PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official “I eventually muted the game” Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I just had to.

NEVER have I ever muted a telecast, as being OCD as I am I need to have some sound going on when watching the game.

But my God, it was as if I was listening to a Baltimore broadcast.

Didn't put it back on until we regained the lead for obvious reasons.

I'm a Bucs fan and muted the broadcast. The ESPN crew was particularly annoying tonight - they're annoying every night, but tonight was awful.

The cheerleading in the booth was disgusting.

I hope Shula choked on one of his dried up nutrifast brownies watching that last drive LOL

i always mute MNF

I despise Kornhole to start with. And it's obvious he thinks he's witty and charming. What a loser. What is ESPN thinking? I think we all need to email ESPN at just how much we despise them.

I had mute on from about mid-1st quarter until the last TD...

Lobel made a bunch of remarks about the broadcast on the 5th Quarter. Paraphrasing: "I usually don't say this, but it was awful." Zolak said something along the lines of the booth always being awful. It was pretty funny.

As I said I’ve never even thought of muting a game before, being as I feel I’m taking away a huge part of watching a televised football game.

But there was just no way I could take it anymore. As said, it was basically a god damn booth of cheerleaders tonight.

That’ll be our last ESPN game broadcast of the season though.

wow i cant believe someone started this thread because i actually did mute my tv in the 2nd half and was wondering why....i just couldnt listen to those idiots...

I braced for this and thus watched from a bar.

Given the outcome, it could serve as comedic material...

Funny how ESPN plays it’s little games.

The Colts almost show how resilient they are against the hyped up Chargers on the road and are praised as Gods.

The Patriots DO show how resilient they are against a ridiculously hyped up Baltimore and are given “Let off the hook” treatment.

As soon as Shula showed up, I turned to the WBCN radio broadcast, but it was ahead of the TV action and I couldn't deal with it. I turned it back and listened to the lunacy. At least there are no more MNF games for the Pats.

Once Don Shula entered the booth I muted and instead talked with my friends instead of listen to the announcing.

I also muted the TV, at the end of the 1st quarter.

Simply the most unprofessional, clownish, cheerleading national broadcast I have ever heard.

Kornhole is an ass-hole. He is living proof why I hate New Yorkers.

It was real bad tonight, just uncalled for at times.

I muted it. At one point, while muted, I saw Shula joking around in the booth after Baltimore's great punt return. Then three plays later Boller throws that horrible INT and Shula's demeanor changes big time. So I unmuted to hear what he said. He was bashing Boller for the bad play and rightly so. Kinda weird rurn of events.

BTW, this team is not boring!

I did... could not stand Kornhole from the beginning of the third quarter on.

I put on Gil and Gino even though they were 8 or more seconds ahead of the ESPN feed.

Gil blew the Gaffney touchdown call big time... couldn't see Jab in the corner of the endzone and said '...and Brady just throws it away'... Gino had to jump in and say 'Touchdown'. Total botch by Gil.

Muted it after the Punt return I couldn't take hearing Shula and Kornheiser both snicker at the Patriots expense.

I turned the sound off mine as well.

I've never done that before. I don't like watching in a bar because you can't get the sound there. But this was just excruciating. I watched the whole second half in silence. (Well, there was me screaming and yelling, but that's another story.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back