PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***THE OFFICIAL 2014 New England Patriots training camp thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I stick with it. Posters have said over and over Ridley gets it, he says all the right things. But the guy can't even come in to camp in shape. He is a damn running back. Do you really think he put all the time he "said" he was going to into ball control when he didn't even put in the work to come into camp in shape. I hope I am wrong, but I won't be surprised at all when he is riding the pine all year eating his twinkies.

Apparently Brady Quinn worked out for the Pats on Monday. He did so well that he's now going into announcing for a living.

No, I stick with it. Posters have said over and over Ridley gets it, he says all the right things. But the guy can't even come in to camp in shape. He is a damn running back. Do you really think he put all the time he "said" he was going to into ball control when he didn't even put in the work to come into camp in shape. I hope I am wrong, but I won't be surprised at all when he is riding the pine all year eating his twinkies.

Somehwere Ridley is saying "Gotcha"

You had to have listened to the interview, I guess. He sounded like he was saying it thoroughly tongue-in-cheek. They were all laughing as he was talking about it.

You had to have listened to the interview, I guess. He sounded like he was saying it thoroughly tongue-in-cheek. They were all laughing as he was talking about it.

I'm glad at least one person who HEARD it posted on it.

I don't think he'd be on the roster anymore if he admitted to being out of shape in an interview, I highly doubt BB would be too pleased with him saying something.

I don't understand how people can read a quote and draw conclusions so easily when they have no context. It always bothers me.

Lol, yup he got me I guess. He was joshing with us.

I don't understand how people can read a quote and draw conclusions so easily when they have no context. It always bothers me.

The simplest explanation psychologically is that they'd already made up their minds about the player prior to the quote.

The simplest explanation psychologically is that they'd already made up their minds about the player prior to the quote.

I guess I'm probably guilty of the same, being a Ridley fan, however I wasn't going to comment one way or the other until I heard it for myself or heard someone else explain the context.

It certainly was in the back of my mind though that it was being taken out of context, as I obviously want to trust Ridley is not only saying, but doing the right things, because I want him to succeed as a fan.

No the simplest explanation is someone says something and you believe what they say. Most of the time it is accurate, sometimes it is not.
If an athlete says I am out of shape, then it is rather easy to accept that he is out of shape. Most people would, why wouldn't you?

The 5-foot-11, 220-pound Ridley had a notable comment regarding his offseason diet and coming into camp in better shape: “Obviously that didn’t go too well. Coach still has me in there in ‘Fat Camp’ and running and trying to get this weight off me.”

Most people would probably accept a quote like this at face value.

The 5-foot-11, 220-pound Ridley had a notable comment regarding his offseason diet and coming into camp in better shape: “Obviously that didn’t go too well. Coach still has me in there in ‘Fat Camp’ and running and trying to get this weight off me.”

He was, literally, laughing the entire time he said it. Plenty of players use TC as a means of getting fully into "football shape". It's nothing to hit the panic button about.

Some people in this world say things without considering how it will look in print sans context. They're called regular human beings.

I remember Ridley being run down last year during the first or second preseason game, and the commentators commenting on the fact he still had to get into game shape. It kind of makes you wonder if his lack of conditioning in the offseason may have something to do with his lack of big plays.

It also may call into question his true commitment to improving himself, specifically his ability to hold onto the ball. Posters here often quote Ridley and use as him as a player who "gets it". Perhaps it is easier to talk the talk, than walk the walk.
Last offseason he was noted for his increased muscle.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patr.../stevan_ridley_gets_set_to_carry_heavier_load

Boyce missed Wednesday practice...Boyce missed yesterday's practice. Boyce has NOT put together a strong camp so far this season. I will be at Gillette for tonight's practice so I'll make sure I look for Boyce.
Ken said the other day in his notes that Boyce was quietly putting together a strong camp. In addition, he received a lot of positive comments in the media for his OTA performance.

@InBostonSports: First team front 7 Nink Wilfork Siligia Jones Hightower Mayo and Collins. Siligia rotating with Kelly and FA Will Smith.

@InBostonSports: Third punting drill today. Again Edleman and Finch the return men.

@InBostonSports: UDFA Roy Finch RB Oklahoma with a nice catch down the sideline with LB in coverage. Throw from TB perfect.

@PatriotsLife: Mallet nice long lob to Vereen for a touchdown in 11 on 11s. Logan Ryan in coverage

@PatriotsLife: Vereen to Brady touch catch over Hightower in 7 on 7s

@PatriotsLife: Thompkins with nice grab over Revis

Trick plays in camp already?

Groin injuries can take anywhere from 1-6 weeks to heal. he might lose his spot on the team if he can't practice.
Carolina will try and pick him up if the Patriots waive him.

Taylor McCuller is seeing a number of reps at FB. He is an impressive athlete especially as a FB.

Dates: 03/14/14
Height: 6005
Weight: 239
40 Yrd Dash: 4.59
20 Yrd Dash: 2.71
10 Yrd Dash: 1.60
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 21
Vertical Jump: 33
Broad Jump: 09'08"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.25
3-Cone Drill: 7.08

Status