PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Offensive Coodinator Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the chance for those of you who have been so critical of our OC, even when we win, to strut your stuff.

Here are depth charts of the Titans. Here are the stat's of the Titans.

Please submit your OC game plan against them. Include one or two plays, fully diagramed, that will work like a charm against the Titans. Include with your diagramed play all assignments for all 11 Patriots offensive players againts the personnel groupings of the Titans. Situation: 2nd and 8 on the Patriots 32 yard line.
http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/TEN/2006/regular/

www.titansonline.com/press_box/depth_chart/index.php

I'm giving you five stars for this post. I was going to post a poll in which posters could show off their coaching experience. I would like to start off by saying that I have won the superbowl countless times on Madden (with the AI toned down a little). I also threw a TD with my first ever pass during play time at HS (with one of those small balls) and was centre from the shotgun formation in 4 or 5 a side touch football.

Anyway, I'll have a go. Their D has given up 4.5 yards a carry. In that vein, I'm going to have I Formation, 1 TE, two wideouts. I'll send Maroney behind Heath Evans down the right (if Neal and Kaczur can open up a gap) and see what he gets.

I'm giving you five stars for this post. I was going to post a poll in which posters could show off their coaching experience. I would like to start off by saying that I have won the superbowl countless times on Madden (with the AI toned down a little).

Stop playing against your 5 year old son at rookie level.

Great thread. I'll post a play when I get home to photoshop.

Re: The Offensive Coordinator Challenge

Great thread. I'll post a play when I get home to photoshop.

No Madden or other computer game help. If you want to be an OC, you have to design your own plays.:rofl:

Bump for all the experts out there.

Here's the chance for those of you who have been so critical of our OC, even when we win, to strut your stuff.

Here are depth charts of the Titans. Here are the stat's of the Titans.

Please submit your OC game plan against them. Include one or two plays, fully diagramed, that will work like a charm against the Titans. Include with your diagramed play all assignments for all 11 Patriots offensive players againts the personnel groupings of the Titans. Situation: 2nd and 8 on the Patriots 32 yard line.
http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/TEN/2006/regular/

www.titansonline.com/press_box/depth_chart/index.php

You forgot one thing. The play cannot be based upon some stupid Madden playbook that these blokes think they are so good at. Great game, doesn't make you a NFL coach because you win a video game.

Re: The Offensive Coordinator Challenge

No Madden or other computer game help. If you want to be an OC, you have to design your own plays.:rofl:

jinx..................

What quarter is it? What is the score?

How many time outs remaining?

How many yards rushing, thus far, have we accumulated, on how many rushes?

How many passing yards have we accumulated, and what type of passes, screens, flat passes, crossings, any deep routes that succeeded?

One needs some history of how the game has progressed to the point of calling these plays, and the importance of them in the entire scheme of things.

For example, if it is the second half, and thus far we have tried to r4un the ball 22 times and only gotten 31 yards, it couyld effect the next two play calls, and also, how successful, or not successful , we have been withour passing game to this point.

A lot more date is required.

For example, as we all know, and as we all commented on.. after the Colts game, a game in which we racked up 100 yards on the ground in the first half, and the game was close, for whatewver unknown reason, our offensive play calls completely changed in the second half, Maroney, for example, only carried the ball 4 times, and we switched to a totally different type of game, and lost.

So, using that as an example, ONLY, and nothing more, a lot more data needs to be known before those 2 plays can be called.

Not trying to be a pita, but its true that more data needs to be on the table first.

Why does it matter? Your only two plays are a screen or inside cross.

Got anything intelligent to say?

yes as soon as you start posting something besides slants, screens, and you hate McD i will get off of your k-5 level.

What quarter is it? What is the score?

How many time outs remaining?

How many yards rushing, thus far, have we accumulated, on how many rushes?

How many passing yards have we accumulated, and what type of passes, screens, flat passes, crossings, any deep routes that succeeded?

One needs some history of how the game has progressed to the point of calling these plays, and the importance of them in the entire scheme of things.

For example, if it is the second half, and thus far we have tried to r4un the ball 22 times and only gotten 31 yards, it couyld effect the next two play calls, and also, how successful, or not successful , we have been withour passing game to this point.

A lot more date is required.

For example, as we all know, and as we all commented on.. after the Colts game, a game in which we racked up 100 yards on the ground in the first half, and the game was close, for whatewver unknown reason, our offensive play calls completely changed in the second half, Maroney, for example, only carried the ball 4 times, and we switched to a totally different type of game, and lost.

So, using that as an example, ONLY, and nothing more, a lot more data needs to be known before those 2 plays can be called.

Not trying to be a pita, but its true that more data needs to be on the table first.

Read the post again slowly. I asked for an OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN. I said to include a play with diagrams that was sure to work from the Patriots 32 on 2nd and 8.

None of the jive you mentioned has anything to do with what was asked.

You are the one who is constantly bashing the OC, so this should be a slam dunk for you.

Read the post again slowly. I asked for an OFFENSIVE GAME PLAN. I said to include a play with diagrams that was sure to work from the Patriots 32 on 2nd and 8.

None of the jive you mentioned has anything to do with what was asked.

You are the one who is constantly bashing the OC, so this should be a slam dunk for you.

He can't handle this type of challenge because he is so stuck on himself he can't read what the post says.

The situation as described is not complete. Score, quarter, etc, are all important parts of the situation.

What you do on 2nd and 8 from your own 38 in the first quarter of a scoreless game are far differnt thatn what yu might call on 2nd and 8 on your own 32 late in the third quarter, down 24-10.... or early in the 4th quarter ahead 27-3....

More data regarding game time situation, score, etc, is needed, otherwise the answer can not be determined.

And, if you disagree with that, then that is your problem, not mine.

Keep trying to bait me, but the situation is half assedly described. Sorry.

Do you not know what a freaking gameplan is??? Get this, an OC puts plays together before a game. Wow what a concept.

Do you not know what a freaking gameplan is??? Get this, an OC puts plays together before a game. Wow what a concept.

Here's a guy who makes a life out of slamming the OC and he doesn't even know what a game plan is.

All plays are included in a game plan so the plays I asked for should be included in the game plan.

Here's a guy who makes a life out of slamming the OC and he doesn't even know what a game plan is. I expected a cut and paste job but this is even lamer than I expected.

Why, why are we not surprised?

No, its you that is stuck on me....You must have a phobia, seeing as you contantly attempt to interject your vendetta, and cant go a day without bringing up my name, one way or another. You really have a bad problem that needs attention. But, I love the attention. Thanks for making the legend grow. People like you are hard to find. ones that will perpetiate the legend and make it even bigger. Thanks, again.

Now, 2nd and 38 on your own 38..what quarter, whats the score, rain or sunshine, wind or no wind... home or away, grass or turf, dome or open, blue uniforms or white, maybe silver, night or day, what month, first game of season or is a win needed to get to the playoffs.... if you want some answers, give it a full description, not just part of it....

Now, for the record, that comment was made in a facetious manner...but the question, as it was asked, is too vague.... there are some key points that need to be known .....

I will point out your idiocy at every chance I get. You deserve and need to be ban from this board.

The only thing you are trying to do is hi-jack this thread once again and make it all about you and your questions. You can't even step up to the level and respond with what the thread calls for. You have to make it all about you.

You don't have the ability anyway so no big deal. Just for you, istead of madden, you may not use tecmo bowl. That should be more age appropriate. Or is it Pong? hmmmm

I know you don't mind the attention because you will just make your normal threats like you do with the other posters.

Yup, and sometimes they work, and sometimes they dont...and when they dont, they need to be changed right in the middle of the game, as Charley Weis did many times, and which Josh has not done very often, if at all........so the sitluation, as described in this thread, is not enough data. Plain and simple.
Are you kidding? We won 11 games. You are so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back