PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 2006 - I Hate Polamalu's Hair Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots4Ever said:
I completely disagree with this post.I think Polamalu is a class act.His hair is a great statement of individualism.I think he is one of the most underrated SS in the NFL.He's a great team player and always makes the big plays,Much like our own in the great Rodney Harrison.Im not comparing the two,As Troy Polamalu has many years to be an upper elite comparable to Rodney. .But,Give the guy some credit.He Does play his heart out whenever he is on the field.IMHO....

I'm glad that you didn't compare him with Rodney, not yet. But the kid is a hell of a football player.

I wonder how Rodney would look with hair like that flying around the football field?

If you hate Polamalu's hair... are you going to stop watching the Pats? Because last time I checked both Gabriel and Maroney sported similar eccentric locks. And psst those guys are likely to see a lot of field time. What will you do, look away every time our offense hits the field? :)

PATSNUTme said:
I hate you now and I've never seen your hair. :singing:
I see how it is. :rocker:

I agree no comparing Rodney and Troy. If Troy plays the # of years Rodney has it will be really interesting because Polamalu is unbelievable. The Dillon run in the AFCCG...yes that wasnt his best moment but last year he constantly came through big time especially vs the Colts. The referees killed him blowing two clear INTs and saying they were incomplete. The guy flies around the field like none other and he is always there for the play. Within the matter of a few years tops there will be NO doubt in my mind that Polamalu will be definitley considered the best safety in the NFL...currently...

I don't mind the hair. What I dislike are the 60-something year old morons in Heinz Field who think they're cool wearing a Polamalu wig.

Alk said:
I see how it is. :rocker:

There was no way I could resist such an opening.

I was thinking last night that I was surprised no one has come out with a Polamalu shirt with the hair pre-attached to the back.

Other players may have similar doos but, his has just gotten too long.

Last edited:
QuiGon said:
I don't mind the hair. What I dislike are the 60-something year old morons in Heinz Field who think they're cool wearing a Polamalu wig.
As opposed to the Patriots fans who paint every last inch of their skin in silver paint? Either way, that's all in fun, I hardly doubt they're trying to look "cool".

VJCPatriot said:
If you hate Polamalu's hair... are you going to stop watching the Pats? Because last time I checked both Gabriel and Maroney sported similar eccentric locks. And psst those guys are likely to see a lot of field time. What will you do, look away every time our offense hits the field? :)

First of all there is a huge difference between the neatly tended dreds that are in vouge in the NFL...
img9521489.jpg

...and the black poodle that rides on Palumalu's back every Sunday
steelers_polamalu.jpg

PS
I am not questioning Polamalu as a human being or making a value judgement that long hair is bad, but I have this irrational OCD type response whenever I see the black poodle, and I obsess about wanting to see it cut or put in a pony tail.

Alk said:
You didn't mention Rodney. Prepare to be smashed and thrashed!! :D
Hey i LOVE Rodney.
How he plays, his passion and attitude,

but right now, those 3 are better.

I wouldn't want Taylor on the Pats over Rodney.

But i would take polamalu right now, or Ed Reed right now.

The best safeties in the league, IMO:
1.Ed Reed
2.Adrian Wilson
3.Mike Brown
4.Dawkins
5.Polamalu
6.Taylor (but a crazy, unreliable mofo)
7.Roy Williams

Before Rodney was injured he was #1. Now, we'll have to wait and see. The odds are against him, looking at Culpepper move around like Frankenstein last night on a similarly reconstructed knee.

Yes it is way too long. Have you seen Doug Gabriel's hair? Doug's hair is getting way out of control. Maroney is letting his hair grow that long too. Why? It looks stupid.

THEARCHIVES said:
Yes it is way too long. Have you seen Doug Gabriel's hair? Doug's hair is getting way out of control. Maroney is letting his hair grow that long too. Why? It looks stupid.

I agree. It's neither pitch black, nor tight.

PonyExpress said:
1.Ed Reed
2.Adrian Wilson
3.Mike Brown
4.Dawkins
5.Polamalu
7.Roy Williams

Before Rodney was injured he was #1. Now, we'll have to wait and see. The odds are against him, looking at Culpepper move around like Frankenstein last night on a similarly reconstructed knee.

You're right. I did read futher down, but I never saw that apology. I see it now, and would like to apologize back for jumping off the deep end. I was really pissed, cuz I believe T.P. to be a class act, and for patsfans on this board to say such ignorant **** just flipped me out. Im cool now, and like I said, if you really meant your apology, then I guess your not an ignorant bigot afterall and apologize again for that. And to the other posters who say the long hair look stupid, I toally disagree. I would rather see him with his flowing hair over a stupid ass steve smith, chad johnson, to or anyone else for that matter celebration. They are stupid, and they arent funny. I hate that ****. As for the players who start pulling their hair to drag them down, all I can say is I feel real sorry for that dumb bastard.

All I have to say is Troy Palamalu has cool hair but laurance is even cooler.

Signed,
A former 80's headbanger.

PonyExpress said:
1.Ed Reed
2.Adrian Wilson
3.Mike Brown
4.Dawkins
5.Polamalu
7.Roy Williams

Would you please not compromise the integrity of this thread with your legitmate football-related discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes