PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 2006 - I Hate Polamalu's Hair Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Boy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I know this is not been the first time that this has been mentioned, but I just can't get over how annoyed I am by Polamalu's hair.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PUT A RUBBER BAND OR TWELVE ON THAT WIRY MANE!!!
steelers_polamalu.jpg

cover1114.jpg

PH_2003-08-01_troy-b.jpg

Remember the hair is considered part of his uniform. So it is completely legal to tackle Polamalu by pulling him down by his hair! It is only a matter of time, that some offensive lineman grabs his hair after he intercepts a pass and iether pulls him down by it, or scalps him. Either way, it will be fun to see!

I'd like to know what kind of conditioner this guy uses. I can pass the info on to my lady friends. Another little secret: He's not that great. He got steam rolled by R. Brown every time they collided, he whiffed on numerous tackles and gives up the big pass play. Flashy but Fundamentally unsound. Maybe he can get endorsements with Pantene or something.

Last edited:
I completely disagree with this post.I think Polamalu is a class act.His hair is a great statement of individualism.I think he is one of the most underrated SS in the NFL.He's a great team player and always makes the big plays,Much like our own in the great Rodney Harrison.Im not comparing the two,As Troy Polamalu has many years to be an upper elite comparable to Rodney. .But,Give the guy some credit.He Does play his heart out whenever he is on the field.IMHO....

I never questioned his ability, Troy is an outstanding player and you are right, he seems to have the "Knack" of making a BIG play.

The Pats looked very closely at him and he was definiately high on their draft board.

But, I still want to see someone pull him down by the hair!!!

I think his hair looks cool :cool:

Patriots4Ever said:
I completely disagree with this post.I think Polamalu is a class act.His hair is a great statement of individualism.I think he is one of the most underrated SS in the NFL.He's a great team player and always makes the big plays,Much like our own in the great Rodney Harrison.Im not comparing the two,As Troy Polamalu has many years to be an upper elite comparable to Rodney. .But,Give the guy some credit.He Does play his heart out whenever he is on the field.IMHO....

I agree with your post except for one thing. How can you be underrated when you are on the cover of SI, voted to the Pro Bowl, are lauded by every NFL journalist and most fans?

Use of the term underrated is way overrated.

Patriots4Ever said:
I completely disagree with this post...

I love Polamalu the player, but his riduculously large and frizzy mane MOCKS me!

I'd like to apologize to everyone for my ridiculously overstated opinions. I'm just having a bad hair day.:)

illustrates my problem with Cowher...the fact that he tolerates all of Troy's overeager miscues. He needs REAL coaching. It's not about "reining him in" or making him conservative and less disruptive -- he can still make teams THINK he's the Tasmanian Devil but he's got to get better from a diagnostic perspective...it's about being smart and knowing WHEN to run like a missle and when to sit in the hole and wait for the play to come to you (ala Champ Bailey).

He's ok on highlight reels, which is why the media/fans love him, but if you isolate him on the coaches tape it's astonishing how many mistakes he makes...and gets away with because of the supporting cast.

He plays a certain role on their defense and they want him to fly around, but you have to learn from your mistakes and he keeps repeating them...the game is too fast at this level, you can't act like you're still in the Pac-10.

case in point...on the reverse he "blew up" last night, he got in the backfield so fast that he tackled the WRONG GUY...went after Ronnie Brown who was in the process of a lateral that was about to burn him the other way. Madden loved it but the reality was that the play went for a 5 yard GAIN...if Polamalu takes a split second to diagnose it, instead of just pursuing the ball like a fly on sht, he then tackles the CORRECT guy for a 5 yard LOSS...one play, one mistake, looked cool doing it, results in net ten-yard difference.

Just goes to show how everyone is wowed by sheer athleticism and measureables...he has the potential to be great...but so do a lot of guys.

and yeah, I can't wait for someone to grow some balls and grab that mullet...in mid-return off an INT.

Troy Polamalu is one the the greatest PIT players

honestly i would love to have him with us too

are the Steelers interested to trade him for Branch ?

FreeTedWilliams said:
Remember the hair is considered part of his uniform. So it is completely legal to tackle Polamalu by pulling him down by his hair! It is only a matter of time, that some offensive lineman grabs his hair after he intercepts a pass and iether pulls him down by it, or scalps him. Either way, it will be fun to see!

If my memory serves me correctly this rule was changed when the elimated the Horse Collar Takle.

I could be wrong but as i remember it the first year Ricky Willlams was a Fish the Hair Tackle was legal.

The next yr the competition committee outlawed the Horse Collar Tackle and the Hair tackle was included because the same possible injury issue was involved.

May be some else remmebers this or can set me straight. Thanks

I like the hair myself. I have two young daughters with long frizzy manes like that...which brings up the question: how does he keep it from getting tangled? Seriously, the guy is running and jumping and tumbling around on the ground as much as my 4-year-old, and I waste hours of my life brushing out her tangles. Memo to Troy: whatever detangler you use, MAJOR endorsement opportunity.

Um, do you hate Maroney's hair, too?

Polamalu is without a doubt the best safety in the league IMO. Hes a great person and football player. I dont really care about his hair. Without the hair he wouldnt be the same Polamalu! Awesome player man.

PonyExpress said:
I'd like to know what kind of conditioner this fruit uses. I can pass the info on to my lady friends. Another little secret: He's not that good. He got steam rolled by R. Brown every time they collided, he whiffed on numerous tackles and gives up the big pass play. Flashy but Fundamentally unsound. Maybe he can get endorsements with Pantene or something.

You just proved your true maturity level there. Way to go pony, I actually used to like reading your posts. Call a guy a fruit because he has long hair? Gimme a ******* break. I sported hair down to my shoulders for yrs. and it was funny because when I attended a william floyd/tim brown football camp, alot of the guys there called me goldilocks and a fruit. They were 15-16 yrs. old.
As far as anything else goes, he is that good. I have seen rodney miss countless tackles or get pushed backwards. Polamalu shows up big when the time matters most. I used to think you actually had some good INSIDE football knowledge as well. However, to say that Polamalu just isnt that good, d%#*!@t, you ****ed up ur rep with atleast me in just one damn thread. Way to go u ignorant bigot.

Did we take a time warp back to the 50's or something? I thought long hair on men was pretty much socially acceptable these days. Boy would some of you hated me about 3 years ago. I was the white Troy Polomalu.

holyredeemer said:
You just proved your true maturity level there. Way to go pony, I actually used to like reading your posts. Call a guy a fruit because he has long hair? Gimme a ******* break. I sported hair down to my shoulders for yrs. and it was funny because when I attended a william floyd/tim brown football camp, alot of the guys there called me goldilocks and a fruit. They were 15-16 yrs. old.
As far as anything else goes, he is that good. I have seen rodney miss countless tackles or get pushed backwards. Polamalu shows up big when the time matters most. I used to think you actually had some good INSIDE football knowledge as well. However, to say that Polamalu just isnt that good, d%#*!@t, you ****ed up ur rep with atleast me in just one damn thread. Way to go u ignorant bigot.
Holy,
I guess you didn't read further down in the thread where I issued an unsolicited apology. Also, Although Polamalu is statistically a top ten safety in the league against the run, I personally attribute much if this to the quality of Pittsburgh's defensive line, particularly Casey Hampton (See Dillon using Troy as a doormat in the 2004 AFCCG TD run). His coverage skills, which were very mediocre in 2004 (see 2004 AFCCG Championship Game) have improved greatly, but he is still vulnerable on deep passes because he falls for play action too often. Really, you shouldn't take my opinions to heart. I'm a certified jackass, and I'm sure I didn't deserve whatever respect you may have given me to begin with.:)

Alk said:
Did we take a time warp back to the 50's or something? I thought long hair on men was pretty much socially acceptable these days. Boy would some of you hated me about 3 years ago. I was the white Troy Polomalu.
I think the premise of this thread was tongue in cheek.

Alk said:

I hate you now and I've never seen your hair. :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back