PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Offical Gammons is a Fraud Thread

Hardboiled

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I listened to him for years defend Barry Bonds on WEEI and poo poo any steroid talk. He waxed on about how great the Arizona complex where players work out during the offseason was. "It's amazing" (Funny how both Bonds and Clemens would promote their own "We work out so much" stories. )

Then after the Congressional Hearings, he strangely started writing articles about how Baseball wasn't doing enough. Funny - why does baseball have to do anything when there isn't any problem? A problem he said never existed.

He even asked: Babe Ruth drank during Prohibition, so should we take away his records? Yes, the "Commissioner" came up with that one.

Then I heard him wax on about how people knew about steriods and therefore baseball should have known. Hmmm, interesting position.

No surprise that the Great Steroid Denier is now on the bandwagon of "look to the future."

I'm not sure people in here will criticize Gammons. This is RedSox country and Gammons is a back pocket appologist for the organization. I like Gammons, and used to read his Sunday "Baseball Notes" in the Globe religiously. Good guy, but he lost his fastball a long time ago.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back