PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***THE OFFICIAL 2014 New England Patriots training camp thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me, or have I been hearing POSITIVE feedback about Bequette ? Mayb he finally gets it, and will actually contribute ? Then again, I remember hearing positive things about Crable before he was cut.

Is it me, or have I been hearing POSITIVE feedback about Bequette ? Mayb he finally gets it, and will actually contribute ? Then again, I remember hearing positive things about Crable before he was cut.

You don't have to stop at Crable. You can go back years and years and hear nothing but positive things about bubble players before they eventually got cut. Actually, as has been noted by another poster, it's usually the kiss of death, actually.

Seems Jimmy G really is a work in progress. Good job we didn't trade Mallett

There's been a few mentions of him expanding his pass rush repertoire with a good spin move. Obviously he's close to the end of the line but he has some good athleticism so hopefully there's something there. We'll see soon.

That's not anything most people that actually watched him weren't saying though. He came from a totally different offensive system in a lesser conference. He's going to need at least a full year before he's even ready to challenge for the QB2 spot.

Per Kyed, Boyce is also practicing.

From twitter, Vereen and Finch are having great days catching the ball.

@InBostonSports: First team front 7 Nink Wilfork Siligia Jones Hightower Mayo and Collins. Siligia rotating with Kelly and FA Will Smith.

@InBostonSports: Third punting drill today. Again Edleman and Finch the return men.

@InBostonSports: UDFA Roy Finch RB Oklahoma with a nice catch down the sideline with LB in coverage. Throw from TB perfect.

@PatriotsLife: Mallet nice long lob to Vereen for a touchdown in 11 on 11s. Logan Ryan in coverage

@PatriotsLife: Vereen to Brady touch catch over Hightower in 7 on 7s

@PatriotsLife: Thompkins with nice grab over Revis

@InBostonSports: First team front 7 Nink Wilfork Siligia Jones Hightower Mayo and Collins. Siligia rotating with Kelly and FA Will Smith.

So they're trying Smith at DT?

That's not anything most people that actually watched him weren't saying though. He came from a totally different offensive system in a lesser conference. He's going to need at least a full year before he's even ready to challenge for the QB2 spot.

Per Kyed, Boyce is also practicing.

Oh bang on...certainly don't want anyone jumping on him. It is all about development. they have picked him because they think he has the raw materials...

From twitter, Vereen and Finch are having great days catching the ball.
Gotta love the the little Finch ! But I do have to wonder, why didnt he get more touches at Oklahoma, it wasnt like he was backing up Adrian Peterson.

While I admit I did not like the pick, JAG not impressing right now early on is of little concern. It even took a few weeks for TFB to slow down the NFL action in his 1st camp and the only people Brady really impressed that year were the coaches. There was little buzz about him year one. Folks were still on the "Michael Bishop is our answer to Michael Vick" kick back then.

Year two training camp was different. I was again at camp and obvious to me and even some mediates that TFB outplayed Bledsoe all camp long. The NFL action had slowed down for him; he knew the offense cold and dissected the D masterfully.

Last edited:
Gotta love the the little Finch ! But I do have to wonder, why didnt he get more touches at Oklahoma, it wasnt like he was backing up Adrian Peterson.

If he assumed the full load, he'd probably be dead by now. He's simply too small to be an every down back. He worked just fine in college as a change of pace/situational back.

shalise manza youngVerified account‏@shalisemyoung
Aaron Dobson running sideline-to-sideline (and back) sprints w/ Harold Nash clocking him & his rests

Ben VolinVerified account‏@BenVolin
Gronk firing off the line, planting hard, cutting and catching passes from Brady. Doesn't look like someone coming off a torn ACL/MCL

Excellent news on both counts. That means that Dobson should be returning to practice sometime soon and Gronk is gaining more and more confidence in that knee. The fact that he's "planting hard" is an especially good sign.

@MikeReiss: Darrelle Revis with the pick-6 of Tom Brady as offense works on situational football backed up at own 2. Thompkins intended WR.

@MikeReiss: Darrelle Revis with the pick-6 of Tom Brady as offense works on situational football backed up at own 2. Thompkins intended WR.

^^^^ This. Can't put into words how excited I am that Revis is on this team.

BB on RB James White:

"It's been good working with James White. He's a very interesting and versatile player," Belichick told Sirius XM NFL Radio this month, per ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss.

"He does a good job in the passing game and in the running game -- both inside and outside. Blitz pickup -- we have a pretty extensive offense for him to learn, but he's working hard at it. We'll just let him go and see how it goes, but I think he has the ability to compete on all three downs, in both the running game and the passing game."

The takeaway here is that White is seen as a weapon who can stay on the field for more than just passing downs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...elichick-james-white-can-be-a-threedown-back

Definitely someone to watch.

Ben Volin is the one who reported that Gronk was cutting hard in OTAs, something that no other human on earth at the same workout saw happen. So, I would take anything he posts like that with a big grain of salt.

If Dobson is running sprints with timed recovery intervals, he's working on conditioning. Pretty understandable after being in a walking boot for most of the last six months.

If he assumed the full load, he'd probably be dead by now. He's simply too small to be an every down back. He worked just fine in college as a change of pace/situational back.
It was more than that, he has some issues with the OU coaching staff (or vice versa). Fresh start now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes