Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Offensive Line

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mgteich, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 17 / -2

We are in fine shape for this year and for 2010.

1) They have been playing well.
    2) We have two potential OT starters in Vollmer and LeVoir, with Kaczur back. Light is back for the 2010 season if the team chooses not to trade him.
    3) Connolly could stick all year as at least an emergency backup center and guard.
    4) There is no rush for Simmons to be active.
    5) We have Ohrnberger, Simmons and Connolly for 2010. With Mankins and Neal on their last contract year, we might keep all current backup G/C's for the season.
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

They are playing extremely well.. each week presents a challenge, this week they are facing a pretty good D.. the confidence remains.
  3. sieglo

sieglo Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This week will be a big test.

I think the other element of the equation is that Brady is getting back that ability to read the defense and correctly set the protection. The more Brady shakes off the rust, the better the offensive line play will get.
  4. borg

borg Rookie

Ratings:
    +102 / 3 / -11

I want SeaBass on the field just to watch this German tank roll. Is he a Panzer or a King Tiger, the largest and most powerful tank released by German forces during the war. It had the firepower to knock out virtually any allied tank (But was on the DL too often)
  5. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

I want to see him on the field too. NEXT year, though.
  6. Bostonian1962

Bostonian1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

The O Line is looking very good so far. I believe they will shine this week against the Ravens, for whom I have alot of respect.

I was watching the Cowboy game last night, and one play jumped out at me where the Cowboy RT (#75) was used on one particular play. It reminded me at the time just how incredibly solid Nick Kaczur has been this year. He's on the short list for most improved players.

I give him alot of credit, because apparently he worked HARD at becoming the player he is, and was one of the offseason workout winners.
  7. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Line looks solid this year. Looking forward to next year's draft though I think OL might be priority. Mankins is the only starter under 30 and he is going to be a UFA. RB (Maroney UFA) and TE (Watson UFA) might be other priorities as the defense looks to have young depth everywhere but LB. But even there we don't have any pressing needs with Guyton's development.
  8. BennyBledsoe

BennyBledsoe Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 4 / -4

#11 Jersey

I've been preachin' this for awhile but I'd like to see Vollmer in use against the guys Light has traditionally struggled with just to see how he does.

I can't honestly imagine him playing worse against Schobel and Taylor than Light does.

Yes, I know the stats say he's a little better than average against those guys but with Tom Brady back there, do you really want to leave 'little better than average' in charge of protecting Brady's blind side? Or do you want to see if you can get 'way above average' back there?
  9. SidelineSid

SidelineSid Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fellas, we're in good shape. We have good depth. We don't have to break the bank for Mankins. We'll give him a fair deal. If he walks, he walks. We have enough draft picks to replace him, and we'll get a compensatory draft pick.

Side note: What do you guys think of the way that Dan Koppen has been playing? Do you think he's getting pushed into the backfield like last year?
  10. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +436 / 5 / -6

#75 Jersey

They played great.

We ran consistently, and mixed it up. Coincidence?
  11. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +280 / 4 / -2

#51 Jersey

I'd like him to anchor the Berlin Wall personally. Nothing gets past.. nothing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.