PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 2011 Sox rant thread:

Wake, you've been a fine servant but it's time to be left in the bullpen and leave the starting to starters.

Last edited:
if wake doesn't get 200 this year it ain't happening. this is it for him i think.

Last edited:
if wake doesn't get 200 this year it ain't happening. this is it for him i think.
You know, for an annoying and insane poster who I enjoy butting heads with, it looks like a lot of your early season Red Sox predictions are coming to pass.

Let's hope Lester & Beckett can carry the pitching because it's obvious nobody else can.

You know, for an annoying and insane poster who I enjoy butting heads with, it looks like a lot of your early season Red Sox predictions are coming to pass.

Let's hope Lester & Beckett can carry the pitching because it's obvious nobody else can.
that was big of you to acknowledge that. ty. hopefully the time on the bench will help beckett and he can return to full strength. i'm not holding my breath. hopefully its not a 09 redux. james shields is a free agent next year. hes young and very good and hes not on the dl.

Last edited:
that was big of you to acknowledge that. ty. hopefully the time on the bench will help beckett and he can return to full strength. i'm not holding my breath. hopefully its not a 09 redux. james shields is a free agent next year. hes young and very good and hes not on the dl.

I don't think Shields is a FA next year.

But even if he is, he's no sure thing. He has been great this year but was horrible last year, mediocre the year before.

This offseason the guys to go after are Sabathia (won't get him but can drive price up :) ) and CJ Wilson (but will cost a ton).

I don't think Shields is a FA next year.

But even if he is, he's no sure thing. He has been great this year but was horrible last year, mediocre the year before.

This offseason the guys to go after are Sabathia (won't get him but can drive price up :) ) and CJ Wilson (but will cost a ton).

you may be right about shields contract . i think hes up the year after now that i think about it. no pitcher is a sure thing. i like shields hes young and has lots of american league east exp. and hes got nasty stuff.

Last edited:
and the free fall continues:mad: wildcard lead over tampa is down to 6 in the loss column with seven games left head to head:eek:

and the free fall continues:mad: wildcard lead over tampa is down to 6 in the loss column with seven games left head to head:eek:

Six game lead in early September. The Red Sox might be struggling, but they're not the Mets.

They'll make the playoffs but it seems that the pitching is going to be a problem. Sooner or later Theo is going to realize you can't keep spending money on bats.

They'll make the playoffs but it seems that the pitching is going to be a problem. Sooner or later Theo is going to realize you can't keep spending money on bats.
you are probably correct but i'm very nervous about it non the less. like i said in another thread. i have a lot of pre 2004 sox fan left in me.

Last edited:
youk remains in boston for a mri.:mad:

Anyone watching the game tonight - Friday ... what a joke there are more people at a high school football game.

The problem isn't lack of spending on pitching -- it's that Buchholz got hurt this year, lackey turned to sh*t before that, and Matsuzaka did both before that.

Current contracts (from Cots): Beckett -- 4/68, Lester 5/30, Lackey - 5/82, Matsuzaka 6/52, Buchholz - 5/30

It's easy to say they should get good pitching. Doing that is far more difficult, and it's a problem virtually every team has, virtually every year.

The problem isn't lack of spending on pitching -- it's that Buchholz got hurt this year, lackey turned to sh*t before that, and Matsuzaka did both before that.

Current contracts (from Cots): Beckett -- 4/68, Lester 5/30, Lackey - 5/82, Matsuzaka 6/52, Buchholz - 5/30

It's easy to say they should get good pitching. Doing that is far more difficult, and it's a problem virtually every team has, virtually every year.
You can rationalize it all you like but our pitching is ****, especially the pen.

Last edited:
You can rationalize it all you like but our pitching is ****, especially the pen.

I'm not rationalizing anything.

I'm pointing out that your claim, "Sooner or later Theo is going to realize you can't keep spending money on bats," doesn't make any sense in light of the facts.

I'm not rationalizing anything.

I'm pointing out that your claim, "Sooner or later Theo is going to realize you can't keep spending money on bats," doesn't make any sense in light of the facts.
It makes perfect sense, you're just enjoying the role of being an pain in the arse and argumentative.

It makes perfect sense, you're just enjoying the role of being an pain in the arse and argumentative.

Well, I'm the one of the 2 of us who actually offered facts. You, otoh, are just getting defensive and insisting you're reight. Until you offer some facts to demonstrate why I'm wrong, "pain in the arse" and "argumentative" are better descriptions of you.

There's over $250mm invested in the rotation. Spending money simply isn't the problem, sorry.

If you want to argue that the problem is spending on the pen, compare what our pen costs to what other, better pens cost.

Youk in Boston with a hernia and now Lackey is out with a calf injury. this is getting rediculous. We will be embarassed in the playoffs

Youk in Boston with a hernia and now Lackey is out with a calf injury. this is getting rediculous. We will be embarassed in the playoffs

Lackey being injured may be a good thing

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back