PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
When was the last time a New England QB had two 400+ passing games in a row?

When was the last time a New England offense had two 500+ yard games in a row?

==============================================

We have overcome the injuries at QB and RB. We have overcome the low production from the TE position. The wraps are off. We now have an awesome 2009 offense. The open question now is whether we can now go 12-4 or 11-5 and go strongly into the playoffs. I believe that every 12-4 and perhaps even every (certainly almost every) 11-5 team has gone to the playoffs since the NFL went to the double wildcard system in each conference.

Our defense is good enough. Our special teams are good enough. Our offense is good enough. It is now time for the team to execute, and time for us to enjoy!

McDaniels has done a great job with Cassel and also coming in with good game plans. The in game adjustments are what scares the heck out of me. We telegraph our offensive formations too much, we need to be less ****y and add more deception.

Why does the site block the word c-ocky?

Our defense is good enough.
I was going to disagree with this but the last two offenses we faced, believe it or not, had the 7th and 8th ranked QB in the league. Interestingly, next week's QB is ranked 21st so I'll re-visit this in a week.

I am troubled by our kickoff coverage

and the offense has to stop making mistakes........they should be 9-2 right now

McDaniels has done a great job with Cassel and also coming in with good game plans. The in game adjustments are what scares the heck out of me. We telegraph our offensive formations too much, we need to be less ****y and add more deception.

I don't agree with this. You only need to add more deception or change it up if the plays ARN'T working. If they can't stop us running plays out of the shotgun all game, why stop? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The next game will be an excellent test for both the offense and the defense.

I was going to disagree with this but the last two offenses we faced, believe it or not, had the 7th and 8th ranked QB in the league. Interestingly, next week's QB is ranked 21st so I'll re-visit this in a week.

Why does the site block the word c-ocky?

Take a wild guess.

And there aren't enough good things to say about our offense this season. We have a bunch of injured backs, injured OL, and we're playing pretty darn well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes