting to lose in the same fashion two nights in a row.

Now 5.5 behind the Rays who will be fighting the Yankees next.
The team needs to get a little momentum and take advantage of that.

On a side note has there been a more smug combination of Manager/Player than Joe Girardi and Alex Rodriguez in all of sports history? For some reason I can't stand looking at either of the smug pricks faces on television let alone together.

What in the crikey **** is a Boof Bonser? He sounds like the Forrest Gump of pitching.. without the chocolates and lovability factor.

So our new rookie looked pretty decent today. :rocker:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back