PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Offical " Draft McFadden " Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect McFadden to go #1 after Miami trades down. Until further notice he's the only stud in this draft. From there the Patriots can consider their options of trading down or picking the next guy if they like him enough.

McFadden would obviously be my first choice, but if we don't go in that direction, F. Jones makes a nice consolation prize.

I think what the Pats should do is drop down to #5, draft McFadden, then use that extra second round pick to address the defense (CB or LB). That way everybody wins! Well except for the rest of the NFL. :p

At 5?

I expect McFadden to go #1 after Miami trades down. Until further notice he's the only stud in this draft. From there the Patriots can consider their options of trading down or picking the next guy if they like him enough.

I agree. He has to go number one. Could you imagine the heat a team would take for passing on him? You can't take a QB number one after the deal Russell got.

I posted this on the mainboard:

Arkansas' Backfield:
McFadden avereged 6.4 ypc 205 rushing yards 3 TD's and one fumble
Felix Jones averaged 9.6 ypc for a total of 86 yards.
P. Hillis averaged 8.0 ypc for 88 yards and 2 TD's

I watched the game, and there was a number of runs where McFadden looked average, but he was able to bust that really long one, and he had a few other nice runs. The Razorbacks didn't use McFadden as a receiver, and Felix Jones was actually better on kick returns.

If Anything you should have came away from that game inpressed with Arkansas O-line. They also could have used Felix Jones more.

LSU's Hester also seemed like a pretty tough runner, who was able to break a number of tackles throughout the game. He also displayed some nice receiving skills.

Felix Jones is a very nice complementary back but McFadden got the bulk of the carries. Of course DMac isn't necessarilly going to have a higher YPC when he has more carries and does the gritty between the tackle runs as well.

Felix Jones is a potential Kevin Faulk replacement. He is Arkansas change of pace back.
McFadden is a potential franchise RB. There's a big difference.

I posted this on the mainboard:

Arkansas' Backfield:
McFadden avereged 6.4 ypc 205 rushing yards 3 TD's and one fumble
Felix Jones averaged 9.6 ypc for a total of 86 yards.
P. Hillis averaged 8.0 ypc for 88 yards and 2 TD's

I watched the game, and there was a number of runs where McFadden looked average, but he was able to bust that really long one, and he had a few other nice runs. The Razorbacks didn't use McFadden as a receiver, and Felix Jones was actually better on kick returns.

If Anything you should have came away from that game inpressed with Arkansas O-line. They also could have used Felix Jones more.

LSU's Hester also seemed like a pretty tough runner, who was able to break a number of tackles throughout the game. He also displayed some nice receiving skills.

Last edited:
He hits the hole too hard for me and doesn't dance around enough, plus he doesn't have the track record of injuries that I like in my running backs...

He hits the hole too hard for me and doesn't dance around enough, plus he doesn't have the track record of injuries that I like in my running backs...

LOL. Good one. :D Oh yeah and what's that with him having the versatility to throw TD passes in a pinch!! He should make up his mind whether he wants to be a RB or a QB!! :snob:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back