PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Bash the Red Sox Thread.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
:bricks:The Red Sox are now 1-3 :bricks:

Ortiz tossed from the game ... the hitting sucks.

I figure they need to be bashed now before they pull out of it ... ;););)

Should be a good season ... but I'm nervous already.:p

4-8 and just got hammered by the Rays for the third time in a row (three and two days no less). The problems that were the bane for this team in 2009 are the bane for this team in 2010. Also, one win at home so far this season. This team is pretty bad so far.

The Red Sox have been seriously *****-slapped by the Rays this week-end, and pretty much by everyone since the start of the season. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think this team is very good.

Last edited:
Question for you guys:Would it be ok for a Jays fan to bash the Red Sox since for now we are doing better then you guys?Can I take advantage of this one time offer?Hows Scutaro doing?

With the exception of Pedey, Youk, and Lackey, this team pretty much blows.

This team is putrid.

But I suppose we should have expected this going into the season. Can't imagine them finishing anything but 3rd in the division.

I have my doubts at this point... they do s-ck right now...

Bash all you want but this team will make the playoffs.....It makes me sick with all of these fans that love the boston teams when you do good and when they are going through a rough patch they bash them.....Absolutely ridiculous.....Go root for the yankees then or the phillies....We don't want you rooting for the Red Sox anyways.....Leave that for the real fans.....Even if we are 50-90 at the point I go to the O's/Red Sox game I will still be there body painted red and rooting for my time.....Maybe you guys should take some lessons in how to be a TRUE FAN!!!!!

nobody wears body paint anymore

nobody wears body paint anymore

I do.....Trust me if you saw me in person I doubt you tell me anything different....It took 6 cops at an O's/Red Sox game to throw me out....That's all I will say about that.....

this team isn't making the playoffs. not enough offense and the pitching is over ratted

Last edited:
I do.....Trust me if you saw me in person I doubt you tell me anything different....It took 6 cops at an O's/Red Sox game to throw me out....That's all I will say about that.....
and your proud of that? thats makes you some kind of great fan?:rolleyes:

Bash all you want but this team will make the playoffs.....It makes me sick with all of these fans that love the boston teams when you do good and when they are going through a rough patch they bash them.....Absolutely ridiculous.....Go root for the yankees then or the phillies....We don't want you rooting for the Red Sox anyways.....Leave that for the real fans.....Even if we are 50-90 at the point I go to the O's/Red Sox game I will still be there body painted red and rooting for my time.....Maybe you guys should take some lessons in how to be a TRUE FAN!!!!!

Who said they weren't rooting for the Sox? Not me. I grew up rooting for this team, but facts are facts. This team sucks right now and it's because last season's problems were not fixed. Until that happens this team will continue to suck. I guess we should just be happy that the Orioles are having such an awful year. If not for them we'd be chilling in last place.

Who said they weren't rooting for the Sox? Not me. I grew up rooting for this team, but facts are facts. This team sucks right now and it's because last season's problems were not fixed. Until that happens this team will continue to suck. I guess we should just be happy that the Orioles are having such an awful year. If not for them we'd be chilling in last place.
even the problem that was supposed to be fixed isn't fixed. where is the great defense? its been pathetic. victor Martinez is a awful defensive catcher. he cant throw anybody out.

Pretty average start to the year with concerns raised before the first pitch was thrown illustrated already. It flies in the face of what Francona and Epstein were attempting to build with defense and pitching to date.

Hopefully the team will get better as the season progresses.

If fans like you didn't exist the Bruins wouldn't have been allowed to suck from 1972 to today. I agree that you can't just hop off the bandwagon after a dozen games; but not even wavering when a team with the Sox's payroll is 40 games under .500 doesn't help either. Think of the local teams as teenagers and yourself as a parent. Sometimes a little tough love is in order.

If fans like you didn't exist the Bruins wouldn't have been allowed to suck from 1972 to today. I agree that you can't just hop off the bandwagon after a dozen games; but not even wavering when a team with the Sox's payroll is 40 games under .500 doesn't help either. Think of the local teams as teenagers and yourself as a parent. Sometimes a little tough love is in order.

Look buddy....I was born and raised in boston for the first 10 years of my life....We moved to Baltimore when I was 10.....Ever since then I have been going to Red Sox/O's games and rooting hard for the Sox even when the yankees were dominating the division....I never waver....I never lose faith.....Hell I even bet my buddy $100 when the Sox were down 3-0 to the Yankees that they would come back and win the series....I know this isn't a football forum but I bet any of my buddies after 2003 $50 each to whoever wanted the bet that the pats would repeat in 2004.....You can call me a homer or whatever you want but I stick to my teams and believe they can turn things around.....People think the Celtics don't have it this season and I still believe they will win the Championship.....Do I get let down....Of Course but I still put my fanhood first.....

My thoughts on the Sox are that we have the pitching to win it....Yes they look a little shaky right now but look at lester's career numbers before May and after May.....Night and day difference.....Matsuzaka is supposedly looking great and coming back up to take his spot in the rotation....I am a little skeptical but still optimistic he will get back to solid form and be better than bucholz.......Our bullpen has had quite a bit of pressure on them thus far and that is on our starters not going far into games.....

Our hitting team is not what it was in years past but I really like the solidity of it from top to bottom (when ellsbury is healthy).....None of them are hitting right now but they are too good of career hitters to slump all season....They will score enough runs to win games with an occasional blow out here or there but won't have the amount of blow outs they have had in years past......

Our defense has been suspect thus far which was supposed to be a huge improvement but it has been by the new guys we acquired....I will give them about 20 games or so to get acclimated to playing in a huge market with tons of pressure.....I know scutaro played in the A.L. East but being the "underdog" every game against the Sox and Yankees is easier than being a "favorite" to win every game.....

We haven't had but so many games with a healthy team....Ellsbury is HUGE to have at the top of the lineup and I am still a believer that Big Papi can come through with a solid season....He won't have a 50hr 130rbi season but I am looking for 30-35hr's and 100 rbi's.....A lot of people here won't agree with me on Papi but that is my opinion......My dad was talking like a lot of you people on here are yesterday when we were watching the game saying I don't think the sox have it this year....I tell him the same thing....It's only 12 games into the season......Something will give these guys a kick in the ass to get moving whether they need a brawl or Francona getting tossed after a close call....They will get it going and be at or near the top of the division when all is said and done.....

and your proud of that? thats makes you some kind of great fan?:rolleyes:

Actually I am......All I did was wear a shirt I made that said Yankees Suck on it and the ushers told me I had to turn it inside out.....I said what about the other 50 fans that were wearing the shirts that says yankees suck on them....Did you say anything to them? He said I am talking to you.....I told him to go F#&k himself......He came back with 2 cops....He didn't approach me, turned around and went back and got 6 cops and told me to turn my shirt inside out right now or I was getting thrown out and I proceeded to cuss him out and it took all 6 of them to get me out of the stadium.....It was over something totally stupid on there part and they picked out the biggest guy in the stadium to mess with......Stupid on there part if I would say so myself.....

Actually I am......All I did was wear a shirt I made that said Yankees Suck on it and the ushers told me I had to turn it inside out.....I said what about the other 50 fans that were wearing the shirts that says yankees suck on them....Did you say anything to them? He said I am talking to you.....I told him to go F#&k himself......He came back with 2 cops....He didn't approach me, turned around and went back and got 6 cops and told me to turn my shirt inside out right now or I was getting thrown out and I proceeded to cuss him out and it took all 6 of them to get me out of the stadium.....It was over something totally stupid on there part and they picked out the biggest guy in the stadium to mess with......Stupid on there part if I would say so myself.....

Damn, you're so badass.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back