PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***THE OFFICIAL 2014 New England Patriots training camp thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
im taking a break on my projects for business law and philosophy. Watching NFL Network and all they are showing is Peyton Manning. Seriously, are these guys at NFLN masturbating to Peyton right now? They have been showing him throwing the ball for the last 20 minutes.

After the NFL Competition Committee passed the latest Peyton Rules eliminating contact within 5 light years of WRs , their NFLN lackies have serious wood about Satan's passing yard #s this regular season.

The drops from LaFell out of the gates are not surprising. He's still learning a new, and complicated, offense. With that will come increased drops. I'm sure (and I hope) he'll fix that before the season.

One wonders if LaFell is going become an overpriced insurance policy if Dobson comes back and Thompkins continues to impress. Maybe not a bad thing since both the kids got hurt last year, and one is still recovering...but 3 million in signing bonus seems a little rich for LaFell.

Hate hearing camp injuries that cost a season, even on teams that are least likeable

Yeah not good. His wife is pretty well off though so he is ok there.

The "thinking" is we have to keep Bolden as a second "big back". I disagree, Bolden may have size but he doesn't run like it and Vereen and White are capable "up the middle" runners if necessary.
Bolden should work as hard as humanly possible this camp. Because I don't see him sticking if any of the UDFAs show any promise.

Florio: Patriot hazing is insensitive in light of Jonathan Martin scandal. Loss of first round pick may be coming from the league.

actually brady is getting a season long suspension. Hazing is not cool Tom. Tom should be more like ray rice.

Yeah not good. His wife is pretty well off though so he is ok there.

OT: When healthy it's probably a close race between Sanya and Aaron for who's faster. I'd put $ on Sanya

Good start for day 1. Pumped for Saturday when the pads go on and we can really see/read about some more competitive battles.

Mallet showing off his accuracy, at usual. But I bet those five incompletions were thrown really hard and fast.
Yup, should be good for a second rounder plus Andre Johnson. o_O

Anbody seen how chiseled and compact that Roy Finch is? Watchout! Shane Vereen, Finch is super with the Ball in his hands.

Unless Finch manages to gain 30 pounds without losing any agility, I don't think Vereen's going to lose any sleep.

That type of crap really irritates the living sh** out of me. NFLN is an arm of the league. While it's understandable that they would feature and emphasize a guy like Manning, every season it's the same unsufferabe ball licking. I expect it from ESPN because long ago they proclaimed themselves the network of the Royal Family, aka the Mannings, and are not officially affiliated with NFL.

Hope they show the Peytie "Greatest Hits" video....love that guy....

wvL3rKN.gif

My first attempt at a 53 man roster after day 1 of training camp. It will probably be different next time I make another one. Thank you pats picker for making it so easy to make one.

QB (2) Brady, Garoppolo
RB (5) Ridley, Vereen, White, Finch, Develin
WR (6) Edelman, Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Slater
TE (3) Gronkowski, Hoomanawanui, Jones
C (2) Stork, Cave
G (4) Mankins, Connolly, Kline, Halapio
T (4) Solder, Vollmer, Cannon, Fleming
DE (4) Jones, Ninkovich, Moore, Smith
DT (4) Wilfork, Kelly, Easley, Jones
ILB(2) Mayo, Beauharnais
OLB(4) Hightower, Collins, Anderson, Gordon
CB (5) Revis, Browner, Dennard, Arrington, Swanson
SS (3) Harmon, Ryan, Ebner
FS (2) McCourty, Thomas
ST (3) Gostkowski, Allen, Aiken

Hope they show the Peytie "Greatest Hits" video....love that guy....

wvL3rKN.gif
Oh, they will and they'll serve the popcorn which always contains a kernal guaranteed to get caught in one's throat.

Friend said Mallett vs Garoppolo wasn't a contest day 1. Obviously it's early, but Mallett should be concerned that there is another competent developmental QB in camp for once.

I'm excited to watch Jimmy, you know, complete passes and improve this year at camp. Unlike last year watching Mallett throw it 20 yards over WR's heads and the thou shall not be named QB3 attempt to play NFL QB.

Mallet showing off his accuracy, at usual. But I bet those five incompletions were thrown really hard and fast.
Before you go knocking the guy, maybe you should get all the facts.. Bet you were one of the ones who said Cassel would be gone and Guitierrez made the team too back in 2008...

NESN said:
Brady went 4-for-9 passing in 7-on-7s and 12-for-16 passing in 11-on-11s. Quarterback Ryan Mallett went 4-for-7 with a drop in 7-on-7s and 1-for-6 in 11-on-11s with a drop. Rookie signal-caller Jimmy Garoppolo went 2-for-5 with a drop and an interception in 7-on-7s and 3-for-5 in 11-on-11s. Mallett had a sleeve on his left knee.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/07/patriots-tr...-kenbrell-thompkins-brandon-lafell-stand-out/

it's day ONE in shells....a little perspective, perhaps?

or go full bull goose gaga looney over Garrapoloney if you must...

DaBruinz. unfortunately for Mallet, football isn't 7 on 7. Mallet stinks, and he'll be cut soon.

My first attempt at a 53 man roster after day 1 of training camp. It will probably be different next time I make another one. Thank you pats picker for making it so easy to make one.

QB (2) Brady, Garoppolo
RB (5) Ridley, Vereen, White, Finch, Develin
WR (6) Edelman, Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Slater
C (2) Stork, Cave
G (4) Mankins, Connolly, Kline, Halapio
DE (4) Jones, Ninkovich, Moore, Smith
DT (4) Wilfork, Kelly, Easley, Jones
ILB(2) Mayo, Beauharnais
OLB(4) Hightower, Collins, Anderson, Gordon
CB (5) Revis, Browner, Dennard, Arrington, Swanson
SS (3) Harmon, Ryan, Ebner
FS (2) McCourty, Thomas
ST (3) Gostkowski, Allen, Aiken

If they were inclined to go with 2QBs, I think they would have traded Mallett. By keeping him, I think they're signaling that they're not comfortable with a rookie backup QB and are going to carry three this year. Although who knows, it's possibly that Garoppolo will be so good in camp that Belichick will feel that Mallett doesn't warrant a roster spot.

At the moment, this is my list:

QB (3) Brady, Mallett, Garoppolo
RB (4) Ridley, Vereen, White, Houston
WR (6) Edelman, Amendola, Dobson, Thompkins, Boyce, LaFell
C (2) Wendell, Stork
G (3) Mankins, Kline, Halapio
DE (4) Jones, Ninkovich, Buchanan, Smith
DT (5) Wilfork, Kelly, Easley, Jones, Siliga
ILB(3) Mayo, Hightower, Beauharnais
OLB(3) Collins, Anderson, Davis
CB (5) Revis, Browner, Dennard, Ryan, Arrington
SS (2) Harmon, Wilson
FS (2) McCourty, Thomas
ST (4) Gostkowski, Allen, Aiken, Slater

Total players: 53
Created with Pats Picker: http://patspicker.patsfans.com

Before you go knocking the guy, maybe you should get all the facts.. Bet you were one of the ones who said Cassel would be gone and Guitierrez made the team too back in 2008...

DaBruinz. unfortunately for Mallet, football isn't 7 on 7. Mallet stinks, and he'll be cut soon.

3858468-img-2476972-1-brenda-meeks-scared-popcorn-gif-in-scary-movie.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye