PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The offense once Brady, Gronk, Lewis return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to choose between Lewis coming back healthy, or VOLLMER coming back healthy...

I'd take Vollmer. And I love Lewis's game.
Agree. Vollmer is more important considering we already have a plethora of weapons on offense. Plus with Scar back, Solder and Vollmer should excel. White is looking pretty good this year and while not the same as Dion, he still brings an interesting dynamic to our offense.

Dion Lewis is quick as a cat and and fact may be quicker than some cats.

1278073786_super-fast-cat-in-a-box.gif

"Oh yeah?!?! Beat THAT, Dion!"

I am going to operate under the assumption that Lewis won't be the same dynamic option he was last year. He very well might, but missing this amount of time, coming back mid season and playing the way he does, doesn't leave much room for error. There is also the possibility that white has absconded his role by the time Lewis is healthy, which is just one more good problem to have.
Well said, I agree with all of this.

Lewis' return at this point is nebulous, and it will not surprise me at all if he suffers setbacks or ends up not playing at all. I am drooling at the thought of adding a healthy Lewis to this offense, but I wouldn't bet on it happening. And, like you said, it's going to take him a while to get back into game shape and up to playing speed, etc.

At this point I'm viewing Lewis is a potential bonus, not as something we should count on.

It's a real ****ing shame, because I think that Brady retakes the TD record if he plays a full season with a generally-healthy Gronk, Lewis, Edelman, Amendola, Bennett, Hogan and Mitchell.

Well said, I agree with all of this.

Lewis' return at this point is nebulous, and it will not surprise me at all if he suffers setbacks or ends up not playing at all. I am drooling at the thought of adding a healthy Lewis to this offense, but I wouldn't bet on it happening. And, like you said, it's going to take him a while to get back into game shape and up to playing speed, etc.

At this point I'm viewing Lewis is a potential bonus, not as something we should count on.
Agreed. Its optimistic that 2015 Lewis will be 2016 Lewis but they have been very cautious with the guy and his surgery was minor. You never know I guess...

It's a real ****ing shame, because I think that Brady retakes the TD record if he plays a full season with a generally-healthy Gronk, Lewis, Edelman, Amendola, Bennett, Hogan and Mitchell.
There's always next year!

Y'know...if we don't cut him.

If I had to choose between Lewis coming back healthy, or VOLLMER coming back healthy...

I'd take Vollmer. And I love Lewis's game.

You don't necessarily need Lewis's game if Blount is getting holes to run through. But I agree Lewis is fun to watch.

if the offense stays healthy it will average 40 points a game

I am going to operate under the assumption that Lewis won't be the same dynamic option he was last year. He very well might, but missing this amount of time, coming back mid season and playing the way he does, doesn't leave much room for error. There is also the possibility that white has absconded his role by the time Lewis is healthy, which is just one more good problem to have.

I am not sure f the team will be dramatically more dynamic with the extra pieces to be honest. At this point, we have an embarrassment of riches, and the extra pieces just provide more options for opponent specific matchups. You do get to a point when you have more tools than you can fit on the field.

As good as Gronk is, does he even add 25 extra yards to last weeks win? I doubt it, but he will provide a matchup nightmare to some team that cannot account for him. And that's the chess match we are playing now.

It's just an incredibly well constructed offense, with great balance of skillsets, and depth to cover most injuries. If our o-line stays healthy, we are going to be able to play at any pace and any style.

I agree somewhat but having Brady back adds another level to QB which should translate into less stalled drives and more points. Gronk adds to the strength of the running/passing game as well.

I cannot wait to see what the Gronk/Bennett Duo will provide.

I expect/hope to see a lot of 12 personnel tomorrow or next week.

You don't necessarily need Lewis's game if Blount is getting holes to run through. But I agree Lewis is fun to watch.
I think that's fair, all other things working as planned Lewis is literally icing on the cake. Lewis is a nice perk because he can effectively both run the ball or catch it. White is a good (great?) receiving back but is at best disposable as a runner, and Blount with even semi-decent OL play will get them the run game they need but is no threat in the passing game (apart from maybe allowing them to send both TEs out on routes while he works as the 6th blocker). Lewis is a legitimate game-changer against certain teams, as we all saw early last year. Like Garroppolo, he has become the greatest RB of all-time and essential to NE success in many imaginations here based on an insanely small sample size.

Of course they can disguise some of those problems by design if healthy, but over the years we absolutely have seen times where they have telegraphed run or pass by their personnel groupings, to their own detriment.

It's obvious the Pats offense is gonna suck once all those guys get back.:p

WTF??? Do we really need to ask that question?

Or do we just want to practice gloating?

I think that's fair, all other things working as planned Lewis is literally icing on the cake. Lewis is a nice perk because he can effectively both run the ball or catch it. White is a good (great?) receiving back but is at best disposable as a runner, and Blount with even semi-decent OL play will get them the run game they need but is no threat in the passing game (apart from maybe allowing them to send both TEs out on routes while he works as the 6th blocker). Lewis is a legitimate game-changer against certain teams, as we all saw early last year. Like Garroppolo, he has become the greatest RB of all-time and essential to NE success in many imaginations here based on an insanely small sample size.

Of course they can disguise some of those problems by design if healthy, but over the years we absolutely have seen times where they have telegraphed run or pass by their personnel groupings, to their own detriment.

Good stuff Gronk.

The eventual/hopeful return of Brady and the "weapons" will not mean a whole lot
if Marcus Cannonfodder is our starting RT.

The eventual/hopeful return of Brady and the "weapons" will not mean a whole lot
if Marcus Cannonfodder is our starting RT.

He's been playing a lot better this year.

I'll have to re-watch with the DVR, but I noticed Cam Fleming on the field during the game. I ass-ume he was taking Cannonfodder's place at RT; maybe the change occured after Cannonfodder committed yet another dumb-ass penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back