PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Offensive Line Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pass protection is top notch but the run game is below average. Couldn't get BJGE into the endzone on repeated tries.

I'll be DVRing the replay tonight on the NFLN, and looking closer at the OL during running plays than I could at the bar on Sunday.

One thing I could notice is that whenever Law & Order ran up the middle, there was no room for either of them. Part of the reason for the lack of success there is that the OLmen were too close together, so the DLmen were also close together. And whenever the OL has that packed-in-tight look, it's almost always a run, and almost always no push or lane creation, and therefore almost always no or very little (< 3 yds) gain.

Not being able to run for a TD from < 5 yds away was very, very disappointing. There is no way that should ever happen with this experience on offense. BOB just seems to be not creative enough with designing short-yardage runs (e.g.: direct snaps, pitchouts to Woody, etc.)

Kudos to these guys for their critical role in the team's 183 rushing yards against the Raiders.

Last edited:
i like what ive seen

and consider that our C, RG, and RT at the moment played a different position, played on a different team, or played college ball respectively

our patchwork OL really is not performing very patchworky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back