PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official “I eventually muted the game” Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
But my God, it was as if I was listening to a Baltimore broadcast.

I didn't think so at all. The Ravens played a great game. What did you expect them to say about the NFL story of the year unfolding right before our eyes?

I thought they criticzed the Ravens *plenty* too. I thought they praised the Patriots plenty, especially on the final drive. During that drive they sounded like Patriots fans to me. It goes both ways. Who is providing the thrills? That's who gets their kudos, and frankly, the Ravens did a great job and deserved them at times.

Add me to the roll.

Kornheiser was absolutely unbearable. This guy doesn't belong within 15 miles of a football announcing booth.

I've been actively watching pro football for 60 years (!) and this is the very first time I've muted the announcers. I'm glad I wasn't alone, and someone has to complain to ESPN.

I definitely had to mute the chearleading from the booth so that I wouldn't go Bart Scott on my TV set. I didn't mind Shula's comments, although when I heard he grabbed one of the other guy's shoulders when the Raven's made a big play, I have to say that I REALLY wanted us to win just to piss the old geezer off.

The other annoying thing... these STUPID ESPN updated right in the middle of the game about trade rumors in baseball or such.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Would they interfere with a baseball game right in the middle of a pitch to tell us about some off season trade rumor in football? That was BEYOND ridiculous. ESPN blows! I mean BLOWS! I hate them all.

I hope NFL Network makes it to regular cable programming just so I never ever have to watch ESPN again. They f'kn SUCK!

I didn't even attempt to listen to Shula, the volume was off way before he even came on.

Yeah, count me in on this one. I mute the booth on almost every game. ESPN is particularly bad. It is what it is. I prefer silence to booth blabbering.

I submit that if you really listen to what the typical booth adds during a game, silence is preferable. Try it. You might like it.

The other annoying thing... these STUPID ESPN updated right in the middle of the game about trade rumors in baseball or such.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Would they interfere with a baseball game right in the middle of a pitch to tell us about some off season trade rumor in football? That was BEYOND ridiculous. ESPN blows! I mean BLOWS! I hate them all.

+1. WTF was up with that? I've never seen anything like it. If they want to run a ticker at the bottom of the screen -- fine. But in the middle of a play to cut away and put the game in a picture in picture box. Way lame. ESPN can lick my nards.

This sshould be an example to all those going to broadcast school on how not to announce a game. It was awful- just awful and it wwas right from the beginning.
I muted it and listened to Gil and Gino even though there was a 5 second delay and the play had alread been run by the time they said anything about it.

+1 absolutely awful

I had to as well. A new low was set last night. :mad:

I think I shut down the sound before the second quarter started. ESPN was so over the top with the'72 Dolphins.

I would much rather listen to Gil and Gino but the delay drives me crazy so I always listen to the TV guys. But their repetitive slogans about the Pats finally losing and all that sickening Shula/72 Dolphins crap got to me in the 3rd and I hit the mute, first time I can remember. That ESPN crew stinks on an average night but that was just disgusting 'work' last night, awful.

I've tried to be sympathetic to them but how could Griese and Morris and Shula and all that bunch really still get uptight over something they accomplished 35 YEARS AGO!

Until last night I didn't really care about the Pats going undefeated, I just wanted them to win the SB. But Now I have to admit craving the 19-0 just the shut up the Dolphins. I know that's pretty shallow but it's where I'm after their overexposure last night.

I muted right after "Coming up next, Don Shula in the...".
At my house, the tv broadcast arrives before the radio broadcast. So I would see Brady get sacked and suddenly 2/3 seconds Gil and Geno would announce it.

It did notice on my radio station ,WAQY 102.1, that they got carried away with a commercial break and missed 2 or 3 plays.

Turned on the national radio broadcast with Marv Albert and Boomer Esiason after the 1st quarter. They actually tried to be neutral!

The radio was actually ahead of the TV here by about 2 seconds.

Too bad I didn't read this thread last night. Knowing that I wasn't alone, I would have muted, and spared my wife my constant screams of, "THIS IS LIKE WATCHING A RAVENS BROADCAST!"

Tirico is OK and I really like Jaws. I also really like Kornheiser on PTI -- it's a good outlet for him.

But I agree with the crowd that Kornheiser is awful in the MNF role. He has that dog-with-bone theme that he will not give up, which I thought was even more annoying in an Indy game in which he kept repeating the idiotic notion that Manning was making a "don't forget about me" statement.

Yeah the announcers were simply awful. Especially Kornheiser and the Dolphins guests. It was just sickening. The moment the Ravens took the lead Kornhole was gloating about how great an accomplishment it would be for the Ravens to upset the Pats and how that would vindicate their season or some crap like that. Simple the worst broadcast I've heard this year. No impartiality to it whatsoever.

I was on mute a good amount myself. I've grown to like Kornheiser for some random game but not for a Patriots game when we're behind most of the time.

The crowd noise was loud enough in second half I could for the most part
mentally focus on that and the game and ignore the talking heads.
If I had a good radio station I would have listened to that.

I muted my tv about five minutes before kickoff when espn gave kornhole an open mic to bash BB. I returned to audio at about the six minute mark in the 1st q to hear kornhole scream everyone here wants them to lose. Off for good.

I don't remember shula in the booth for the 2005 colts, or mercury morris on the espn pregame in 2005.

I would like to see Joe Buck take Kornholzer out to dinner and on the way I would like them to slam headfirst into a bick wall at 97mph. I wouldn't mute that audio feed.

I would like to see Joe Buck take Kornholzer out to dinner and on the way I would like them to slam headfirst into a bick wall at 97mph. I wouldn't mute that audio feed.

I'd make it my cell ringtone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye