PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 2011 Sox rant thread:

Last edited by a moderator:
how good would masterson look in a rs uniform right now? we gave him up to rent vmart:mad:
Masterson was pitching like a siv at the time he was traded and for the last 3 years is 23-34 with a 3.9 ERA skewed by this season's 2.66 ERA (4.55 & 4.7 2009/2010). Even now he's only 7-6 and the Indians are playing better than they have in years.

I'm more concerned with Lackey's inability to locate at 82.5 million dollars and our apparently glass constructed rotation.

Last edited:
Masterson was pitching like a siv at the time he was traded and for the last 3 years is 23-34 with a 3.9 ERA skewed by this season's 2.66 ERA (4.55 & 4.7 2009/2010). Even now he's only 7-6 and the Indians are playing better than they have in years.

I'm more concerned with Lackey's inability to locate at 82.5 million dollars and our apparently glass constructed rotation.

oh but you should have seen him

in the 4th i think. Tex, Cano, A-Rod bang bang bang

A thing of beauty.

oh but you should have seen him

in the 4th i think. Tex, Cano, A-Rod bang bang bang

A thing of beauty.
Funnily enough I did have ESPN on before I had to head off and was able to watch that inning. He did pitch very well yesterday.

The Red Sox have the 2nd best record in the MLB ...

This thread gets upped to a 6-roller.

:rofl: ... :rofl: ... :rofl: ... :rofl: ... :rofl: ...
happy2.gif

masterson wasn't a starter then he was coming out of the pen for the redsox so those stats are irrelevant. the first thing the indians did with him was make him a starter. hes a very good young pitcher with a lot of upside.
when he did some spot starting for the sox he did well. if he was still with the sox he would have ten wins easy. 10 and 3. im more concerned about lackey also but this is a message board. people like to express there thoughts.

Last edited:
Highly doubt you were pissed when the trade was made.

true i wasnt . i thought it was a good deal at the time. i dont like the way that deal turned out for the sox. whats your point?

Last edited:
true i wasnt . i thought it was a good deal at the time. i dont like the way that deal turned out for the sox. whats your point?

Point is, it was a dumb comment. Masterson is a mediocre pitcher, we got a season and a half out of V-Mart., who's a far superior player. We're not exactly struggling pitching depth wise either.

Point is, it was a dumb comment. Masterson is a mediocre pitcher, we got a season and a half out of V-Mart., who's a far superior player. We're not exactly struggling pitching depth wise either.[/QUOTE
lmao what a clown. you saying my coment was dumb is dumb. :D. the trade clearly worked out better for the tribe. some day kid you will grow up and stop acting like your diapers are always full.

lmao what a clown. you saying my coment was dumb is dumb. :D. the trade clearly worked out better for the tribe. some day kid you will grow up and stop acting like your diapers are always full.
How's the trade worked out better for the Tribe? He's 23-34 there. That's not working out at all.

Last edited:
How's the trade worked out better for the Tribe? He's 23-34 there. That's not working out at all.
thats a record on whats been a ****ty team. his numbers would be much better with a good team like the rs. win and lose record doesnt mean much when evaluating a pitcher anyway. the kid is a good pitcher and is very young with lots of room to improve. he hasnt even been a starter for a full 2 years yet. the guy we got in the trade is gone.

thats a record on whats been a ****ty team. his numbers would be much better with a good team like the rs. win and lose record doesnt mean much when evaluating a pitcher anyway. the kid is a good pitcher and is very young with lots of room to improve. he hasnt even been a starter for a full 2 years yet. the guy we got in the trade is gone.
Felix Hernandez has been able to consistently put up fantastic pitching numbers in a mediocre side. The reality is Masterson is a bottom of the rotation pitcher and they are easily replaced.

The Sox decided Martinez was too pricey and have gone with Saltalamacchia. Looking at moves in isolation is never a smart idea.

Felix Hernandez has been able to consistently put up fantastic pitching numbers in a mediocre side. The reality is Masterson is a bottom of the rotation pitcher and they are easily replaced.

The Sox decided Martinez was too pricey and have gone with Saltalamacchia. Looking at moves in isolation is never a smart idea.
we will have to agree to disagree. maybe in your reality masterson is botton of the line pitcher but in my reality hes a very good young pitcher thats only going to get better. i dont understand why it isnt a good idea to look at moves in isolation or any way you want to. its a message board thats what you do. imo the indians got the better of that trade. we gave up a good young pitcher for a year and a half rental. thats a fail.

Last edited:
josh beckett leaves the game with a knee strain. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MOTHER F--KING SOB AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IM SO FREAKIN SICK OF THIS INJURY SH!TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :mad::mad::mad:

we will have to agree to disagree. maybe in your reality masterson is botton of the line pitcher but in my reality hes a very good young pitcher thats only going to get better. i dont understand why it isnt a good idea to look at moves in isolation or any way you want to. its a message board thats what you do. imo the indians got the better of that trade. we gave up a good young pitcher for a year and a half rental. thats a fail.
You're right message boards are a place for an exchange of opinions. As per usual yours are never supported by any sort of fact before you start mouthing off at others who call you out on that.

Masterson is a bottom of the rotation pitcher. Hell, he's only 2nd on Cleveland's depth chart rotation with Tomlin & Carrasco having better first halves to their seasons. If he showed any major promise the Red Sox would have kept him. Martinez was more than productive for the Red Sox and provided us with a stepping stone to obtain Adrián González.

At the time Masterson was traded he was spotty with control issues. It's not a trade I give any thought too. I would have liked to keep V-Mart but Salty's come on and Tek is playing his part.

Last edited:
You're right message boards are a place for an exchange of opinions. As per usual yours are never supported by any sort of fact before you start mouthing off at others who call you out on that.

Masterson is a bottom of the rotation pitcher. Hell, he's only 2nd on Cleveland's depth chart rotation with Tomlin & Carrasco having better first halves to their seasons. If he showed any major promise the Red Sox would have kept him. Martinez was more than productive for the Red Sox and provided us with a stepping stone to obtain Adrián González.

At the time Masterson was traded he was spotty with control issues. It's not a trade I give any thought too. I would have liked to keep V-Mart but Salty's come on and Tek is playing his part.
seriously wtf is your problem? your are out of your mind. your sick, mouthing off? wtf are talking about? can anybody disagree with you without you taking it to a personal level. we arent talking about facts here. its a matter of opinion. you like how the trade turned out. i don't. salty wasn't part of the trade with vmart and had nothing to do with it. there's a fact for you. you haven't provided anything but your opinion. masterson is a good young pitcher . in case you didn't know the redsox don't make all the right moves. sometimes they get it wrong so spare me if the sox thought masterson had any potential they wouldn't have done the trade bull sh!t. i don't give a rats ass what you give a thought to. i give a thought to it and if you don't like it to bad. now go take your meds.

Last edited:

Point is, it was a dumb comment. Masterson is a mediocre pitcher, we got a season and a half out of V-Mart., who's a far superior player. We're not exactly struggling pitching depth wise either.

seriously wtf is your problem? your are out of your mind. your sick, mouthing off? wtf are talking about. can anybody disagree with you without you taking it to a personal level. we arent talking about facts here. its a matter of opinion. you like how the trade turned out. i don't. salty wasn't part of the trade with vmart and had nothing to do with it. there's a fact for you. you haven't provided anything but your opinion. masterson is a good young pitcher . in case you didn't know the redsox don't make all the right moves. sometimes they get it wrong so spare me if the sox thought masterson had any potential they wouldn't have done the trade bull sh!t. i don't give a rats ass what you give a thought to. i give a thought to it and if you don't like it to bad. now go take your meds.
What we have here is;

1. you failing to provide any rationale as to the worth of the trade and the outcome for all teams involved,
2. first cab off the rank having a dig at someone, &
3. documented fact and opinion to challenge your rationale with.

Back to being a hero from the comfort of your mother's basement I'd say captain insano. It's befitting.

All you really have to do is tell us why the Masterson trade was a bad one and how that's affected the Sox. That's it.

Last edited:
QUOTE=captain insano;2584530]

What we have here is;

1. you failing to provide any rationale as to the worth of the trade and the outcome for all teams involved,
2. first cab off the rank having a dig at someone, &
3. documented fact and opinion to challenge your rationale with.

Back to being a hero from the comfort of your mother's basement I'd say captain insano. It's befitting.
i gave rational but you just aren't capable of understanding it. your just not to bright i guess. i had a dig at him after he had a dig at me first. but its so cute how you come to his defense:D. you came with squat. evaluating a pitcher by his win lose record is meaningless . doesn't prove anything. anybody who knows baseball knows that. just you saying masterson is a low level pitcher doesn't make it fact. i know you think it does in your litte fantasy world but your wrong. what we have here [above] is a great example of somebody who is mentally ill. now thats a fact. back to the psycho ward for you. hey ausbucker?

Last edited:
i gave rational but you just aren't capable of understanding it. your just not to bright i guess. i had a dig at him after he had a dig at me first. but its so cute how you come to his defense:D. you came with squat. evaluating a pitcher by his win lose record is meaningless . doesn't prove anything. anybody who knows baseball knows that. what we have here [above] is a great example of somebody who is mentally ill. now thats a fact. back to the psycho ward for you. hey ausbucker?
You haven't told us why it was a bad trade in terms of how it's worked out for the Red Sox, you've told us you didn't like getting a short term Martinez rental.

What about Masterson leads you to the conclusion that not having him on the Red Sox makes it a bad trade? Which Red Sox pitchers is he going to knock from the rotation? Does he stay in the bullpen at Boston? He was pretty average during his time here and hasn't exactly been a world beater with the Indians. He pitched a gem of a game the other day.

The fact is, you're offering unsubstantiated opinion. I want to know why it was a bad trade because I haven't seen a credible opinion yet.

You haven't told us why it was a bad trade in terms of how it's worked out for the Red Sox, you've told us you didn't like getting a short term Martinez rental.

What about Masterson leads you to the conclusion that not having him on the Red Sox makes it a bad trade? Which Red Sox pitchers is he going to knock from the rotation? Does he stay in the bullpen at Boston? He was pretty average during his time here and hasn't exactly been a world beater with the Indians. He pitched a gem of a game the other day.

The fact is, you're offering unsubstantiated opinion. I want to know why it was a bad trade because I haven't seen a credible opinion yet.
i told you why. what makes you think i have to justy how i respond on a message board to you? masterson is a very young good pitcher we gave up for a rental. thats enough of a reason right there. i don't accept your proclamation that masterson isn't a good pitcher. hes very good and very young with lots of upside. i loved the trade when they made it. if i thought the sox would only have vmart for a year and a half i wouldn't have done it. why is that so hard for you to understand? i love the gonzo trade. why? because they kept the guy there fore justifying all they gave up to get him. would you like the gonzo trade knowing the sox would only have him for a year and a half? and did the sox give up rizzo and the others because the sox didnt think they had any potentional? :rolleyes: the redsox loved masterson. you have to give up something good to get something good in return. get some help for yourself.

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back